I just noticed I'm seeking something

In other words, I have the &quotseeking&quot quality, but a quick check around the city doesn’t turn up anything it applies to, and I certainly don’t remember starting any new challenges that use the quality. Is there a way to figure out what you’re seeking if you can’t remember/find the storylet it applies to? I’ve already looked through my qualities under the &quotmyself&quot tab and don’t see anything. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oh god… Is it back?

It had better not be. I didn’t consent to this! :P

It’s not SMEN.

Does http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Seeking… ring any bells, Kukapetal?

Hmmm…looking at that list, I wonder if I picked it up in Mahogany Hall somewhere…I have been spending a bit of time there the past few days. Maybe something related to the Wars of Illusion. I’ll have to take a look.

Thanks for your help!

Within London, one would most often pick up the Seeking quality while exploring the Heights of Chicanery in the Flit, I think.

I frequently find I have left behind some such quality…

Nothing better than starting a new grind only to learn that you have &quotSeeking…&quot &quotThe Hunt Is On…&quot &quotFascinating…,&quot what-have-you, already in progress…

(yeah, I’m not very good at keeping track of details… LOL)

[quote=John Savage]I frequently find I have left behind some such quality…

Nothing better than starting a new grind only to learn that you have &quotSeeking…&quot &quotThe Hunt Is On…&quot &quotFascinating…,&quot what-have-you, already in progress…

(yeah, I’m not very good at keeping track of details… LOL)[/quote]

I’m usually good at keeping track but this time, I cannot for the life of me figure out when I attempted this challenge. It’s still baffling me.

Maybe I’ll just go out to zee for a while and make it disappear for my own piece of mind :P

I’m a lass :P

[quote=Kukapetal]I’m usually good at keeping track but this time, I cannot for the life of me figure out when I attempted this challenge. It’s still baffling me.

Maybe I’ll just go out to zee for a while and make it disappear for my own piece of mind :P[/quote]
If you somewhat remember picking it up at Mahogany Hall, then there is a chance it was an opportunity card, related to side content for the Wars of Illusion which I personally dub the Theosophistical Tales. It starts out (the first card) when your Wars of Illusion is between 10-15 and Shadowy is 97 and above. The first card can be drawn anywhere as long as you meet those requirements. Here is a wiki page about it to help recognize it: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_Theosophistical_Enquiry The progress to this side content is all card based and one can easily lock themselves out of it when enough progress in the Wars of Illusion is made, since there is a value range the cards appear with respect to Wars of Illusion progress. Do you recall if it was an opportunity card? If not, then, as Toper said, it may have been in Flit under the Heights of Chicanery. Once Seeking is high enough there, it can be cashed in for some rewards. The only other source I can see, but least likely to be the case, is how the wiki describes the progress for the first Making your name: A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets story called Find a Tattooed Courier’s contact as seen here: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Find_a_Tattooed_Courier’s_contact This gets zeroed once it is completed though.

I’m guessing it’s either Flit with Heights of Chicanery or the Theosophistical card content, to help narrow your options to guess where your Seeking may have come from. I hope this helps. :)

OMG, I think it did come from Theosophistical Tales! I know I drew one of those cards yesterday. I must not have noticed that it granted the initial Seeking quality.

Thanks for solving the mystery!

[quote=Kukapetal]OMG, I think it did come from Theosophistical Tales! I know I drew one of those cards yesterday. I must not have noticed that it granted the initial Seeking quality.

Thanks for solving the mystery![/quote]
No problem, that’s great you got a handle on where it may have come from! Since it’s most likely those Theosophistical cards (just to clarify, the naming convention of The Theosophistical Tales isn’t official, I just dub those cards with that name because it’s all about exploring this ‘mysterious’ Theosophistical Society), here are some tips to help you progress it:

-Try not to make progress in Wars of Illusion from past 15 unless you know what you are doing so you can play the first card again if you want. You could make it up to 20 without locking yourself from content besides the first card.

-The rest of the cards past A Theosophistical Enquiry has a range of 10-20 for Wars of Illusion, but some appear to be location based, so you may want to use the wiki to help guide your progress (or you can PM me in the forum or in-game for help). Wiki link here: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Embroiled_in_the_wars_of_Illusion
An alternative wiki link is here (it has some outdated details, the wikia is the more up to date one): Seeking Information about the Theosophistical Society - Echo Bazaar

-If at any point you want to go to Zee or you want to replay or explore more cards within a Seeking range, you can always pick up and manipulate your progress in Seeking by using the Flit storylet Shadowing Couriers which is under the Heights of Chicanery storylet.

I still haven’t received a conclusion I’m expecting with the choices I made (I’m expecting to see a card for Seeking 12 not recorded in the wiki), so I plan on emailing Support soon to find out if I can. Try to use the wiki to help see where you want your stopping point to be (be it explore all cards or some cards). Overall, this is easily missed side-content, so do what you can, and if you get frustrated due to RNG card woes (they all have standard frequency from what I experienced thus far), then I think it’s ok to move on since it’s not absolutely vital to the grander scheme of the Wars of Illusion. I’m glad this got sorted out. :)

Very easily missed! This and Doubt Street are the two places I never realized there were cards at all attached to those storylines. While I’m sorry I’ve missed all of this content, you’ll be able to continue progressing without the cards altogether, as I’ve done (twice now!)