Hallowmas tips?

I would like to point out that the reward for the top tier of confessions is two points of notability (variable usefulness) and two items worth 312.50 echoes each. The ‘one’s public’ card also becomes slightly more profitable. Nice, yes, but missing out on the highest reward isn’t going to be the end of the world.

This is so. The primary benefit of the 500 Spirit award is bragging rights.

Well, since the cider of immortality is a four to five years journey, I can see myself investing for the Hallowmas of two years from now. Also, probably many non-POSI this year will quit playing during the year (it happens) and won’t be a valid confession parter for next year anyway…
Thank you for a detailed answer, all of you.
NiteBrite, I also read your blog on the last Hallow. Helpful and… Mind blowing. WOW. I… WOW.
edited by Gonen on 9/20/2015
edited by Gonen on 9/20/2015

[quote=NiteBrite]Edit: Tricky for me that is. I suppose I could put together a list of my past Trusts and create a pretty good list of a few hundred PoSI that people could confess that I can no longer personally confess. That might be useful for newer players, but the risk would be a lot of those players are from ~the past~ and some might not be active anymore. I dunno, let me know if there is any interest in such a thing.
edited by NiteBrite on 9/20/2015[/quote]

This sounds like an interesting thing to experiment with – trying to figure out who’s still active from NiteBrite’s master-list of PoSI – and potentially better than just trying to find some more PoSI based on forums, etc. (Beyond people who actively post their availability for confessions, I mean.) So I’d be interested in seeing such a list! Thank you for offering!

I would like to say I’m a POSI as well. I’d love to see a POSI list on the forums for hallowmas so people could easily find who was available for confessions.

[quote=metasynthie][quote=NiteBrite]Edit: Tricky for me that is. I suppose I could put together a list of my past Trusts and create a pretty good list of a few hundred PoSI that people could confess that I can no longer personally confess. That might be useful for newer players, but the risk would be a lot of those players are from ~the past~ and some might not be active anymore. I dunno, let me know if there is any interest in such a thing.
edited by NiteBrite on 9/20/2015[/quote]

This sounds like an interesting thing to experiment with – trying to figure out who’s still active from NiteBrite’s master-list of PoSI – and potentially better than just trying to find some more PoSI based on forums, etc. (Beyond people who actively post their availability for confessions, I mean.) So I’d be interested in seeing such a list! Thank you for offering![/quote]

Sure thing, now there are probably a few Non-PoSI in this list, but the vast majority should be PoSI who were active in Hallowmas last year (about 60ish were from 2 years ago). Spoiler box because its a long list:

[spoiler]Trust 3
Zee Dee (2013)
William John Penning (2013)
William Dawson III (2013)
Wally Bloodnose (2013)
vswest (2013)
Spacemarine9 (2013)
Shadowhand (2013)
Seberin Cirion (2013)
Sebastian Flyte (2013)
Saint_arthur (2013)
Sagrim-Ur (2013)
Rolias Watt (2013)
Roland Banning (2013)
Rhoanna (2013)
Reshemin (2013)
Reginald Hubris (2013)
peachsoymilk (2013)
Moomin (2013)
Matthew Holland (2013)
Margaret Ashton
Lady Circe (2013)
lady ciel (2013)
Katherine Navane (2013)
John Purple (2013)
Johannes Cless (2013)
Jimmy Paladin of the Last Alliance (2013)
Inky Petrel (2013)
Hammond (2013)
Guy Scrum (2013)
Georgie_0 (2013)
Dolan (2013)
Ddallan (2013)
Craig Smuda (2013)
Cochimetl (2013)
calm (2013)
bjorntfh (2013)
ashdenej (2013)
Asami Sato (2013)
Armadi (2013)
Anstruther Barron (2013)
an_ocelot (2013)

Trust 2
Zingarinha
Zero Hunt
Zeel (2013)
Zalan
yaseanne
xKiv (2013)
wrenish
WordsLikeWeeds (2013)
Vine
Vidette Greer
Veerke van Vleeslieve
Urthdigger
Tsukino Faerii
Thaddeus Wren
Teresa Lin
Sylvester Stardust Mirrorhouse
Swinter
Stroller
Spht
SmallFish
Sir William Lydgate
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook
Simus
silasilent
serguma (2013)
Scarlet Attford-Fenwick
Sardonyx
Sarah Sahara (2013)
Sara Hysaro (2013)
Saint Arthur (2013)
Robert Tarrelond-Ashe
Regas
reddogrising (2013)
RandomWalker
Raistlin Majere
Ragabrash
ProfessorCirno
Polybius
PeteScuff
Persephone
Otaara
Ossus Telek
Ognjen
oedalis
Odessa Reyes Isola-Maskylene
Ochrasy
oceanlover4evr
Niobe
NinjaComedian
Nigel Overstreet
neongrey
nedemmons
narcissus_echo
Mr Mercutio
Mr E B
mp (2013)
Mordenn
Miss Martinez
Misbiopy
Mimic
McCrapShot (2013)
maxgay
Mathieu Psmith
Martzel De Pamplona
Martial Canterel
mari4212
Maltramac
Mallachi
Màiread
Mad-Sweeney
Madison Lavery (2013)
Lucius Hammersmyth
Lord Anar
Little The
Leraika
Lansemann
Lady Red
Kuromori
Koji Arala (2013)
Juliet Chauvelin
Josiah Thimblerig (2013)
Jessie Bond
Jass (2013)
Jambles Preakcastle
Jacob Majikes
Jack Vaux-Harrowden
J.L. Moriarty
Inpiun (2013)
Imrazor
ICountFrom0
Hiram McDaniels
Helena Korinek
Grue (2013)
Greenstar54
Furak
Fred Cassidy
Floyd Tarrant
Fhoenix
Eris Jay
Eric Vimes
Emily Ariel
Eliza Flame (2013)
Eliza Banks (2013)
Elisa Sherwood
Elene (2013)
elejit (2013)
Eeevlore (2013)
echanstar (2013)
dreamwilds
Dragoshi
DragonRidingSorceress
Dr Cameo “Scary Teeth” Thurlow
dov
Dom_Delouise
Dirae Erinyes
Dharlome (2013)
Denubis Banere
DemonicFerret
Delmar Tramontane
Daniel Vaise
curious_fellow
Crianas (2013)
Cousin Elizabeth
Corran
contrivedpoetry
Cocytus
Clara Rose
cestmoname
cathyr19355
Caninicus
Cake Ninja (2013)
Broughie Shaw (2013)
Blackleaf
Ben
bell paget
badpatient
Azurite
Austra
Atomikkrab
Asclepius Unbound
Artemis Severina
artematthew
Armand le Boucher
Ariana Arachosia
Ancele d´Aurillac
Ammery
Alonois (2013)
Allanon Kisigar
Alice Darkmoor
Alexander Feld
Alberto Robert
adagio (2013)
A B Nile
[NAME REDACTED]
!!DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER509189-blader4411
!!DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER457438-Ceysila
!!DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER261428-Karis Fra Mauro (2013)

Trust 1
Vesta Tilley
Sapphire Dragon
Rozmar Nesmertal
plaid
Miss Tree
Lendl (2013)
Kalixas
Insidious_Lars
HJackson
Harkavian (2013)
Fuglsang
entonfire
Dreambolt
DompR
dfotw
Coverzin
Cobwebs
Chrome Angrykitten
Aife
Aer
!!DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER233581-hitokiridarkempress (2013)

Exposed By
zephyr15
Zantumall
Varinner
Valentine Jericho
ryjelsum
Red Rose
Raloph
PlainInsane
PennyPenny
Natalie Harmonia
Mr. Cheshire
MayExist
Mary L Laplace
Major Rojam
Luke McMillan
Gills (2013)
Flap
Ewan C (2013)
Ducky Inc
Cretaza
Alzar
aethergeologist
!!DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER256323-Professor G Detective

Unlogged 2013 Betrayals
I don’t have a full list of 2013 betrayls because they existed before the Exposed By quality and are therefore not logged anywhere.
icecheetah2 (2013)
[/spoiler]
edited by NiteBrite on 9/20/2015

Is there any way to tell if someone is still active or not outside of forum posts?

Send them a letter in game and ask them. That’s about it.

The easiest way to get a small hint is to check their mantelpiece for recent echoes. That’s not always helpful, however, so the best way would be to send them a social action of some sort. If they accept or decline it then they’re probably active; if it’s still sitting there 3 weeks later they’re either neglectful of their messages tab or inactive.

If they haven’t been active in a long while, Time the Healer should have eliminated all their menaces, so they shouldn’t show up on your invite list.
Not always effective, but a small comfort.

I started playing in 2013 and created an alt in 2014 but COMPLETELY missed out Hallowmas two years in a row, because I was busy moving to different countries in real life - two flipping years in a row* - so everybody please feel free to invite both my characters this year.

• This is the best way to increase Nightmares and reduce Connected:Society in real life. I draw &quotA dream about missing an international flight&quot a lot. On the plus side, my Acquaintance list has exploded.
    edited by Lashkar on 9/20/2015

One thing that does have me confused: What is the difference between trust and spirit? I have not heard much talk about the former.

Trust is what you get when someone accepts your request to hear their sins. If you betray their Trust you’ll lose it and gain less Spirit than you would if you had kept their confession secret.

How does it factor into the rest of Hallowmas? From what I understand confessions are converted into spirit which is tallied at the end of it all (Along with smaller portions of spirit from accepting another’s confession) But I don’t understand the function of trust…

Trust and Exposed By are the two qualities that make sure you can’t use the same person twice. The Confessions quality measures the amount of times you can decide what to do with a person’s confession, and your choice can either increase their Trust quality or convert it into an Exposed By quality. A person’s Trust in you can go up to 3 if you decide to keep their secret twice.

[quote=Lashkar]This is the best way to increase Nightmares and reduce Connected:Society in real life. I draw &quotA dream about missing an international flight&quot a lot. On the plus side, my Acquaintance list has exploded.
edited by Lashkar on 9/20/2015[/quote]

I just saw this…it made me laugh out loud at work.

Also, Myrto is a POSI who participated in Hallowmas last year (as a non-POSI, I believe). I plan to Hallowmas the hell out of this opportunity this year. I welcome confessions and all the rest. I kept all my secrets last year, but I plan to expose a couple this year, just to see what happens.

Edited to include my alts: Edith Alpha Doyle is a POSI who didn’t participate in Hallowmas last year at all. Jack Ellis is a newcomer to the Neath, but he’s planning to do the best he can.
edited by Myrto on 9/24/2015

I’m a PoSi and I have a lot of sins to confess, if you’re interested. Please befriend me. I want to fill your hears with tales of terrors.
And I also want to accumulate a good stock of delicious friends for the Christmas event - I’d love a cheap 5-cards lodging.

By the way, when you say that you need to befriend a lot of people… Do they just need to be in your contact list, or do you need to be Acquainted with them ?
edited by Lemexis on 9/24/2015

You just need to be contacts.

Ok, thanks !

Damn, 3 vials of Masters’ Blood, 16 connected: the Masters and a Spire-Emporium of the Bazaar… You’re what my character (and myself) always dreamed of being.

I am a PoSI who didn’t really do anything last year for Hallowmas, so no previous trusts to interfere!