How did you misplace your soul? (Minor spoilers)

If you’ve ever found yourself among the Neath’s glassy-eyed eleven percent, I’d like to hear how it happened. (I have a reason for asking, but I think stating it might skew the results.)

Edit: the poll only lets you choose once. If you’ve lost it several times and not always in the same manner, please post instead of casting a vote.
edited by Flyte on 11/2/2013

Which time? I’ve had the wretched thing out nine times, in all.

Every time! I’m guessing seven times to gluttony; how else?
edited by Flyte on 11/2/2013

First, when I was young, there was a particularly charming deviless who pried it out with sweet words. Eventually, I won it back, only to do unspeakable things to it. It was wrenched from my body seven times, each more painful than the last, until it was stained black as pitch. It thought that would be the end of it, as any other devil who might have bought it fled once they saw the charred, twisted thing it had become. This Hallow’s Eve, though, there was an opportunity I could not pass up; I exchanged my soul for a certain rare item that was key to my plans.

…Regrettably, it seems they are rather displeased with what they received. Caveat Emptor, devils.

So we have love (for it was love, then, even though I was well compensated in gems to make my start in London), sevenfold gluttony, and the lust for knowledge.

Greed? Well, if you want to call it that. But isn’t ‘greed for knowledge’ called ‘curiosity’? That’s mostly why I let it happen. And with the generous gifts from the Capering Relicker I’m not even sure I want it back.

Lust; Hubris was intrigued by the Quiet Deviless, and she temporarily got the upper hand of him. He found his soul again, and their dance continues.

Greed, perhaps - though Wrath would serve my motivations better. Willingly exchanged for a vial of Cantigaster venom, safe and sure in the knowledge that once everyone who stands between myself and immortality lies properly dead, I can go and wrest the thing back.

[quote=Alexander Feld]First, when I was young, there was a particularly charming deviless who pried it out with sweet words. Eventually, I won it back, only to do unspeakable things to it. It was wrenched from my body seven times, each more painful than the last, until it was stained black as pitch. It thought that would be the end of it, as any other devil who might have bought it fled once they saw the charred, twisted thing it had become. This Hallow’s Eve, though, there was an opportunity I could not pass up; I exchanged my soul for a certain rare item that was key to my plans.

…Regrettably, it seems they are rather displeased with what they received. Caveat Emptor, devils.

So we have love (for it was love, then, even though I was well compensated in gems to make my start in London), sevenfold gluttony, and the lust for knowledge.[/quote]

I have a sinking feeling we’ll someday see something like this:

[quote=]The Candle of St. Cipriano awaits, head to the Forgotten Quarter to continue your quest for the Name.
P.S. The Tiger Keeper never forgets.[/quote]

[quote=Alexander Feld]First, when I was young, there was a particularly charming deviless who pried it out with sweet words. Eventually, I won it back, only to do unspeakable things to it. It was wrenched from my body seven times, each more painful than the last, until it was stained black as pitch. It thought that would be the end of it, as any other devil who might have bought it fled once they saw the charred, twisted thing it had become. This Hallow’s Eve, though, there was an opportunity I could not pass up; I exchanged my soul for a certain rare item that was key to my plans.

So we have love (for it was love, then, even though I was well compensated in gems to make my start in London), sevenfold gluttony, and the lust for knowledge.[/quote]

[li]
Your soul and mine have had similar paths, though most recently I recovered it myself rather than having the devils force it back in. There are benefits to being a spirifer.

Alas, I fear that I shall have to rely upon the charity of the Shepherds to retrieve my soul. It is beyond my means to snatch it from the infernal grip of those who guard it now, even as they revile it so.
[/li]

The first time, I was unlucky. The next seven times, I was foolish. The last time, everything went according to plan.

Numerously lost on occasions when I sought.
edited by Triblademaster on 11/6/2013