I miss echoing for a refresh.

That is all.

“Temporarily disabled” is the new Soon™.

Remember time is relative.

Remember time is relative.[/quote]

In this case it is a very distant relative.

I imagine the devs are vampires so time runs a little slower for them

I miss it too. And I miss being able to click on storylets when I have no actions without getting the BUY NEX screen of doom. /complains

yes, that too. I also miss having anything to do other than repetitive farming (I’m saving for the overgoat)–it seems like it’s been ages since we’ve had any new content. Though I suppose we’ll have The Silver Tree with which to amuse ourselves pretty soon here, if that’s still on schedule.

Hard to believe that by their original schedules for Fallen London, we would have mainstats up to 200 and ends to most if not all of the main storylines by now.

I ground for the overgoat. Near the end, I got bored and sold stuff. Now I am grinding to replace the stuff I sold. I, too, would relish some new content…

But yes! I am excited for the silver tree! And I do hope that we’ll see some new content for Fallen London soon too… I hate to moan, really (though I’m going to do it anyway, hah!) because I do love FL so much.

[quote=Lady Red]I ground for the overgoat. Near the end, I got bored and sold stuff. Now I am grinding to replace the stuff I sold. I, too, would relish some new content…

But yes! I am excited for the silver tree! And I do hope that we’ll see some new content for Fallen London soon too… I hate to moan, really (though I’m going to do it anyway, hah!) because I do love FL so much.[/quote]

I second and third all of what you and the other commenters on this thread have said! i.e., I’m longing for new content, eagerly awaiting The Silver Tree. (Though I bought my Overgoat long ago…)

Yeah, I’m not even bothering with Overgoat grinding - if I wanted to perform repetitive actions to have cooler-looking gear with slightly better stats, I’d play World of Warcraft.

So. Echoing’s been disabled for 161 days. That means 1610 actions that we’ve missed out on, if we echoed once per day.

I’d be a lot closer to my overgoat by now if I’d had those…

[quote=KatarinaNavane]So. Echoing’s been disabled for 161 days. That means 1610 actions that we’ve missed out on, if we echoed once per day.

I’d be a lot closer to my overgoat by now if I’d had those…[/quote]
Double that if you were an Exceptional Friend, though I am given to understand that many former Exceptional Friends have allowed their subscriptions to lapse until the big three bugs were fixed (of which only one, the opportunity deck timer resetting, has been addressed).

Yep, I let my EF status lapse… I’ll take it up again once the echo refresh is back in place though!

[color=#009900]Thanks for the reminder, guys. We originally took it down until we could fix an issue with Twitter, but in the meantime we’ve been advised that incentivising an echo is now in breach of both Facebook’s and Twitter’s platform policies (which have evolved since we first built the game). Consequently, we can’t switch it on again until such time as the policies change (most likely, never). We’ll update the misleading text next week.[/color]

Can we at least get the ability to echo to social media platforms back regardless of rewards?
sometimes its nice to share an awesome/hilarious snippet of writing

Sad face. It’d be nice, in that case, if there were other ways to earn refreshes (darkdrop?) without having to pay real money. Theoretically referring someone to play used to be able to do that, except it never seemed to work properly, the couple times I did it.

[quote=Spacemarine9]Can we at least get the ability to echo to social media platforms back regardless of rewards?
sometimes its nice to share an awesome/hilarious snippet of writing[/quote]

[color=#009900]We’d like to do this (for all StoryNexus games, not just Fallen London). But we need to rework the journal first, so it’s a good way off, alas.[/color]

In a semi-tangential note, I finally nagged the 7th of my friends to join me in Fallen London, and this message was presented to me.

“You have recruited 7 friends to Fallen London![sic] and gained several little gifts. You might occasionally get more interesting presents from echoing now.”

…only to find out that Echoing to Social Networks is removed. I can haz different recruit-7-people reward?

That’s a shame; I miss it as well.

[color=#009900]Thanks for pointing that out; we’ll remove that text too.[/color]