How Neathy is Your Life?

Today, i observed a grey striped cat, crouching over a large pile of mail, spilled from my building’s common mailbox. Its eyes were scanning the pile intently, between occasional glances up, to watch for anyone approaching. When i turned the stairwell’s light on, hoping to take a photograph - it made its escape immediately.

• Connected: The Duchess is dropping…
  • You now have 12 of this: Stolen Correspondence
    MLIQN

{To clarify, i propose this thread as a place to post your real-life experiences that have a marked air of the Neath about them. The principle is borrowed from websites such as &quotMy life is Magical&quot, which turns the same trick for the Harry Potter fandom; sites whose prosaic origins lie with the notorious FML site. Ideally, this should follow a similar format, plus an optional inclusion of quality changes. Suggested seals are &quotMLIN&quot, for My Life Is Neathy, &quotMLIQNI&quot, &quotMLIRN&quot (the additional letters standing for Quite, Rather and Indeed, respectively) and so forth. Or, if you are a Bohemian - perhaps &quotLFTDLOMIFNF!&quot}

Whilst attempting to complete a test, you slightly turn your head and quietly ask your friend and classmate for an answer to one of the questions. A round of pointing with pens and pencils conveys bits of useful info.

You’ve lost 1 x Favours: Classmates
Investigating… is increasing…

MLIN.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/23/2016

You write furiously pages and pages of content. You are feeling inspired.

You have 5 comic pages
The potential of your work is 10.

The art is terrible. And is this really a joke? I mean, actually? Erase this! Erase this all!

You’ve lost 4 comic pages
The potential of your work is now 15.

[Repeat endlessly]

MLIN

I actually work in one of the locations featured in the game.

The Foreign Office?

Polythreme?

The Iron Republic?

My life isn’t especially Neathy. Though I do live about 20 miles from Kennett Square, PA, which is known as the Mushroom Capital of the World and produces about 1 million pounds of mushrooms per week. Kennett Square, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia Needless to say, nice fresh mushrooms are easy to come by around here…

Although the university you attend has always been liberal, it has not and will never be quite THAT liberal. Your classmates gathered around the lunch table artfully change the subject, hoping to sweep what you said under the rug. Now they must think you’re a fool.

• Persuasive 67 challenge failed!
  • Scandal is increasing…
  • Nightmares is increasing…
  • Connected: Benthic is dropping…

The symbols swim before your eyes, making you sleepier. Your mind begins to unravel as you struggle to understand these strange letters. Your head slowly sinks towards the desk…

When you wake it is midday. Your coffee is cold. Da*m it! You’ll never get the hang of algebra.
*Watchful 150 challenge failed!
*Nightmares have increased to 8…

Well I do work at a tropical naval base and also attend a university that’s known for having many Chinese Communist spies. As dramatic as that sounds, the enemy I have to face on a daily basis is the terrible college meter maid.

[quote=The Angry Pirate]The symbols swim before your eyes, making you sleepier. Your mind begins to unravel as you struggle to understand these strange letters. Your head slowly sinks towards the desk…

When you wake it is midday. Your coffee is cold. Da*m it! You’ll never get the hang of algebra.
*Nightmares have increased to 8…[/quote]

You have a very high self-esteem indeed! I think Algebra’s something more suited for the Extraordinary Minds in the neighborhood of 300 Watchful myself.

[quote=The Angry Pirate]The symbols swim before your eyes, making you sleepier. Your mind begins to unravel as you struggle to understand these strange letters. Your head slowly sinks towards the desk…

*Nightmares have increased to 8…[/quote]

I can sympathize!

Trigonometry.

[quote=Morkan Kassington]

You have a very high self-esteem indeed! I think Algebra’s something more suited for the Extraordinary Minds in the neighborhood of 300 Watchful myself.[/quote]

Goodness, then what is the minimum for physics?

I dreamt once about London going down into the Lacre-vats, but as they were British, in addition to all that blood, there was also…a queue. With helpful little signs. :|[li]

The Unscrupulous Snuffer ended his campaign today, all but seating the Populist Crassus as Party Leader. Every U.S. election reminds me of a surreal underworld driven by greed.

[quote=Glass Doll][quote=Morkan Kassington]

You have a very high self-esteem indeed! I think Algebra’s something more suited for the Extraordinary Minds in the neighborhood of 300 Watchful myself.[/quote]

Goodness, then what is the minimum for physics?[/quote]

Scholar of the Correspondence 6, required to learn the glyphs ∑, Ω, and µ

(@fortluna I nearly spit out my beer laughing at that one)

Ah, that explains the constant nightmares and bouts of incoherent ravings. I’m sure this will worsen once I reach Physics 2 this next semester.

[quote=Glass Doll][quote=TheThirdPolice]

Scholar of the Correspondence 6, required to learn the glyphs ∑, Ω, and µ
[/quote]

Ah, that explains the constant nightmares and bouts of incoherent ravings. I’m sure this will worsen once I reach Physics 2 this next semester.[/quote]

Pffft, please. I needed 7 levels of physics to get my major in Chemistry. You don’t know what nightmares and ravings are until you then. (I estimate Nightmares 100 by the end of the course, I’m still getting rid of all that. And that bit of Scandal that always cling when you are always smelling of weird chemicals.).

Actually, now that I think about that, my major was in fungus species that can absorb heavy metals. I suppose they are the answer to the sewer trouble in London.