Increasing "Acquaintance: Wry Functionary"

I need to have my acquaintanceship with the wry functionary at 3 in order to progress on the doubt street newspaper storyline. It is currently stuck at two. How do I raise it, besides hoping for opportunity cards?

As far as I know, it’s purely card-based, that one

Edit: Ignore this Grenem is right and I have the reading comprehension of a goldfish.

I’m fairly certain this is right. A Visit and one of the lodgings are all that I know of.
edited by MrBurnside on 7/25/2016

I’m fairly certain this is right. A Visit and one of the lodgings are all that I know of.[/quote]
Your latter one is for the repentant forger, though his only source of acquaintanceship is options on &quota visit&quot, or something not on the wiki.

There used to be an option at the Palace for the Wry Functionary. Have you checked there?

Add Cards with the Civil Service rare success which, as the other, doesn’t increase the level beyond 9.
With a bit of patience you’ll get there, mate! Good luck!
EDIT: Never seen that option ever and probably it was removed; checked on every level of Name signed with a flourish.
edited by Skinnyman on 7/25/2016

Actually, there is one. But I think that option is one time only, when you become POSI. That’s how I actually met him. It disappears afterwards, tho

Yes, it is, but didn’t mention that as the OP said he’s stuck at level 2. But may good info when someone from the future will look through this thread! :D