I am Unaccountably Peckish?

I have eaten with a Devil, but I seemed to have gained what some Zailors on the Sunless Sea described as the Cannibal Taint. What are the consequences of this menacing hunger, and how do I rid myself of it?

(just tell me what I should look out for in vague details, I generally avoid the wiki due to spoils… I like to Roleplay, but a little help is always nice too.)

edited by Naomi Barlett on 1/5/2017

Congratulations! You are now eligible to draw the Ace of Hungers, a card that will let you seek Mr. Eaten’s Name, and with time, effort, money, and items, you can upgrade to Delete your character!

If you would like to opt out of this, please click the &quotBuy chestnuts&quot option on the Ace of Hungers card. If you would like to regret your choices, click any other option.
edited by suinicide on 1/5/2017

There are no consequences.

(Really.)

(No, totally seriously not.)

…the above is actually true. :) UP on it’s own does nothing… except increase by one every week as long as you have it, and spam your deck with increasing numbers of quite… special cards, of course…

To get rid of it, just use any options on these cards that do not have a ‘marsh-mired’ requirement. Meaning, where this is not mentioned at all. (Might be more or less painful, though. That depends.) Also, Rubbery Lumps, Labyrinth of Tigers, First Coil.

Edit: Heh, we’re really jumping at this, are we not? :)
edited by Reshemin on 1/5/2017

[quote=Reshemin]There are no consequences.

(Really.)

(No, totally seriously not.)

…the above is actually true. :) UP on it’s own does nothing… except increase by one every week as long as you have it, and spam your deck with increasing numbers of quite… special cards, of course…

To get rid of it, just use any options on these cards that do not have a ‘marsh-mired’ requirement. Meaning, where this is not mentioned at all. (Might be more or less painful, though. That depends.) Also, Rubbery Lumps, Labyrinth of Tigers, First Coil.

Edit: Heh, we’re really jumping at this, are we not? :)
edited by Reshemin on 1/5/2017[/quote]

Note that if you do click on the incorrect option, you can easily get out of the story you will start(just be patient, if I recall correctly you will draw a card that will allow you to leave the story, you will still be able to begin the story later in the game if you wish(and you will want to do it)).

I mean it’s not so bad.
It’ll just see you destroy everything you own & know & love.

For a beginning.

[quote=memespawn]I mean it’s not so bad.
It’ll just see you destroy everything you own & know & love.

For a beginning.[/quote]

That’s only if you go through the gate! It’s not so bad, the only thing I miss are the connections, oh my poor babies cries.