Horsehead Amulet Changes

A few minutes ago I noticed that the Horsehead Amulet apparently works much differently than it did before. It is now located in the Curiosity section of the Inventory and this has been added to the old description:[quote][The amulet’s use has changed; it no longer needs to be equipped, but will save you, once, when you die in the Fifth City.][/quote]It still seems to retain its &quot-2 Wounds&quot property, though. I can’t test it right now, but this seems like a good thing to make known.[li]

Huh. I don’t see it for sale in the Bazaar anymore, either.

You can’t buy it at the Bazaar any more, either. Welp.

e:beaten to the punch by seven seconds, rip

this is going to make winking isle a lot more fun that’s for sure
edited by Spacemarine9 on 12/6/2013

Oh no - all those amulets I sold when we had the old random reward system!

I am so glad that I never sell anything if at all possible. I suppose I can count it as frequent die-er miles from all those Scars…
Also, I’m not sure if the -2 wounds will have any practical effect; the Starveling Cat has a -1 to persuasive, after all, but it doesn’t ever do anything.

I don’t think the Wounds quality does anything, my wounds are unchanged. Presumably, if we could find a way to equip it again, it would take effect.

So it sounds like it will shatter and prevent a boat ride? That’s… rather useless, I’d say. At least it will only happen once, and then I can return to my usual nightmares > laudanum half of them away > boat ride > finish off the rest of the nightmares cycle.

And now it is useless to my main account who I shall (hopefully) never let die. On the other hand, this makes way more sense than it reducing Wounds directly.

Edit: Though if it shatters to prevent the boat ride altogether it’d still be kinda useful.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/6/2013

I must say though, if they become difficult to get (or god-forbid, removed due to inability to get more), this will play havoc with anyone who wishes to play through the Temple Club’s storyline.

You can still sell them at the Bazaar, but now they go for 2 echoes, when formerly you could buy them for 1.6 echoes and sell for 16 pence.

NOw I want to know how to get them. My character hasn’t “died” yet and I’d prefer to keep it that way.

I don’t know how it works now, and I’m not in a position to find out, but I’d much prefer to be given the choice of whether to use one or not. Sometimes you want to go to the river, but don’t want to have to burn through your entire stock of amulets. It’s like Second Chances all over again…

If I had to guess then I’d assume they now work like Iron Knife Tokens, except more effective. If I become a Correspondent (my current venture) then I’ll chug some laudanum and pay a visit to that mirror in the Carnival to see what happens.

[quote=Dr. Hieronymous Alloy]NOw I want to know how to get them.[/quote]According to the wiki the only other fixed source involves the Once-Dashing Smuggler and the option that requires an Admirer of Art. Even then it only provides one.
[li]

I keep checking Nikolas Pawnbrokers just in case they become available to buy, at least that is where you get the other menace reducing items.[li]

Edit - wrong shop!
edited by reveurciel on 12/6/2013

Hmm. Can’t say I like this, but I suppose the old way didn’t really make much sense.

I liked it, although more because of the sheer irony than the practicality.

Anyways, having just obtained my new inkpot, I shall begin chugging laudanum in preparation for my journey.

I just died by looking into Heart’s Mirror, and nothing abnormal has happened. I’m on the boat with no actions and no cards, and the Amulet is unusable. Lovely.

One nice new thing I noticed, though, is that when you’re in a situation where you can’t use items in your inventory (like being dead, for example), the green border changes to red. So I guess this trip hasn’t been entirely worthless?[li]

EDIT: Kind of on that note, does anybody know of an item that increases wounds (like now the Modish Bonnet increases Scandal ot the Sporing Bonnet increases Nightmares)? I need to catch up on my chess.
edited by OPG on 12/6/2013

[quote=OPG]I just died by looking into Heart’s Mirror, and nothing abnormal has happened. I’m on the boat with no actions and no cards, and the Amulet is unusable. Lovely.

One nice new thing I noticed, though, is that when you’re in a situation where you can’t use items in your inventory (like being dead, for example), the green border changes to red. So I guess this trip hasn’t been entirely worthless?

EDIT: Kind of on that note, does anybody know of an item that increases wounds (like now the Modish Bonnet increases Scandal ot the Sporing Bonnet increases Nightmares)? I need to catch up on my chess.
edited by OPG on 12/6/2013[/quote][li]

I don’t think the Mirrors are the best way to test stuff like that, they tend to be less of a &quotYou have died/gone crazy&quot and more of a &quotDirect Transit Line To Menace Location&quot type thing.[/li][li]
edited by Allanon Kisigar on 12/6/2013

There is no item that increases wounds; people have been suggesting that FB add one for a long time.

Since the Mirror provided nothing, it’s time to go wrestle tigers with a Talkative Rattus Faber in tow.