Interaction of Enigma and other Ambitions

Or, to put it bluntly, does having other ambitions block off your access to Ambition: Enigma? I was considering getting started on it, but I won’t spend 50 Fate to lose my monkey and all the work I put into my current ambition to pursue a mystery with, possibly, no reward at all.

[quote=Robin Mask]
No ambition blocks off Enigma.

Enigma lives alongside other ambitions. You’ll be fine to chase after Enigma :)[/quote]

Whew, thanks for letting me know. I guess the word &quotAmbition&quot is also there to fool any person investigating it.
P.S. Any suggestions where to start off, or at least some sort of hint as to how to get it?
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/26/2016

Warning: If you somehow worm your way into Enigma before you picked a regular Ambition, I think it blocks off the others. You can get rid of Enigma via a failsafe in this case, but it is permanent and irreversible.

Above is not a hint for finding Enigma, mind you.

Maybe back in the day, not the case anymore. My alt has Enigma and can still see starting storylets of the regular 4.
edited by Passionario on 3/26/2016

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
P.S. Any suggestions where to start off, or at least some sort of hint as to how to get it?
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/26/2016[/quote]
This is usually considered the ideal place to start. ;)

Maybe back in the day, not the case anymore. My alt has Enigma and can still see starting storylets of the regular 4.
edited by Passionario on 3/26/2016[/quote]

That’s good to hear.

It was kinda perplexing that the failsafe’s located in Mahogany Hall of all things, and had the Aunt’s face as the storylet picture to boot.

Found it. Now I’m tempted to click it to see if it has any interesting text.

Edit: Did it. No regrets.
edited by Passionario on 4/2/2016

Another noteworthy non-interaction: resetting your regular Ambition via Lethean Tea-Leaves does not affect your Enigma progress (or lack thereof) in any way.