How to become suspicious

For reasons entirely my own, I want to go to prison. I find, though, that becoming suspicious enough to raise a few constables’ eyebrows in this city is far more work than one would’ve thought. So, if there is a way to become VERY suspicious VERY fast, I would like to know. Thank you. Delicious friends.

Becoming suspicious VERY fast is problematic for obvious reasons(it’s a menace) but you can get it up reliably by eating spore-toffeee at the carnival, vouching for other suspicious citizens of fallen london and naturally by failing shadowy challenges. name-seekers can get to new newgate real fast but only on the relatively high level~

It’s not THAT obvious as some of the other menaces (especially Scandal & Nightmares) can be raised quite easily if one wants to… ;)

I did this recently; I’m in New Newgate now, in fact.

If your Shadowy is high enough, failing challenges will increase Suspicion.

You could help provide alibis for your friends to decrease their Suspicion. (This probably isn’t very fast, but I figured I’d help my friends since I was collecting Suspicion anyway.)

There are also several items that increase your Suspicion, like the prison mask.

I honestly can’t think of a faster way than social actions to increase suspicion quickly and I’m sure there are no shortage of folks who are in need of an alibi.
My favorite way is to taunt the detective, but that method is slow in it’s coming.

Also while mr sacks is in town go ahead and try to steal his sack-a variety of menaces will be upon you sooner than you can say “candlejack”
edited by Dmitri Zhiriakov on 1/3/2012

I have found that failing at tasks in Spite and the Flit do quite the job.

~MF
A Lady in pursuit of a forger

[quote=Dmitri Zhiriakov]Also while mr sacks is in town go ahead and try to steal his sack-a variety of menaces will be upon you sooner than you can say “candlejack”
edited by Dmitri Zhiriakov on 1/3/2012[/quote]
A very good idea indeed, how could I forget about that?
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I went to prison and did what I wanted to do there.

P.S. I like the new “even more daring escape” method for leaving New Newgate very much!

If you should ever require more suspicion, I must beseech you to take some of mine. I have the problem completely opposite: it all grows for me much too quickly. But I simply can not help myself. There’s always mischief to make.

Well, Gus, I’ve got rid of it all after leaving New Newgate and I find Suspicion the easiest menace to manage. No problem with providing a few alibis… I’ve sent you a Facebook invite.

Marvelous, delicious comrade. My most esteemed gratitude is yours!

It depends what level you’re at/where you have access to. High end, in Court use “The people’s art” to make money out of becoming suspicious; if you’ve been kicked out of Court, then head out to Zee and engage in piracy. With lower stats, rely on failed Shadowy challenges.