I'm innocent!

…That is, a defining characteristic of my character’s always been his utter dedication in not permanently killing anyone. He steals, lies, and is dedicated to any kind of debauchery, but he NEVER kills; at the point that he earned his position in the Black Ribbon Society via a fraud, and his only black ribbon comes from somebody who’s actually not quite dead.

Problem is, during a storyline that I won’t describe as it is Fate-Locked, he made a choice, and without killing anyone whatsoever, he got the A Bringer of Death trait - at 34, no less.

Now I’m wondering: is that a bug, or is it intended? And more important, is there any way to remove this quality? I’ve got no great hopes as it seems to be quite a permanent achievement (after all, if you kill somebody, how could you possibly make amends?). But man, I actually didn’t kill anybody! Don’t wanna bear the stain of guilt T.T

[color=#009900]Bringer of Death means you are a past or future focus for fatal events. This is most often because you’ve murdered someone, but not always.[/color]

…Ah. If that means that in the future I could have the chance to prevent such events from happening, I could be glad of it. If not, no matter, I’m all too happy of having gained Hellfarer for my Scrapbook to whine too much about this XD

And please allow me to express my condolences on your innocence.

…I think every character should have some flaws to be interesting ^^"
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/14/2012

edited by streetfelineblue on 12/14/2012[/quote]

I see you’re A Warrior of Principle like me?

Which storyline do you get such qualities from?

The continuation Theological Husbandry. I’m guessing that the OP made the same choice I did at the current end of the content.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/15/2012

Ah. Something to look forward as I try to breed my seal.

edited by streetfelineblue on 12/14/2012[/quote]

I see you’re A Warrior of Principle like me?[/quote]

Yep. Mostly because… Schmucks, it’s Fate-locked, so I’ll just say that my character’s motivations for this are complex T.T

I could have put that on my Scrapbook too, but in the end I like Hellfarer more because it reminds me of old chum John “Hellblazer” Constantine ^^

[quote=streetfelineblue]

Yep. Mostly because… Schmucks, it’s Fate-locked, so I’ll just say that my character’s motivations for this are complex T.T

I could have put that on my Scrapbook too, but in the end I like Hellfarer more because it reminds me of old chum John “Hellblazer” Constantine ^^[/quote]

I figured the Hellfarer quality can be gotten with the fidgeting writer as well, so I took the other one :)
Though if you were to get it by the Fidgeting, I guess that would be an achievement in itself.

I’m a peaceful sort of bird, as a rule - didn’t kill any of the Black Ribboners, took the peaceful preservation option in the Bishop’s story - but I admit that I did pick up Bringer of Death in the Cheesemonger story. What can I say - her story affected me, and I never much liked spymasters to start with.

I did them in the opposite order, with the cheesemonger first. Her story affected me as well, and I got my first “Deathbringer.” Well, as they say after the first it gets easier. It fit nicely with the moral path I was following as a result of my Nemesis ambition as well.

I was actually so proud of finishing the Cheesemonger storyline without a single casualty that I tweeted about my character literally dancing in the streets, unknowingly citing the 9th Doctor (cfr. “The Doctor dances”) XD
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/16/2012

[quote=Sara Hysaro]The continuation Theological Husbandry. I’m guessing that the OP made the same choice I did at the current end of the content.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/15/2012[/quote]

Does it have something to do with Research, or does it extend further than that?

[quote=Aximillio]I figured the Hellfarer quality can be gotten with the fidgeting writer as well, so I took the other one :)
Though if you were to get it by the Fidgeting, I guess that would be an achievement in itself.[/quote]

I actually liked the fact that the quality could come from different storylines; my character is very jealous of his own deep motivations and thought, so not the kind to put too much information in his Scrapbook XD

[quote=Nagato-01][quote=Sara Hysaro]The continuation Theological Husbandry. I’m guessing that the OP made the same choice I did at the current end of the content.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/15/2012[/quote]

Does it have something to do with Research, or does it extend further than that?[/quote]

It is independent from that, being Opportunity card-based.