How did you come across Fallen London?

Dragon Age Inquisition. I heard about The Last Court from there, enjoyed it enough to try Fallen London. Tried that for a while but forgot about it and then eventually heard about Sunless Sea which has sucked me in a whole lot more successfully than I was expecting tbh.

It is interesting to see how so many different sources directed us to the game, and how some of them occurred more frequently than others.

Last week I read a review about Sunless Sea. The scenario sounded really great. It has been noted, however, that a certain amount of background knowledge is necessary in order to enjoy the game. So I decided to join Fallen London first before I think about buying Sunless Sea. And what should I say, for me as an old H. P. Lovecraft fan Fallen London is a feast.

Brian Fargo, of Wasteland 2 fame, tweeted that he was supporting the Sunless Sea kickstarter. So I investigated, supported, and then decided to give this free-to-play game they mentioned a try as well…

Like many others recently, Sunless Sea brought me here. The writing and setting intrigued me. I wished to know more. So here I am.

Extra Credits brought me here, yeah.

Kim Richards’ recent Youtube video about Sunless Sea, a Youtube comment, the wiki page, the fact I’d voted for Sunless Sea a while back and then bought it when it came out (but never did actually play it). Variety of factors. I think my coming to this came took something like a year and a half.

I, too, was looking into Sunless Sea and then came across references to FL. I didn’t know what a browser game was, and had never suspected that something like an interactive novel existed. Very happy with the discovery.

I followed a link in a Tweet from a friend of mine (who no longer plays herself, darn it!).

I used to kinda like browser games, and was regularly looking for others to try, when I found The Night Circus. I loved the atmosphere, but I found out pretty soon that I would not get far without inviting people, and I didn’t like that. So I stopped playing that, but since I had loved many aspects of it, I decided to check out what else Failbetter had made…

Now I love browser games. Well, one of them.
edited by Loon on 2/23/2015

Hm, I do believe I saw an article on Rock Paper Shotgun. 2009? Or maybe it was The Escapist. Played for a few months, and completely forgot about it.
Stumbled upon an article on RPS again, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/03/word-games-failbetters-black-crown/, played Black Crown for a bit and returned to Fallen London.

I was brought here by Felicia Day, who recommended the game on her YouTube-channel, back in 2012: Felicia Day goes Neo-Victorian in a Steampunk Photoshoot - The Flog Ep 6 - YouTube

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Johnny~Felix

I was brought to Fallen London by Dragon Age. I tried the last court and I loved it so I decided to look up Failbetter Games and I found something called Fallen London and decided to try it and have since become addicted to it.

Kind of the usual way - a friend who happened to mention it on Facebook.

My boyfriend would constantly check his phone to play this game and it drove me crazy. He told me I would love Fallen London but I didn’t listen. One day I was bored and asked to check out his game. I made an account five minutes later.

I did pretty much the same thing as Silas above me, saw Yogscast Kim’s video on Sunless Sea, read someone’s comment about the existence of Fallen London and came over to have a look. For once, something good came from Youtube comments.

Someone I (still) follow on tumblr started posting about it ~2 years ago!
edited by beauchene on 3/6/2015

[quote=Johnny Felix]I was brought here by Felicia Day, who recommended the game on her YouTube-channel, back in 2012: Felicia Day goes Neo-Victorian in a Steampunk Photoshoot - The Flog Ep 6 - YouTube

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Johnny~Felix[/quote]

Same here.
edited by Felix Merivel on 3/6/2015

About a year ago, I was browsing TV Tropes when I saw FL listed under a page–I forget which. (The Topsy King was being used as an example.) The title looked intriguing, so I clicked the link and got slam dunked face first into a pile of lore. Signed up a day later and haven’t looked back since.

Sunless Sea sounded interesting, so I purchased it and in so doing became aware of Fallen London. I’d played browser games before and found them incredibly pointless. So I was dubious. This one, though, is different. Great stuff.