In the fifth cellar

I finally got the final card in the palace cellar storyline and was a bit puzzled as to what I found there. [Spoiler] [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The shiny, puce, empty sack with maroon veins on the floor. Was this the cantigaster? I know that the university storyline described him as a poison filled sack. Is this just a more detailed description or something completely different? [/color][Spoiler]

I don’t think so… the [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Cantigaster was green, and in some way visibly of human origin[/color]. I don’t know what’s at the heart of the Labyrinth, but I assume it’s [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]one or more of the Empress and Consort’s children, victims of whatever changes they’ve experienced since the Fall[/color]. Of course, it’s the same process in both cases, so there’s likely to be some overlap.

The file name? empresschild.png
Whether the thing in cellar is her child or not, I am not sure (although its demands of mirror makes me think it is human and desperately want to see its own appearance, grotesque or not), but going by the file name, her child is definitely deformed. And the color is indeed puce…
edited by Byron Man on 6/11/2012

I don’t think it wants to see itself in the mirror… [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I think it wants to step through[/color].

I’m of the opinion that this is the Duchess’ her consort’s ill-bred child.

This… does not inspire confidence regarding the Captivating Princess.

Oh no! Her Royal Highness and I shared a…confidence during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose. “Only a honey dream” I know, but it makes the mind wander.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed until November!
After that, if there are any Nigel looking blobs spotted near the Palace well… you can find me in the colonies. The very, very distant colonies.

The sidebar advert for the Labyrinth of Tigers mentions you can see the Cantigaster’s Children there but I don’t recall them being mentioned while visiting myself.

Oh no! Her Royal Highness and I shared a…confidence during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose. “Only a honey dream” I know, but it makes the mind wander.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed until November!
After that, if there are any Nigel looking blobs spotted near the Palace well… you can find me in the colonies. The very, very distant colonies.[/quote]
There is a very worrying piece of Flute Street content that might hint at the Princess… of course, since that’s Fate-locked, I’m not allowed to say more.

There are still three more coils to go.