Increasing Hedonist

Greetings, I recently returned to Fallen London after a fairly long hiatus.

I used to have a fairly high Hedonist score — high enough, in fact, that it was a point of pride. Since returning I’ve slowly and carelessly lost it on little things (accidentally using the Church opportunity card when I’ve already maxed out Persuasive is my no. 1 repeated mistake) but thought, no bother, I can always regain it back. Except: I can’t! I didn’t realise that many previously reliable options have now been capped.

I have 11 Hedonist now, and I just need that tiny bit to get me over to 12 so I can use up my Ornate Typewriter. Help?

You can sell your soul. There’s not much else.

Already did :(

[quote=Capri]Greetings, I recently returned to Fallen London after a fairly long hiatus.

I used to have a fairly high Hedonist score — high enough, in fact, that it was a point of pride. Since returning I’ve slowly and carelessly lost it on little things (accidentally using the Church opportunity card when I’ve already maxed out Persuasive is my no. 1 repeated mistake) but thought, no bother, I can always regain it back. Except: I can’t! I didn’t realise that many previously reliable options have now been capped.

I have 11 Hedonist now, and I just need that tiny bit to get me over to 12 so I can use up my Ornate Typewriter. Help?[/quote]
University’s Term Passing carousel if your Featuring Tales at the University isn’t above 5; this way you can get it to level 15.
EDIT: After you regain your soul. Forgot to add this important detail.
edited by Skinnyman on 7/23/2016

I, too, find myself in a similarly unpleasant situation, having 10 Hedonist, no Soul and both completed University and Court storylines. In such a condition, how might one attempt to raise their hedonistic characteristics to the point right beyond 11?

I think, if you are not banished from the court, a particularly hedonistic conclusion with beauty+wit? Goes up to 15, but will exile you to tomb colonies (so don’t expect to have eny austere after you get back).

Or, there’s a rare success in some storylet somewhere in the feast of rose. I am currently at 13 from that.

There seems to be something in the tomb-colonies, but i could not tell you what. All I know is I had less than lv. 10 when i went in, and during my trips in-and-out, it went over 10 for a bit. Knowing the devs, I’d bet it’s “Return Unrepentant.” OFC, that’ll cut into austere, so if you want scarlet saint… well, too bad.

I hear abusing laudanum can raise your Hedonist up to 16, haven’t tried it myself though because I’m not sure it would be worth it.

Can anyone say anything to this? I’m exiled in the Tomb Colonies now more-or-less precisely so I can get my hedonism as high as possible (after letting it sink because I just wanted to be nice to my Clay Sedan bearers for a while!) and I’ve just reached 10, so if there’s any way to bump it up past that while I’m here that’d be fantastic. Everything seems to be capped at 10 though.

Since all &quothedonistic&quot choice on Tomb Colonies cards raise the quirk by 3 CP, my feeling is that Grenem had a high 9, then took an option that carried it 1 or 2 CP over into 10. Still capped, though.
edited by fadi_efendi on 7/24/2016

Entirely possible. I thought there was a &quotboost on leaving&quot option, but it looks like there isn’t, or that it was a change during tomb-colonist revamp if there was- which sounds less plausible than that it always was that way, and i’m delusional. if i hit a higher-than-possible number, like 10 with 8 cp, i’ll figure out what did it. idk, probably missed something.
Whelp, if i figure it out, i’ll post it here. in the meanwhile, just assume i hallucinated it.
edited by Grenem on 7/24/2016

Laudanum is capped at 10 now.