High level stories

Hi folks!

I have been playing Fallen London consistently for about 6 months now, and I seem to have run out of main stories to pursue! I’ve found a certain forgettable cave, I’ve traveled across the Unterzee, I’ve pursued the Vake, and I’ve been thrown out of the Palace and the University. Where should I look for more stories?

I have tried going for gossip, but the only things there anymore are Fate-locked. Any thoughts on what I should do next? My Notability is only 1 at the moment, but I don’t know how I feel about trying to grind it.

[quote=Johannson]Hi folks!

I have been playing Fallen London consistently for about 6 months now, and I seem to have run out of main stories to pursue! I’ve found a certain forgettable cave, I’ve traveled across the Unterzee, I’ve pursued the Vake, and I’ve been thrown out of the Palace and the University. Where should I look for more stories?

I have tried going for gossip, but the only things there anymore are Fate-locked. Any thoughts on what I should do next? My Notability is only 1 at the moment, but I don’t know how I feel about trying to grind it.[/quote]
Making a newspaper is entertaining, if you haven’t already. getting to the mind of a long dead god is a bit of a grind, but it’s an interesting and otherwise unavailible- it requires high &quotwhat the thunder said&quot and &quotstormy-eyed&quot, the latter of which you will probably need to grind at mutton island. once that’s done, i can’t think of much if you’ve unlocked port carnelian and remembered to do all the islands.

Do you have all four Making Your Name qualities at 7? Done the Foreign Office and Port Carnelian? Gone on a Scientific Expedition and visited Hunter’s Keep, Mutton Island, and the Iron Republic? Solved the Jack-of-Smiles case and in the process gotten the two unique equipables from Polythreme? Finished the Wars of Illusion, since I’m pretty sure that finishes past the Shadowy Making Your Name 7?

If you’re at Notablity 1, you haven’t looked into the higher level professions. Have you also tried most of the Salon or Orphanage options? Boatman’s Opponent 40? Run up Renown?

Also, talking to other players is the best end-game content of all. Endlessly fun. And, those stories, player-told, need never run out of content.

Another similar thread which offers some extra high-end objectives:
I think I’ve run out of content.

That thread’s a bit more late-game focused, but could be useful.

You could also try to get good gear for each slot, or go for rare items and qualities like Vial of Master’s Blood or a Noman tattoo.