How To Vote None Of The Above

Assume good faith.

The entire point is discussing what good faith is! One vote, one person? As long as each one’s a distinct individual, it’s fair even if they all go pro-bishop? Anything goes?

[quote=malthaussen]
But I wonder what affect the multitude of players who don’t participate in the forums are going to have, even if that insomniac created his 1000 alts. There are a LOT of people playing FL, and a glance at the &quotWho else is here&quot box in the various locations demonstrates that most of 'em don’t participate in the forums, but will likely be playing all the election content anyway. So possibly the &quotfairness&quot issue is invalid for that reason, if no other.

– Mal[/quote]
Well, it’s not insignificant- sure, that theoretical’s never outweighing everyone, but that’s still outweighing at least 25 players who did everything they could. Just because stuffing the ballot box so thoroughly doesn’t result in instant victory doesn’t change that you removed the impact of 50 players (25 opposing faction A and 25 of opposing faction B) in a less-than-honorable method. And the lesser versions are the same. Because, say, all three of your alts are Pro-Contrarian, even though they did no active campaigning, due to their notabilities, that Jenny and Bishop supporter who worked their way up to notability 15 had that effort mostly or completely outweighed by your alts, which is a lot less work and expense.[i]

Hence why i think best practices is to set your alts to opposing factions if possible or make truces with others to make them a net ~0.
[/i]
edited by Grenem on 7/10/2016