In pursuit of a hot affair

Having carefully fostered my relations with a certain Barbed Wit and Acclaimed Beauty, I am eager to consummate the relationship with a most indiscreet ménage à trois. To my dismay, the combination of having been caught flat footed by the change in quirks and an ill-advised foray on Mutton Island recently has left me bereft of the necessary quality of hedonism. Such is life.

To wit- does any kind soul have any suggestions for raising this quality from 5 to 8? I have tried the old ways, but much has changed. Imbibing prodigious amounts of laudanum, for example, now only penalizes Austerity with no benefit to Hedonism.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Hedonist_Gain

Short answer: Get disgraced, and then be unrepentant in the tomb colonies. Or wait for the Bohemians Connection Card a lot of times. Either or.

Crank up those nightmares - grab them from everyone around you, and start guzzling Laudanum. That’s my method if I need a quick Hedonism boost.

This was me about 3 months back:
&quotSo I want to become more hedonistic before I get my horoscope read, and the simplest way to do so seems to involve imbibing large quantities of laudanum. But I figure if I’m going to be chugging laudanum and cultivating an addiction to the stuff I might as well let my nightmares creep up a bit and gain the full benefit of its use.
So I’m currently in the process of actively seeking out things that were not meant to be known by mortal men - in the hope that I can have a nice horoscope. #fallenlondonproblems
&quot

If you’ve got a bunch of people on your contact list, maybe negotiate a trade of some kind with some of them - you help with their Nightmares and they offer Wounds reduction. (You’ll need it after a while.)
edited by Kittenpox on 9/6/2015

Thank you. I fear I shall have to make a trip to the tomb colonies then.

As for guzzling laudanum- I believe that option has been closed off. I already have Indulging a Less than Laudable Laudanum Habit 3 and all drinking has so far resulted only in loss of Austere with no gain in Hedonism.

Trading Romantic Notions on Mr Wines is Holding a Sale will take you up to Hedonist 10. Of course you have to be lucky enough to get the card. But you can trade the wine for honey in the Honey Dens and up convert to Romantic Notions to keep playing it.

I believe some of the options on the “intimate with devils” cards still go up to 10 as well.

Thanks to everyone for their kind replies, with which I have concluded the seduction affair most satisfactorily. =)

For the benefit of anyone else who may face the same problem, a quick foray into the disgrace of the tomb colonies and choosing the appropriate options is indeed the fastest way to raise Hedonist, albeit at the cost of losing your Austerity.

[quote=Juno]Thank you. I fear I shall have to make a trip to the tomb colonies then.

As for guzzling laudanum- I believe that option has been closed off. I already have Indulging a Less than Laudable Laudanum Habit 3 and all drinking has so far resulted only in loss of Austere with no gain in Hedonism.[/quote]

The last time I checked this (which was about a month and a half ago, coinciding with the hullabaloo over the Quirk changes), a Laudanum Habit continued to increase Hedonist to 10, but only at Laudanum Habit 5 or greater (meaning you’d need to chug significantly more of the stuff).

[li]