How to "Travel" to different areas

Hi, I’m just getting started with Story Nexus and playing around with it a little.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to allow players to travel around freely? (Sort of like how Fallen London lets you go to different areas)? I’m not really aiming at creating a linear story but more of a exploring kind of feel.
Like I said I’m still playing around and finding stuff out, pretty interesting so far :D

Well, there’s no map functionality in StoryNexus, so what you have to do is to create a &quottravel&quot storylet. Once you’ve created your different areas in the main world editor, it’s a simple matter of using the &quotMove character to area&quot option on the results of a branch within that storylet (Fallen London does this in addition to using the map for special areas).

Of course, because this is done through storylet branches, you can also add anything else that you normally would to a branch - apply an action or other cost, requirements, a test, apply other qualities, make it so that some areas are only accessible from other specific area, etc. So it’s pretty flexible!

[quote=Cheesy Crackers]Hi, I’m just getting started with Story Nexus and playing around with it a little.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to allow players to travel around freely? (Sort of like how Fallen London lets you go to different areas)? I’m not really aiming at creating a linear story but more of a exploring kind of feel.
Like I said I’m still playing around and finding stuff out, pretty interesting so far :D[/quote]