I regret my decisions, any way to change them?

1. Is there a way to get rid of Admirer of Art A Gentle Critic and Admirer of Beauty Beautiful Company?
  2. Is there a way to retrieve the cursed correspondence painting If i sold it to a Master during Uncovering Secrets Framed in Gold? My quality is currently 53. If not, is there a way to restart the story?
  3. Is there a way to restart The Cheery man and the Last Constable story?
  4. Is there a way to restart any of the four neighbour stories? (Rooftop urchin, Vicar, Bohemian Sculptress, Clay Coalman) ?

I’m 100% certain that the answer to all those questions is a series of &quotno&quot. You could, however, consider your current character a ‘probe’, if you will. And then make a new character with a different name, who can make informed decisions instead of just trying things out and hoping for the best and ending up getting the worst. (I’m looking at you, Annoying Artist, whose only worth is as a flimsy pretend-source of Collections of Curiosities.)

While most would say there is no way, that bending time is impossible, unethical, and comes with consequences too horrific to imagine- there is in fact a solution to your problem. But it comes at a price, the ultimate price really.

If you log in to your account then go to account settings here StoryNexus : World not Found you will see an ominous red button that reads &quotDeactivate Account&quot. It is a dread and terrible red button, but a necessary one. Pressing it will undo all of those little decisions you regret (as well as every other decision you have ever made). Once you press it, there is no going back and you will be erased from time completely allowing you to be reborn, to start over fresh and new. Once your old life or &quotaccount&quot is gone, you can create a new one using your original log-in information. If you re-use your old name (you have a choice not to) which I believe you can since there is no longer an account by that name (it worked for me once), it may just may be possible to keep your old journal. I know I kept my journal when I got flushed out of existence that one time, but it might have been a fluke given that there were special circumstances. You might have to resign yourself to the possibility that memories of your old life, the life of a never-was, could be lost to you forever. But do not fret, I am sure all shall be well. Shall be well. Shall be well

edited by NiteBrite on 10/18/2014

Note that the Fate spent on SFiG will not be refunded, if you did spend some.

I think I’ll rather keep my progress and live with the regret my choices brought me. Perhaps in time new nex choices will be added that will unravel threads of fate and allow me to change my past without earasing myself from existence?

I have achieved too much to let some of my mistakes drag me down. Soon, I will wear skin of the Vake and all shall be well.
edited by Polybius on 10/18/2014

This would be fantastic, though. Not, like, restart the story, or change any decisions. Just be able to friggin’ break off the goddamn friendship like in real life. :P

I mean, currently, they’re basically a pair of creepy, shitty stalkers (and I have both of them, oops) who seem to be more persistent than any other card in the game (though that’s probably an illusion). Well, except the Devils, but not only do I really like the devils (and don’t want to get rid of them), stalker-ish behavior is in-character from them. If Fallen London is gonna push stalkers on me in-game, I’d prefer it just be the devils, thanks.

Honestly, this story might have less impact if you could change it. I did a particular ending on purpose to unlock a destiny, and I don’t ultimately regret it, but it had such an impact that I think I would’ve undone it if I could. But… that was the point, wasn’t it? I don’t think I’d like a reset button for this particular story.
edited by thedeadlymoose on 10/18/2014

They’re not creepy, shitty stalkers. They’re annoying, clingy assholes who refuse to stop trying to leach your money, because they know you’re more successful than them. It’s definitely in-character, though I would like a way to discretely dispose of them as well. Coughs; shoves revolver deeper into pants pocket

Corrected that last sentence for you :)

Corrected that last sentence for you :)[/quote]

I think that may be a little harsh. Assholes, they may be. But is it worth sacrificing them to Eaten? I doubt the Drowned One would even like them anyway.

&quotNo rest for the wicked&quot

You ambush the Struggling Artist on his way from the Duchess’ Salon. He’s heavily inebriated and hums a merry tune as he alleviates himself in a dark alley. His years of stalking you come to an end as you plunge a cold blade into his heart. His body hitting the ground makes a very satisfying sound. Your work here is not yet done. You dismember his carcass like the seasoned butcher you are. He won’t awaken ever again.

Your ‘An Admirer of Art A Gentle Critic’ Quality has gone!

Personally I do not play a lot of cards, and then when I do flip them on one of my 3 daily sessions and 2-3 out of 6 are Struggling Artist or Artist’s Model cards it’s very un-fun.

I do thoroughly regret having played those stories and would advise any new player against it, full stop. In fact, I think the FL Wiki should warn new players that completing those particular storlylets will result in being stalked for all eternity.

I actually took the time (since I wasn’t married at the time) to marry the artist model and divorce her. She doesn’t come around any more >:)

It took a decent amount of work, but it frees up the deck a bit. Might be worth doing the same for the aritst himself, but then I got married to my alt so shrug

I don’t think you can’t marry the Artist.

Haha that would be a real gas! But unfortunately like Sara says, the Artist isn’t exactly the marrying type. You might think it would be easier to justify him hanging around all the time, asking you for money if he was like super into you. But the fact of the matter is he seems much more into your money and success. Just not enough to actually marry you.

[quote=Polybius]&quotNo rest for the wicked&quot

You ambush the Struggling Artist on his way from the Duchess’ Salon. He’s heavily inebriated and hums a merry tune as he alleviates himself in a dark alley. His years of stalking you come to an end as you plunge a cold blade into his heart. His body hitting the ground makes a very satisfying sound. Your work here is not yet done. You dismember his carcass like the seasoned butcher you are. He won’t awaken ever again.

Your ‘An Admirer of Art A Gentle Critic’ Quality has gone!
edited by Polybius on 10/18/2014[/quote]

Bringer of Death is increasing…

Well, I just remembered that the most effective way to NOT be spammed by these cards is to just let them sit in your slots as the game doesn’t seem to want to deal doubles. Of course, that strategy only works if your lodgings has 3+ slots so lower level players are out of luck.

And if you can stand their smug ugly mugs staring at you with that click-me-please look in their beady little eyes 24/7… snort

I feel the same way about City Vices: A Plea from an Old Friend…

Yeah, I’ve taken to drawing cards 1 at a time and just keeping 3 I don’t want in my hand to remove them from the rotation. Looking forward to upping my hand to 5 this holiday season for one more slot.

[quote=Breckner]I feel the same way about City Vices: A Plea from an Old Friend…[/quote]You still get that card even with her as your spouse? I don’t get it ever since I started courting her as a PoSI (the gold card turned into a gold storylet in the Bazaar Side-streets.)

Still wishing a Murderer could be hired to deal with the Struggling Artist. But knowing Failbetter Games, his card would probably be replaced with a &quotRemember the Struggling Artist?&quot card, like with the Aunt, and the Mysterious Benefactor. (There comes a time when a person becomes stat-capped, and that’s when spending one Action for a single second chance is a waste of time. Especially if that second chance is a Sudden Insight or a Confident Smile. I would recommend new players to think carefully before proceeding with those storylines after accepting the gift. Do they really want to be saddled with another useless card for the rest of the game? Of course, no new player is going to read this forum before it’s too late to go back.)

Not finding a certain heiress also seems like the only way to avoid having the soon pointless &quotMirrors and Clay&quot card popping up. It’s not much fun drawing useless cards in the first place, but it stings a bit extra when I know that I’m only drawing those cards because of earlier choices.

[quote=Gillsing][quote=Breckner]I feel the same way about City Vices: A Plea from an Old Friend…[/quote]You still get that card even with her as your spouse? I don’t get it ever since I started courting her as a PoSI (the gold card turned into a gold storylet in the Bazaar Side-streets.)
[/quote]

Whoops! I had the card names switched in my memory. No, I was thinking of the same jerk with the moustache.