His Amused Lordship?

I have been kicked out of the University, but in order to embark on a scientific expedition, I need to have a [color=#333333]Cultivating An Acquaintance With His Amused Lordship of 3. The problem is, my persuasive is, well, dismal at best. Is there any way to begin this without having to grind for stats?[/color]

Nope. You’re going to find that you’ll actually need all the stats, so the best thing to do is to just grind up your off-stats as soon as you can, because you’ll find that there are more and more things that you can’t do.

Did you actually manage to get kicked out of the University before becoming A Person of Some Importance? That’s astonishing to me. I am A Person of Some Importance, and I’m still trying to get kicked out of the University.

Though I confess I am not trying too hard and am instead trying to resolve several storylets that cropped up fairly immediately after becoming A Person of Some Importance.

[quote=Abraham Bounty]Did you actually manage to get kicked out of the University before becoming A Person of Some Importance? That’s astonishing to me. I am A Person of Some Importance, and I’m still trying to get kicked out of the University.
[/quote]

The last check in PoSI before getting access to the Sidestreets is to more or less have finished the main line in one of the four highway qualities. (as existed at the time PoSI was released, I assume) The Watchful choice requires Tales of the University 25, which is the point at which you must make the decision. Since I’m a little bit of a pragmatist, I got to that point, finished PoSI, then did one round of Memories of Distant Shores->Collated Research conversion off Unfinished Business before burning my bridges.

(It is a bit later in Watchful/Persuasive than in Dangerous/Shadowy. The Dangerous and Shadowy choices can be done before you get access to the level 97 content in the respective stat, and the Watchful and Persuasive choices require completing that content.)