If conflict cards were one-time affairs...

“A contact in the Great Game has a tale for you” (Church/Great Game): Church. I tend to like the church. For the most part, they care about the good of the people. The Great Game, on the other hand, is just that: A game. Do they ever manage to actually accomplish anything, for all their plots and deceiving? No, they do not.

“Crime or Punishment?” (Constables/Criminals): Criminals. As the card puts it, the special constables are killjoys. I’m all for helping people, and I like most constables… but the special constables are just mindless puppets of the Masters!

“Brimstone or Frankincense?” (Hell/Church): Church. Because screw those devils

“The kaleidoscopic church” (Church/Bohemians): Bohemians. Sure, I like the church, but being colorful won’t hurt them.

“The Acacia and the Butterfly” (Orient/Docks): Orient. Why should the dock workers get a cut? It ain’t theirs!

“The Devil and the Child” (Hell/Urchins): Urchins. Again, devils can rot in hell.

“A misfortune at the Carnival” (Rubbery Men/Tomb-Colonies): Rubbery Men. Because Rubbery Men are awesome

“Going gentle” (Society/Tomb-Colonies): Tomb-Colonies. The man wants to go. To obstruct that is just wrong. Besides, it’s not every day I get to call someone a varlet!

“Amber in the well” (Revolutionaries/Rubbery Men): Rubbery Men. I like the revolutionaries, I really do… but if you knew the things I know, you’d be eager to help the Rubbery Men at every turn.

“They all look the same to me” (Constables/Rubbery Men): Rubbery Men. They get falsely accused enough as it is, about time they caught a break. Besides, I’m sure they had a good reason.

“Youthful high spirits” (Docks/Urchins): Urchins. For the lulz, mostly.

“A familiar face by the school railings” (Orient/Urchins): Orient. Let’s see… raised in a nice home, where she’ll get a nice job using the skills she perfected in her youth? Or deliver her back to those ungrateful bastards who’ll cut her loose when she’s too old? It’s an obvious choice really.