I Hate the Relickers!

At least you’ll always have something to work for!

dodges tomatoes :P

[quote=Kukapetal]At least you’ll always have something to work for!

dodges tomatoes :P[/quote]
Where in the Neath would I get Tomato’s to throw at you? More importantly if I did have such a delicacy I certainly would not waste them to throw at people I disagree with. No, I am afraid you will have to make do with Mushrooms.

I’m not a gambler in general, so after the first attempt (failed of course) I never tried to recertify any scraps - just collected them from lodgings and bats. I didn’t know about the Flit option, and I was collecting connections anyway. I’ve been playing for almost exactly a year, and I recently got a Breath of the Void. For something that is just happening in the background, it’s not a bad deal. I like collecting unusual items.

My favorite is the Capering Relicker, definitely. Because of the gifts he brings for &quotsomeone’s coming&quot, and his pleasant disposition. And cherries - I did gamble for cherries a few times.

I always gamble for cherries. Success seems to me way better than fifty per cent, certainly to go by my tidy little stash!

Scrap can’t be sold at all at the Bazaar. The only way to turn a profit from it is to exchange it with relickers. The top-tier items actually don’t have the best return in terms of echoes per scrap if you sell the items to the Bazaar, although that doesn’t account for the fact that any other way to spend 3200 echoes is a lot more actions.[li]

Where are you getting that?

Looking at capering, not accounting for the 1 action spent taking the action:
coruscating: 312.5e/680scrap = 0.4595588 e/scrap
skull: 60e/160 scrap = 0.375 e/scrap
rings: 37.5e/120 scrap = 0.3125 e/scrap
brandy (50% of 20 brandy, 50% of 5 brandy): 31.25e/100 scrap = 0.3125 e/scrap
brilliant: (probably something likr 49% of 42 souls, 1% of 42 souls and 1 muscaria, 50% of 10 souls): 13.025e/30 scrap = 0.4341666 e/scrap
sherry (50% of 80, 50% of 20): 5e/15 scrap = 0.333 e/scrap
blandsoul: (100 or 25): 1.25e/5 scrap = 0.25 e/scrap

The other relickers relish relics at pretty much the same rates.

I miscalculated by leaving out the chance of being unlucky. Never mind!

I never re-certify. Five card lodgings and favors: urchins at the Flit, mean I get the 680 required for the 365 echo items every month. This makes scraps it a rather profitable albeit long-term grind. Now, if you need the higher items for collecting purposes then yes, it will become frustrating, otherwise get the lodgings, camp in the Flit and the rest will follow!

Neither I nor my character is a snob. But the truth is that I don’t like any of the Relickers; they are too wrapped up in themselves and their work. What I do love is their Rattus Faber companions. Every last one of them: Mathilde, Montgomery, and I forget the names of the other two, right now.