Hellfarers and a Brazen Fate...

I was poking around the Wiki trying to get more information about all the Hallowmas-stuff, when I noticed this. I’d largely been ignoring the ‘Visitor at Hallowmas’ card, since I already had a Destiny from the Fruits of the Zee Festival. But apparently, there are some… other options there, unlocked with Hellfarer 10 (which would require significant grinding to obtain), and something called ‘A Brazen Fate’, of which the Wiki will say nothing but that it is Fate-locked…

I honestly thought I’d already explored all the game’s fate-locked content (and the non-fate-locked stuff too)… so yeah, I’m intrigued. Could anyone fill me in on the basics? Where to go and what to do to get A Brazen Fate, and what those options are actually ABOUT… they don’t lead to otherwise-invisible Destiny-options, do they? >_>;

Those are related to the Fate-locked finale of the Labyrinth of Tigers. Two of the four possible endings to that story will grant you A Brazen Fate, at different levels, and lots of Hellfarer. You can’t reset the story if you’ve completed it.

You do get unique Destiny text, which effectively serves as a look into the consequences of that story, but the Destinies awarded are not unique to those paths.

Wait… oh, right! That thing that’s started by that horse, randomly, with cards, right? Damn… that’s why I don’t have it. I must’ve picked one of the ending-options that didn’t give it.

A shame. I would’ve liked to see the Bishop’s plans come to fruition!

Is there an actual guide to this? And how far along in the story is too far for getting the Brazen Fate?

Also does already having a Destiny mean I nead to pay the extra 25 Fate to get a Brazen Fate?
edited by Madame Mim on 11/12/2018

You need a specific level of A Brazen Fate, which you get from a specific ending to the story. Choices before the ending don’t matter.

And yes, as always, you can’t get a replacement destiny without paying Fate to reset.

[quote=Optimatum]You need a specific level of A Brazen Fate, which you get from a specific ending to the story. Choices before the ending don’t matter.

And yes, as always, you can’t get a replacement destiny without paying Fate to reset.[/quote]

So would I need to wait until Sackmas/Neathmas and use a Pail of Snow, or will there be the option to change my Destiny while doing the ER storyline? I don’t want to finish the story, only to lose my chance, but I also don’t want to spend 25 Fate only to be put right back into the usual Destiny choices.

Correct, the next time you can reset your Destiny and get a new one is Sacksmas. Getting A Brazen Fate from finishing the story is separate. Note that only one level of A Brazen Fate actually unlocks a new Destiny option, and only on the Parabolan destiny branch.