If you could request any story?

[quote=Professor Sketch]
No, that’s a story entirely focused on your travels. Salt is mentioned, and you can go East, but none of it is about his journeys.[/quote]

That’s fascinating. I’ve always thought of Salt as They. To me it’s an echo of a trinity. The very male Storm, the very female Stone, and then the utterly unhumanlike They of Salt.

Absolutely fascinating. Thank you Professor Sketch, I appreciate differing viewpoints, they illuminate alternate ways.

Oh, They’re definitely legitimately one of the Gods of the Zee. I think Their greatest danger is how they draw us East, to Them.

It is however entirely likely that my own ambiguities color my impression of Salt.

Seeing as you mention it… I’d love a story exploring gender variance in the Neath. Especially considering the range of flesh-sculpting available to us. What else? Well, there’s a whole Tomb-Colony out there, waiting to be explored. Oh, and you know who I’d like to learn more about? Dogs. We meet cats and rats and ravens and bats, and guinea pigs in cuirasses, but only a handful of dogs.

I would like to overthrow Visage. Everyone has to wear masks? Screw that! Kill all the enforcers!

But it’s better that way. I agree that the strict and confining roles and etiquette on Visage should be overthrown.

But if you were to stop the wearing of masks, many mild-mannered inhabitants of Visage would probably have to become killers.

I’d like to see content of alluded-to stories like the Waxwork case and The Sultan’s Dream. Also, I’d like to see more on the Spirifier and the Pianist. That was one of my earliest stories I played when starting FL and I’d love to see how it concludes.

Besides what’s been mentioned, I’d love the opportunity to engage on a botanical/mycological/zoological venture to give a fuller description of neathean ecosystems

You try to become friends with one of the Masters… and succeed. But, they are so obnoxious (adding a new, menace-filled card with Abundant frequency) that you end up trying to ditch them in the end. Preferably with one of the less-seen Masters.

So, Mr Veils and a domestic abuse card.

I would wager that the story about the Neath’s various craftsmen would be quite interesting. Gathering Parabola-Linen, meeting the crazed milliners responsible for the Exceptional Hat(s) and giving the man that set Kifer prices what-for! Seriously, this is a severely underexplored part of the game, and info from it would surely help RP.

Would love to see more Ambitions content, and continuations on promised storylines (e.g. The Last Constable and the Cheery Man, The Case of the Other Waxwork, &c). More zee-voyage destinations would also be grand.

But if I were to request a highly specific story in a highly specific way… I’ve always wondered why the Honey-Addled Detective lacks a certain Limping Doctor companion. Therefore, I suggest: a quest in which we attempt to recover said Limping Doctor from the place where he was lost on the battlefield; a place which the Regretful Soldier still sees in his fever-dreams, where the Blind Pianist’s contact hides amidst the roses (do not touch them, do not look at them, and most of all do not pluck them), where the Bishop’s regrets entwine with the sizzling, effervescent souls of the damned.

It’s all out of the blue (er, black?), I admit. But it’s a crossover, one might say, between several incomplete but hinted-at storylines already in-game, and most of all it was the product of a sleep-deprived mind over the course of several days back when I first started playing FL, when viric danced behind my eyelids and lore was an inspiration more than a guideline.
edited by Morcant on 7/15/2016
edited by Morcant on 7/15/2016

Random thought - you know who I’d like to see more of? Hephaesta, the strongwoman. She only turns up as a supporting character - I’d like to know more about her in her own right.

I would really love some late-game followups to early stories, like the Last Constable, Spirifer and Pianist. I really love continuity in world-building and it adds greatly to immersion, to feel that the stories continue, my choices are meaningful etc. I enjoy a lot most of the exceptional stories, but they have a ‘monster of the week’ feel to them - once they are over i get that I won’t be hearing from the characters again, and that’s fair for monthly stories, but I really, really appreciate when storylines intertwine and carry over to different stories.

I also would prefer new stories to be build around existing characters and places, instead of adding new ones. Maybe more stories revolving around companions that we’ve got? Or some companion-from-nadir romance, pretty please?
edited by Johanna de Silentio on 7/15/2016

That Watchmaker’s Daughter must be having one hell of a beauty sleep.

That would be the Deadliest Game - which would be a fun story. I still want a story in which your character tries to host a dinner party, with all the preparation and insane guest wrangling. I really liked the ES The Thrice Dead since we got to see the more domestic side of London, and I would like to see more stories in that vein - more normal aspects of life in a very abnormal world.

Oh, Morcant. No, not lost in battle. Betrayed in the streets near Wolfstack. The Limping Doctor, despairing of his friend’s addiction to honey, swears to track down the ones supplying the stuff. The Thoughtful Smuggler, seeing an opportunity, directs the hapless physician away from his best customer and into the hands of the Cat’s Chiefest Claw in exchange for certain privileges. The Honey-Addled Detective finds a jar of a darker, blood-coloured honey among his standard order sometime later and falls into the blackest of moods after tasting his friend’s memories…

Who will trace the Limping Doctor to the Isle of Cats, arrange his escape (or take his place? or join him?), and bring the Thoughtful Smuggler to justice (or to heel?)?

If I had to ask for a story though, just for one, it would be for the opportunity to take a Master’s place. Just for a day. To get a glimpse of the machinations that seethe behind the doors of the Bazaar, of the endless flurry of activity where influences and powers are in constant flux, and where the appetites of the Bazaar are laid bare for those who dare the permanent scarring of their minds.

If we view Exceptional Stories by which faction was their centre, most of them are already covered, with exceptions of the Uni factions and, of course, the Masters of the Bazaar. I fear that we won’t get a straight-up Masters ES, though, and that they’ll creep into every other one similarly to the Constables in the early ones.

We need another war against rats.

(Spoiler: rats win)

Oh, Morcant. No, not lost in battle. Betrayed in the streets near Wolfstack. The Limping Doctor, despairing of his friend’s addiction to honey, swears to track down the ones supplying the stuff. The Thoughtful Smuggler, seeing an opportunity, directs the hapless physician away from his best customer and into the hands of the Cat’s Chiefest Claw in exchange for certain privileges. The Honey-Addled Detective finds a jar of a darker, blood-coloured honey among his standard order sometime later and falls into the blackest of moods after tasting his friend’s memories…

Who will trace the Limping Doctor to the Isle of Cats, arrange his escape (or take his place? or join him?), and bring the Thoughtful Smuggler to justice (or to heel?)?

If I had to ask for a story though, just for one, it would be for the opportunity to take a Master’s place. Just for a day. To get a glimpse of the machinations that seethe behind the doors of the Bazaar, of the endless flurry of activity where influences and powers are in constant flux, and where the appetites of the Bazaar are laid bare for those who dare the permanent scarring of their minds.[/quote]

For your theory, Sir/Madam/Citizen/&c, I raise my hat to you. Granted, I am not currently physically wearing any of my hats, but I shall let it be known that I am raising my metaphorical hat to you in a metaphorical gesture of quite un-metaphorical camaraderie. Yes, we should have that storyline. I normally cannot really afford an EF, but I’d scrape enough for one month if that’s the month’s content.