How Neathy is Your Life?

Understanding 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + … = -1/12 requires a Parabolan Base Camp.

Bah, you’ve been taking tea with that Jovial Contrarian haven’t you?

Of course. As the Glum Misanthropologist, I rise to the bait every time.

As a student lazily declares an foul untruth, you realize that an argument is about to start. Quickly! At that precise moment, you highlight his hypocrisy, rendering him a laughingstock. Success! Unfortunately, all this laughter is attracting attention.
Persuasive is increasing…
Your Ego hasn’t changed, as it’s higher than 9000.
Suspicion has increased to 4!

Well shoots, I’m now going to become a zailor who’s job is to make sure to keep an eye on the Element of Dawn that drives a warship. But the details must be kept secret, for Khanate spies lurk everywhere…

I don’t know if you need Scholar of the Correspondence to learn physics or trig, but I remember wanting to set some things on fire, so…

IT WASN’T CHOCOLATE CHIP, IT WAS RAISIN
*Nightmares are increasing…
*You have gained a new quality: “MISTRUST EVERYTHING”!

You’ve been tasked with babysitting your sister’s bunny while she cleans the cage. You knock over a stack of books and turn your back for five seconds to pick them up. When you turn around, you see that you’ve left the door open and the bunny is hopping down the hallway. You have to go catch him now.

*You failed a Watchful challenge.
*You’ve gained a new quality: “Clumsy”
*You’ve lost 1X “Very Mischievous Bunny”

You stand before the University’s stone pillars. As you look above - there, upon the loftiest building - you sight a set of three figures, aligned in perfect symmetry. They are birds; not ravens, for their colour is greyish rather than immaculate white. But there is indeed a crow-like aspect to their somber presence. They caw softly, in a tone quite far from a songbird’s whistle. The sound echoes in your head throughout the lecture you attend - as does the smeared image of the slender-legged birds. That night, your sleep is tinged with unease.

Nightmares has increased to 5 - Haunted!

Unaccountably Peckish has decreased to 3!
Self-Esteem is decreasing…

The house is quiet, everyone is asleep and the supper has long gone cold. Again. Somehow, the dream of eventually making partner at Baseborn and Fowlingpiece fails to console you.

• Melancholy is increasing…[/li][li]You no longer have any of this: A Free Evening.[/li][li]You’ve gained 1 x Interest of Payment.[/li][li]Nothing has changed. But perhaps one day it will.

edited by Passionario on 6/22/2016

[ul][li]Today I went to the beach but forgot to bring my sunblock. Got niiiice and crispy 'cuz of that.[/li][/ul]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&quot…finally, as the merciless gaze of the Judgment fell upon your mortal shell, its burning stare, in an moment of ephemerality, seared right through you - burning the flesh, igniting the soul, marking you as one of the seen…&quot

Wounds has increased to 7 - Agony and Desperation!
Nightmares is increasing…
Scandal has increased to 4 - [i]Shocking!

[/i]A twist of your tale! You are now Marked!
An Achievment! You are now Judged!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ul][li]Oh and on my way home I remembered the weird nightmare that I had the previous night AND I recalled that I hadn’t payed my internet for this month.[/li][/ul]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]&quot…The wallet, the face, they scream, they burn, they melt You suddenly shudder, feeling as though your connection to the world, to reality, to life itself has just ever so slightly unraveled.You feel that the night to come, will not be a kind one.&quot

[/i]
Nightmares has increased to 5 - Haunted!

And I’ll stop now. This is way too fun… :D

edited by Sir Goomy on 7/15/2016

I like the style you wrote that in, Sir Gloomy.

I’m hormonal right now and suffering from some nasty cravings that sent me to the grocery. I wanted to devour the meat counter, but forced myself to settle on an overpriced sashimi platter.

• You’ve lost 15 x USD.[/li][li]You’ve lost 1 x Unaccountably Peckish [/li][li]Nightmares is decreasing…

&quotYou fall asleep with the small white cat purring in your ear. You dream of crashing waves, spires of crystal and cloud, a hushed voice speaking secrets into your very soul, and a pair of bright blue eyes tracking your every move. When you awaken, the cat is gone, but her presence has not yet faded…&quot

Nightmares is increasing!
You gained +100 Whispered Secrets!
Watchful is increasing!

you rapidly press the keys in front of you as if possessed. the bl__dy code relents against you, freezing and aborting, but you add more lines to secure that the data is passed correctly. progress! the program appears on the screen, the invisible hands that held it before finally letting go!
now if you could only fix that d__m bug in the exit…

you gained +5 lines of code (new total 1866)
you lost 5 bugs (new total 11- roughly working)
hours before the deadline is now 2- debugging and prayers!

You spend your night trying to decipher a rather tricky map in an event called the Hunt of the Cipher. At some point in the night, you manage to doze off. Your mind full of ideas and a journal marked with a 3. Upon waking you see a singular note on your desk of your night’s work. It reads only two words: Pine Trees.

Nightmares is increasing!
You gained +2 Cryptic Clues!

You have found a new podcast to listen to while doing chores around the house, “The Black Tapes” podcast. However, marathoning them while suffering my head cold my not have been the best idea. You no longer trust the dark and the cold medicine is only making it worst.

You gain: 1 Tale of Terror

Your nightmares have increased. . .

&quotYou are thinking into the literature, and the literature is an ocean, and you are falling from the ocean into an endless sky of theses lit up with… Deadlines remember deadlines above below before the longest suffering procrastination then conceived! modified! submitted!..&quot (No, I haven’t submitted it yet. :( )

Nightmares is increasing…(+77 CP)

EDIT: (Not by me. The original piece is from Bag a Legend. Here is just a distorted quote. )
edited by Fadewalker on 8/1/2016

&quotYour trip to a festival of poetry and hunting strange beasts comes to a head upon your landing on Governor’s Island. There though, not only do you find more of the words lyrical and beasts fantastic, but a word. A place. A command. It echoes in your mind, and lower still. Upon the island you learn that no sustenance bring you relief. When you return to your lodgings two days and much travel later, the word lingers in your mind. A candles flickers in your dreams.&quot
You’ve gained Unaccountably Peckish x 1
You’ve gained Seeking Mr. Eaten’s Name x 1 (New Total: 4)
Nightmares is rising… (+5 CP)

I mean, this damnable quest does haunt my thoughts at odd times, and for some reason nothing sated my hunger that day on the island, so this is actually all legit.
edited by Cthonius on 8/4/2016

You walk down the street, feeling hungry. The signs are strange,&quotconsume&quot says one, cheerfully plastered above a cafe. &quotEat&quotbegs another, sticking out of a wall between stores. You duck into a shop, ignoring the craving in your stomach. The shop sells plants, made of twisted metal.
edited by suinicide on 8/4/2016

Another comes to you, seeking help. It is one’s duty to help another. And there are others doing so. There is another duty, too. To listen. Oh, how they lead the unknowing. You have never thought of that! Clever, these people, but one cannot avoid the Hook and the Bait of this search. &quotYou’re overthinking this.&quot You will avoid such a mistake. You will be better…

Speaking-Without-Words in the Correspondent’s Lounge is increasing…
You’ve gained x2 Pathways to The Answer (New total 6 - Brains Blazing)
Watchful is increasing…