How do I raise my bizarre?

Out of the new elements added, Bizarre is what I would love to raise. How do I raise it?

You can raise your score with equipment, but you can’t raise the base score yet.

Judging by the description of the quality, I’d wager that you will NEVER be able to raise it directly, as it concerns your possessions.

I’m aware of:
Connected Pet/Overgoat/Bifurcated Owl
Rubbery Companion
Zubmarine
Clay Sedan Chair
Bejewelled Cane
There may be others, but really, there are less Bizarre items than any other, while there are more Respectable items than any other. Give it time though. More will come.
Personally, I’d like more Dreaded. The most that I can get with my choices is 6, which is less than the Respectable that I casually walk around in, and far less than the maximum Respectable that I can wear.

The why, praytell, do they have a base score listed at all? I doubt it’s just a quirk of the formatting.

If you want, you can check the wiki - I made a page to summarize information about this quality.
http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/bizarre
There are also pages for Respectable and Dreaded…

So… Do you suppose they’ll at least make Opportunity cards to raise them at all?

In fact, although the description of this new quality itself does say quite the opposite, someone posted in the wiki a result where failing a bizarre challenge with his Peering Macaw raised Bizarre:

http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/item-dependent-cards

(it’s nearly at the bottom)
Bizarre, bizarre (dit-il en regardant son couteau)

The FailBetter staff have mentioned elsewhere in the forums that that was a glitch that they are trying to remove, and that everyone’s Bizzare, Dreadful, and Respectable stats will be reset to 0.

I thought so. But this is not responding to the Great Question, that is “Why in earth has the Ridiculous Hat not a single bonus point in Bizarre?”

And the response, as everyone knows, is 42, of course.

[quote=travellersside]I’m aware of:
Connected Pet/Overgoat/Bifurcated Owl
Rubbery Companion
Zubmarine
Clay Sedan Chair
Bejewelled Cane
There may be others, but really, there are less Bizarre items than any other, while there are more Respectable items than any other. Give it time though. More will come.
Personally, I’d like more Dreaded. The most that I can get with my choices is 6, which is less than the Respectable that I casually walk around in, and far less than the maximum Respectable that I can wear.[/quote]

I hadn’t noticed that little addition to the Bejewelled Cane. I’m happy to see that thing is now in some way worth the hassle I put forth to get it - by the time I got the venom rubies, I already had an irresistible drum.

So… No venture related choices for the newest three yet?

A while ago (i.e., maybe 5 weeks), I ran across an Opportunity card that gave me Respectable at 1. However, a few days later, I noticed that my Respectable had been reset to 0. I haven’t seen any similar cards since, though I wonder if that’s something being planned for the intermediate-term future.

I believe the only use of them we’ve seen so far is an option on the Connected Pet card, which tests the quality in return for 1.50 Echoes of goods. If you can get the quality high enough to make the test straightforward, that makes the yield along the lines of the expanded inventory cards. (Respectable 6 is modest for the Tortoise’s card, I believe) But Failbetter has hinted in another thread on these that we’ll see more of them.