How to increase Connected: Bohemians to 50?

I would like to invite the Wise and Wicked to my new Salon, but that requires 50 levels of Bohemian. I didn’t realise that I had grown so out-of-touch with my old friends, but I’ve only got Connected: Bohemians 40.

Can anyone recommend ways of increasing it?

The best way is in the Shuttered Palace. You can publish poetry in praise of the Duchess and earn 22 CP per action.

Thank you, this is working well. The extra Connected: Duchess is nice, too.

You may yet end up regretting that. (I still have no idea how to spend 276 of Duchess connection.)
But, as far as grinding Bohemian goes (without Menace gain), that is the best action I know of.

[quote=Kittenpox]
You may yet end up regretting that. (I still have no idea how to spend 276 of Duchess connection.)[/quote]

The Duchess doesn’t badger anyone, so I doubt that.

You can spend Duchess connection when on a Heist, when meeting fluffy cats. Drops a whole level or so, and the alternative is a truckload of Appalling Secrets.

Thank you for this! I’ve been trying to find ways to increase Connected Bohemian in a more reliable way without waiting for cards related to Bohemian. It’s nice that you can also raise Connected Duchess as well.

I like raising it via &quotReaping the academic benefits&quot ->
&quotA public lecture&quot (Forgotten Quarter). Raises 15 CP of Society, Bohemian and Revolutionaries. Also, it raises 1 CP of suspicion.
But one can cash the Revolutionaries with the card: &quotCall in favours among the Revolutionaries&quot which appears at The Flit, giving quite the nice profit.
Not the quickest way to raise Boh. but a nice alternative.

Watch out for that
suspicion though. (I lose that when the Airs of London is 0-25 and choose Opportunism in Spite -> Confound the Constables).
edited by Gonen on 4/17/2017

You may yet end up regretting that. (I still have no idea how to spend 276 of Duchess connection.)
But, as far as grinding Bohemian goes (without Menace gain), that is the best action I know of.[/quote]

Connected: Duchess is useful for doing Heists.

Duchess is also useful for getting your scandal down in the tomb colonies.

It’s also possible she’ll someday be converted to the favors system, in which case you’ll want lots of connected.
edited by Kaijyuu on 4/17/2017

[quote=Kaijyuu]Duchess is also useful for getting your scandal down in the tomb colonies.

It’s also possible she’ll someday be converted to the favors system, in which case you’ll want lots of connected.
edited by Kaijyuu on 4/17/2017[/quote]

If one grinds Connected: Bohemians at the Shuttered Palace as we’ve been discussing, one gets a lot of Connected: the Duchess. My Connected: Duchess really increased since Making Waves was invented because Connected: Bohemians is important to one method for increasing it. My third highest &quotConnected&quot amount is Connected: Duchess (right after Constables and Church, which have obscene amounts because of how often I do the Shepherd of Souls card).

It appears this just changed. Not sure if I caught things in the middle, but I don’t know how to raise it reliably so my Salon can keep attracting its interesting guestes…[li]

We are slap-bang in the middle of the Bohemians converting from Connected to Favours and Renown. I’d hold off for a bit as everything is up in the air right now.