Hespiderean Cider?

Okay, so I was recently given a sip of Hesperderian Cider, and I noticed It gave me a effect in the message.

I also heard it is extremely rare, and only two people have some.

I’d like to know, if anyone knows, everything about the Cider: What it does in all aspects including the effects, how valuable it is, and (If possible) how to get one, though I don’t think it is since I hear it only goes to those who go above and beyond the call of duty.If that is the case, please forget about the last question since I would not want to demean their accomplishments. (:
edited by Kylestien on 10/13/2014

Most of the effects can be found on the wiki: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Hesperidean_Cider

[quote=Kylestien]I also heard it is extremely rare, and only two people have some.[/quote]I know of four Hesperideans, aside from the ‘mysterious backer’ who got it from the Silver Tree Kickstarter, and who allegedly doesn’t play any more. Here is a handy list of announcements for those who wish to keep track:

Alexander Feld
NiteBrite
nedemmons
Jenson Shepherd

Oh wow, nedemmons actually got it. I completely missed that.

[quote=Kylestien]I’d like to know, if anyone knows, everything about the Cider: What it does in all aspects including the effects, how valuable it is, and (If possible) how to get one…[/quote]Getting a cider is pretty straight forward: All you need to do is walk over to the Bazaar, step into Nikolas Pawnbrokers, hand over 160,000 echoes in cash, and the cider (and immortality!) is yours. Simple. :-)

You should be able to get it in somewhere around two years of constant farming. Quite straightforward really :P

[quote=Gillsing][quote=Kylestien]I also heard it is extremely rare, and only two people have some.[/quote]I know of four Hesperideans, aside from the ‘mysterious backer’ who got it from the Silver Tree Kickstarter, and who allegedly doesn’t play any more. Here is a handy list of announcements for those who wish to keep track:

Alexander Feld
NiteBrite
nedemmons
Jenson Shepherd[/quote]
For the sake of completing your list, the Silver Tree backer isn’t that mysterious. They were very kind to have given me and some others a sip long ago (warning spoilers) when they were the only Hesperidean, but I don’t think they actively play anymore.

[quote=NiteBrite][quote=Gillsing][quote=Kylestien]I also heard it is extremely rare, and only two people have some.[/quote]I know of four Hesperideans, aside from the ‘mysterious backer’ who got it from the Silver Tree Kickstarter, and who allegedly doesn’t play any more. Here is a handy list of announcements for those who wish to keep track:

Alexander Feld
NiteBrite
nedemmons
Jenson Shepherd[/quote]
For the sake of completing your list, the Silver Tree backer isn’t that mysterious. They were very kind to have given me and some others a sip long ago (warning spoilers) when they were the only Hesperidean, but I don’t think they actively play anymore.[/quote]

Maybe it’s time we ask Mr Overstreet to give us our own category on his illustrious list?

[quote=Jenson Shepherd]
Maybe it’s time we ask Mr Overstreet to give us our own category on his illustrious list?[/quote]

Good God, I think I’ve just discovered the true identity of London’s own Mr. Slowcakes.

So how does this Immortality work? Does it block Wounds menace from accumulating or does it stop the Slow boat thing from occurring?

Edit: Judging from madam Brite’s posts it seems more like each use reduces some or all Wounds. Does it completely eliminate Wounds at each use or only a fixed or random amount of CP? Is there a cooldown on use or can you just spam it infinitely. How many actions does each use cost? If you can still get on the Slow boat can you still use it while there?

Ultimately, does it make sense paying the exorbitant amount of € for, other than just to have it for completion’s sake?
edited by dharthoorn on 10/18/2014

From the hints on the wiki and the comments there, and in a topic…

It looks like the shared sips remove a point or two in exchange for the action each. It also makes possible cards, you’ll get one from a sip, that trades wound into nightmare (in most cases) so a one shot lauderdaum even when your POSI, no habbit to deal with.

Now the option you only get if you HAVE the cider sets wounds to 0 and gives quite a BIT of the intristic that lets you draw the cards. There’s a hint that there might be a touch more content, but impression is that content will need to get a bit closer to the cap before that happens.

Also looks like you can, once your at the boatman, reset wounds to 0 and just walk back from the boat with the cider. Though if that’s an option on the slowboat or just using the cider normally, I don’t know.

As for value, while it might not be of extraordinary worth in a games mechanic sense to own one, it works in both a RP and a social, as people will want to know a hespian and be on good enough terms to get the occasional sip.

Now that I’ve had a sip, I feel less bad about the possibility of death. My character has a bit of a melencoly fancy for the process, but does not want to write off the surface completely. A taste of eternity and that passes.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/18/2014

I would feel inadequate to keep such a list until I counted myself amongst the holders.
Give me a few more months.

[quote=Shadowhand][quote=Jenson Shepherd]
Maybe it’s time we ask Mr Overstreet to give us our own category on his illustrious list?[/quote]

Good God, I think I’ve just discovered the true identity of London’s own Mr. Slowcakes.[/quote]

Tell no one The Romantic Egotist walks amongst you!