Hesperidean Cider Charity Auction

[color=#009900]I suspect some of you may be interested in this:
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]http://con-or-bust.org/?p=1932
[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)](edit: fixed link)[/color][li]
edited by Alexis on 2/10/2014

And to drop out of my Neathy persona for the time being, I’m happy to answer questions about the auction.

Enabling people to attend conventions to enrich themselves, others and the SF literature is quite a noble goal.

Although I cannot financially participate in this venture, I hope that both the Con attendees and the Second Hesperidian would enjoy their respective rewards.

PS: Can you guys introduce a dinocorn pet here if the auction becomes successful? It looks like a good Bizarre and Dangerous pet.[li]
edited by Pyrodinium on 2/10/2014[/li][li]
edited by Pyrodinium on 2/10/2014

I really want to see how high the price is going to get: me, I bet between 600-700 dollars, and it could be low.
It is completely out of my price range, but it will be fun to observe.
And hey, charity is always a good and worthy goal, especially if helps fighting the racism ever present in our damn society.
So good luck, I won’t be racing but I’ll cheer from the sides.

[li]

Thank you for your kind comments, everyone. I have no idea how high the auction might get, but I’m grateful for how well it’s done already.

(Also, this was probably a typo by Pyrodinium, but it’s definitely con attendees in the plural!)

[quote=an_ocelot]Thank you for your kind comments, everyone. I have no idea how high the auction might get, but I’m grateful for how well it’s done already.

(Also, this was probably a typo by Pyrodinium, but it’s definitely con attendees in the plural!)[/quote]

I’ve slightly edited my post to reflect the plural. :D I hope that the cider can do its magic on a lot of Surface-dwelling attendees as well.
[li]

@ an_ocelot: I’m definitely interested in bidding on the Cider (I expect I’ll get outbid, but I have to try!). I am, however, slightly uncomfortable putting my contact info in a public document Is there another option or am I misreading how the auction works?

Quixoticcat, your email address is required but not published.

Ah, very good! Thank you :)

[quote=tyrrelduckard]I really want to see how high the price is going to get: me, I bet between 600-700 dollars, and it could be low.
It is completely out of my price range, but it will be fun to observe.
And hey, charity is always a good and worthy goal, especially if helps fighting the racism ever present in our damn society.
So good luck, I won’t be racing but I’ll cheer from the sides.

[li][/quote]
It’s already outside that range![/li][li]

Wow - applause and congratulations to the ocelot and to the bidders for their good works and potential cider-quaffing!

Okay, fess up, who just showed up as Mr Apples? :)

It wasn’t me, but I’m certainly amused by it. Now I’m half-tempted to drop a comment as the Capering Relicker.

Wow, that shot out of my price range real quick. I can’t even be sad about that though, because it just means more money for a worthy charity. Plus it shows how involved in the game people are. Really a win/win.

[li]
Wholeheartedly agreed! I’m a little sad that it’s out of my price range now, but delighted for Con or Bust!

Raeft: $400.
Nitebrite: $800.

Well then. Shouldn’t have any trouble getting to the Con, anyway.

Snowskeeper, the auction is for lots and lots of people to go to many cons, not just a single person!

[li]
Yeah, but if it’s escalating at that rate… =P

I am cheering for NiteBrite. IRC needs our own Hesperidean champion :)
Hope nobody outbids that at the last moment.

NiteBrite will probably dismiss the taste as inferior to that of Bottled Oblivion.