If you could add one thing to the game...

(I accidentally clicked thumbs down, but had meant to give this comment a thumbs-up.
Someone please put the oh-so-clingy Struggling Artist out of his misery, ASAP!)

[quote=Estelle Knoht]Profession social actions via Free Evenings!

As a Murderer, optimize your friend’s deck by killing (Struggling Artist / Artist’s Model / Jewel Thief), thus leaving said menace incapacitated for a week!

I always wanted to order a hit on fictional people…[/quote]

Ooh, this sounds pretty cool! As a Midnighter, I’d love to take the confessions and memories of my friends. A glassman could certainly help with nightmares. A monster hunter would be a pro at running battles. Perhaps a Crooked Cross could let you convert Souls into Connected: Hell or something? I’m not really sure what a Crooked Cross does exactly.

As a reward for a big quest, it would be cool to learn the process of brewing Darkdrop Coffee. Spending ~20 actions at your lodging to produce one cup. Maybe also requiring sacks of darkdrop coffee beans, obtainable from the Blue Bazaar, perhaps.
It’d be great to have the option to, at some cost (in wounds, action efficiency, and overseas items of moderate expense) store up actions for later.

Having only recently climbed into the PoSI ranks, I guess I’d say I would most like to see a revamped or new piece of Dangerous content as mechanically interesting as Expeditions, Heists or Port Carnelian. While I totally understand that story has to be doled out in drips and drabs due to the nature of the game, I’m really not keen on the &quotrepeat these six storylets over and over to build a particular Quality, which you can then spend for a small bit of story progress&quot-style of content. I really enjoy the stuff that uses Airs or the Opportunities deck cleverly, though! :)

A way of ordering my equipment would be super - It’s not much, but my sulky bat and bat with attitude should be together, dammit! And I don’t want my +2s mixed in with my +8s!

As a Murderer, optimize your friend’s deck by killing (Struggling Artist / Artist’s Model / Jewel Thief), thus leaving said menace incapacitated for a week!

Would an Author just start throwing books at them?

[quote=Deanscig][quote=Estelle Knoht]Profession social actions via Free Evenings!

Would an Author just start throwing books at them?[/quote]

Skip the Author, go for the Correspondent and set the guy on the fire, starting at the mustache!

Alternatively, I am fairly sure the Campaigner and the Crooked-Cross can get them exiled.

Its funny, I was actually coming here to ask for an option to off the Entanglement with an old friend. Have a good sink for those Venom-Rubies cluttering up the economy. I’d be fine with eating a ton of scandal suspicion to pull it off too. The sad thing is, I actually leveled past the opportunity to meet the Struggling Artist and then equipped a Rat to go back and play through the story, not realizing that I was cursing myself.

Since that option was already stated though I’ll say it would be cool to have some new places to go at Zee. After playing Sunless Sea there are a lot of ports closer than Polythreme to explore. Even if there isn’t much to do there I’d love to visit for something different.

Automatic outfits.
Even for a stat-capped character, there are still too many storylets where switching just one or two items is difference between not-100% and yes-100%. Usually, there’s no reason not to just automatically use my best equipment, instead of having me waste dozens of seconds switching it one way before the storylet, and back after.
(exceptions: 1) when switching a (menace-giving) item off and back on would increase my base menace from 0 to 1 and 2) when I want lower stats for xp grinding; that would probably require either a non-obtrusive opt-out checkbox, or manual configuration of which outfit should be used for which stat
also 3) what to equip for multi-stat challenges)

Have you tried the Labyrinth of the Tigers and the Velocipede Squad? I personally enjoyed Velocipede Squad a lot as a young POSI.

[quote=xKiv]Automatic outfits.
Even for a stat-capped character, there are still too many storylets where switching just one or two items is difference between not-100% and yes-100%. Usually, there’s no reason not to just automatically use my best equipment, instead of having me waste dozens of seconds switching it one way before the storylet, and back after.
(exceptions: 1) when switching a (menace-giving) item off and back on would increase my base menace from 0 to 1 and 2) when I want lower stats for xp grinding; that would probably require either a non-obtrusive opt-out checkbox, or manual configuration of which outfit should be used for which stat
also 3) what to equip for multi-stat challenges)[/quote]

There’s a browser-plugin called the Fallen London Valet that can automatize that chore for you, y’know. There’s a thread about it just up there, actually. points upwards Maybe not quite the same, but if you’re finding it bothersome to change your equipment around, it’ll definitely help.

I believe it is Chrome only, however.

It also doesn’t do what I want at all.

It appears that with the new salon options, this wish has been granted.

[quote=Hypersomnus][quote=Estelle Knoht]Profession social actions via Free Evenings!

It appears that with the new salon options, this wish has been granted.[/quote]

I don’t have a Salon and I am not giving up my orphanage without a death, so it seems like I won’t be ordering hits on the Struggling Artist anytime soon.