Heart's Desire - A favor

My apologies, as this topic shall be quite self-centered, but I am in need of assistance. Currently I am waiting in Polythreme, unsure of what to do, and I only have need of so much Surface Silk and Romantic Notions. Today’s server troubles sadly kicked in right as I was finishing what I believe to be the final stage of Heart’s Desire in Polythreme, in which one meets an individual of some importance. As a result, I was deprived of the final and, likely, most important section of the conversation. Reminiscing about the matter only brings me the page from the second-to-last stage, which I read without difficulty, and there are no more blue Ambition stories for me here in Polythreme. If someone could be so kind as to post the text from the final story of the meeting (white-text it to save others from spoilers, if you would), I would be most appreciative, as right now I have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing to progress further. Even more important, I was just dying to hear the revelations offered by my gracious host.

Many thanks.

[quote=Mary Paine]Even more important, I was just dying to hear the revelations offered by my gracious host.

Many thanks.[/quote]

From my own Reminiscing:

[color=#ffffff]Heart’s Desire - The End of Memory
You have walked through the memories of the King with a Hundred Hearts.
Meeting the King
At the end of the path is a statue. A handsome man of the Orient. The traveller. The King with a Hundred Hearts.
The King’s word
The King is an animated statue, finer-featured than his Clay progeny, and made from marble. He motions you to sit with him on a pile of cushions. ‘I’m afraid I don’t have any refreshments to offer you,’ he says. ‘My company will have to suffice.’
‘So, you’ve seen my story. China and then the Crossroads Shaded by Cedars. And then the Masters of the Bazaar. My lover saved me, in a manner of speaking. My fits would have killed me, so he bargained that we should both endure the ages, in return for his city. But the Bazaar isn’t kind. Look what it did to me. The Masters took a diamond from the great glowing mountain in the South and gave it to me for a heart. They made me like this.’
'I no longer love him. How could I, after what he had done to me? But his love abides, over the sea in London. I am his heart’s desire. I will allow him to play the Marvellous, on one condition.
‘The diamond that is my heart shattered long ago. A speck of diamond dust is in each of my children. But a shard was stolen from me. Taken to London. A place called… Spite.’ He pronounces the word oddly, as one unfamiliar with those dim streets. ‘I would have you return it to me. Its absence is like the fangs of a tiger. Bring it to me, and you shall have your player. But promise me you won’t let him win. I couldn’t bear it.’
The King with a Hundred Hearts stands. ‘Take this. A memento of our meeting. It’s a later casting, I’m afraid, but so few of the originals are left. And thank you again for your gift and your company.’ Down below you, the town of Polythreme weeps and screams for its king.
[That’s the end of Heart’s Desire for now. More soon!]
[/color]

Thank you very much, that’s exactly what I wanted, but now I’m even more concerned. If I may, what was the gift he gave you?

I don’t see anything new in my inventory. If it’s something unique, and if that’s showing up in the reminiscing, then something is clearly wrong for me. I will have to file an error report, I fear…

[quote=Mary Paine]Thank you very much, that’s exactly what I wanted, but now I’m even more concerned. If I may, what was the gift he gave you?

I don’t see anything new in my inventory. If it’s something unique, and if that’s showing up in the reminiscing, then something is clearly wrong for me. I will have to file an error report, I fear…[/quote]

It’s a single [color=#ffffff] First City Coin.[/color]

Ah, well, sadly I don’t remember my previous total number of those, but I can live without an extra one. Perhaps those are famous last words; we shall see, but I’m more concerned about the reminiscing not reflecting the final page of content. Thank you, once more. I will see what can be done.

Interesting reading, and I note that FBG took the opportunity to settle the inconsistency in the Numismatrix’s lecture - her statement that the coins are less than thirty years old is now canonically wrong. Perhaps a deliberate lie or perhaps a misapprehension on her part, but it does mean that we’re not arguing over it any more.