I regret my decisions, any way to change them?

If you don’t like seeing city vices cards, there exist certain seasonally available lodgings that prevent you from drawing said cards while you live there.

[quote=Snowskeeper][quote=Polybius]&quotNo rest for the wicked&quot

You ambush the Struggling Artist on his way from the Duchess’ Salon. He’s heavily inebriated and hums a merry tune as he alleviates himself in a dark alley. His years of stalking you come to an end as you plunge a cold blade into his heart. His body hitting the ground makes a very satisfying sound. Your work here is not yet done. You dismember his carcass like the seasoned butcher you are. He won’t awaken ever again.

Your ‘An Admirer of Art A Gentle Critic’ Quality has gone!
edited by Polybius on 10/18/2014
edited by Polybius on 10/18/2014[/quote]

Bringer of Death is increasing…[/quote]

Honestly dismemberment may be unnecessary, even the most persistant stalker is inclined to get discouraged if you shoot him every time he shows up.

(…i hope.)
edited by WormApotheote on 10/19/2014

Oh? Please enlighten the less enlightened.

[quote=dharthoorn][quote=]If you don’t like seeing city vices cards, there exist certain seasonally available lodgings that prevent you from drawing said cards while you live there. [/quote]Oh? Please enlighten the less enlightened.[/quote]Last year’s Christmas content gave the ability to acquire 3 unique lodgings:

Moving into any of these gives you the quality A Remote Address, which removes all city vices cards from your deck.

[quote=NiteBrite]If you don’t like seeing city vices cards, there exist certain seasonally available lodgings that prevent you from drawing said cards while you live there.[/quote]That’s all well and good for non-PoSI, but I’m not willing to give up life in a Spire-Emporium to live in one of those places. It’s just not worth it. And I like exchanging favours with the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer. That’s how I don’t even need to spend Free Evenings to maintain my Notability.

And in favour of the Struggling Artist I should perhaps mention that he offers two ways to increase Forceful (up to 6) without also reducing Subtle by an equal or greater amount. Not that I do that, but it’s there if I’d want to.

All in favor of changing all &quotCity Vices&quot card frequency to &quotUncommon&quot say AYE.

AYE

If I could go on strike I would, but that would mean no playing…nah.

Nay. Where to lodge is now an interesting decision. The cards were always around, and they’ve recently balanced the deck.

Deck is far from balanced, and being forced to live in christmas event exclusive lodging just to avoid getting your deck clogged with those same and useless cards every draw is not a solution at all.

[quote=dharthoorn]All in favor of changing all &quotCity Vices&quot card frequency to &quotUncommon&quot say AYE.

AYE

If I could go on strike I would, but that would mean no playing…nah.[/quote]

Possibly silly question, not least because I haven’t experienced as much previous discussion of this, but why not just make them a bit less terrible? The other City Vices aren’t so terrible.

I don’t have any issues with the tournament of weasels card, because it doesn’t even show up that much that I’ve really noticed it. I’m presently getting absolutely spammed by the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer, but I like her and she’s trivial to get rid of if I wanted to do so. Orthographic Infection doesn’t bother me either because it has a very nice Counting the Days option (and even if the first option is still so terrible it’s practically comedic, I still like it because of the flavor it provides – it’s one of the primary things that established to me that writing can be really scary in the Neath). As for the Decadent Evening card, I do auto-discard this, but it’s not that bad that I know of.

Actually why not give these two particular cards a counting the days / pocket of loose change option? Surely your two old friends / ridiculous stalkers can give you a little amorphous tit-for-tat there.

Though still an option to get rid of them would be great. :P Or an additional option to get rid of them (which less people may then want to take advantage of, if the cards are slightly mechanically better).

(…inb4 the stalker!cards have already been changed to provide a searing enigma on a rare success and we just don’t know because we don’t play them)

Making them uncommon would also make them less irritating, but seems a bit like a bit of a … somehow sad solution. Maybe that’s silly. I actually want to like these two cards, and I liked them when they first showed up. Even the first ten times they showed up. Which was in the first two days, by the way. So.

At the risk of making an extremely unpopular suggestion, actually, why are there so few City Vices cards, anyway? For how damn often they show up? The fact that two old flames seem to be such a significant 'face&quot of this category seems a bit weird in particular. Why not some extremely inadvisable Neathy shopping? Avoid/Get into/Officiate street brawls? Take your pet weasels to a weasel park? Go see some unusual local Neathy sights? Visit some ordinary booksellers, not just that one specific incredibly rare magical one? Inappropriately flirt with the Masters? (Okay, maybe the last one should be Rare frequency.)

Of course, this bit is turning into a more difficult content request, which makes it understandably incredibly unlikely to happen anytime soon (or ever), but still. :P It seems like City Vices could be more fun, and since they seem to show up so often.

(Also, I drew the model/artist three times while writing this post. Ha.)

edit: for spacing
edited by thedeadlymoose on 10/19/2014

I think most of the community agrees that the City Vices cards need refining. Too much about them just does not make sense, with some being outright detrimental to overall gaming experience.

Hopefully it will get looked at, at some point. Not sure there’s anything else that can be done other than speak our minds on the Forum.