Inventory Use Change?

Am I going mad, or when using items in your inventory (trading them up a tier, or across the tier 3 types) didn’t you used to get some sort of ‘Try Again’ option after doing it? Now all I have is ‘Onwards’ which kicks me back to the Possessions tab. Even when FL isn’t playing up (which it often is) the Possessions tab always takes an age to load for me. So now trying to upgrade or cross-grade items multiple times has gone from convenient to super-tedious. I am spending most of my time waiting for a page to load, a page I don’t even want to go to.

If this is supposed to be a QoL upgrade it is a pretty lousy one. Please change it back, FB! (Unless of course I imagined the whole ‘Try again’ thing entirely, but I don’t think I did)

On “Try again” - people reported such misbehaviour when using items outside of London itself - railway station, mostly. Is it your case?

Now you mention it I was in Ealing Gardens at the time. So it still works properly in London itself? Well that isn’t a problem at all then. I’ll just have to remember to do all my inventory business when I’m in town. Thanks very much for the info!

I’m having the same problems, but also I can’t seem to use any of my possessions outside of London at all?

Unless it was a glitch; I tried in Waswood, my base-camp, reflection of my laboratory, and even my laboratory . . . in the end, I had to go right back to London to use any item on my inventory (annoyingly I didn’t have enough to up-convert, making it a wasted journey). I’m sure you used to be able to use items in those places, outside of storylets before? Or am I misremembering?

[quote=Robin Alexander]I’m having the same problems, but also I can’t seem to use any of my possessions outside of London at all?

Unless it was a glitch; I tried in Waswood, my base-camp, reflection of my laboratory, and even my laboratory . . . in the end, I had to go right back to London to use any item on my inventory (annoyingly I didn’t have enough to up-convert, making it a wasted journey). I’m sure you used to be able to use items in those places, outside of storylets before? Or am I misremembering?[/quote]
Maybe the base-camp, but I’m sure not the rest of them. They added the Coffee storylet to the Lab specifically because you can’t use items in there; they only removed it because entering/exiting is now free. Perhaps you’re thinking of the outfit locks? That used to be locked in more places, but was opened up for the lab and base-camp.

Almost all items should be useable in the Upper River. The one exception is Favourable Circumstances, which seems to have slightly buggy behavior. It makes sense that it can’t be used (it’s used to draw cards that only exist in London), but the feedback is opaque.

You’ve never been able to use items in most places outside of London - so lab, base camp, parabola, etc. They specifically change that for the upper river locations, I think (with some rough edges, like the “try again” button mentioned in the OP.)