Hallowmas confessions bugged?

I have certain confession requests in my inbox that I just can’t accept, even when I have the required menaces. I can accept someone else’s confession of pride or whimsy just fine,k but these select confessions just won’t let me accept them. I get the standard popup about not having the right qualities.

Has anyone else had this problem?

[quote=Frenjamin Banklin]I have certain confession requests in my inbox that I just can’t accept, even when I have the required menaces. I can accept someone else’s confession of pride or whimsy just fine,k but these select confessions just won’t let me accept them. I get the standard popup about not having the right qualities.

Has anyone else had this problem?[/quote]
It means they sent a duplicate, usually. sometimes it means they sent two, and sometimes- rarely- it means you forgot to check your menaces correctly.

If it’s one of the first two, rejecting it is the only option.

You can check whether they’re duplicates by looking at Myself -> Stories -> Trust. If their name appears in that box you have alreasy confessed to them.

Sometimes you have to check Exposed By as well as trust won’t cover betrayal duplicates.

Yes, you’re right, of course. I forgot about that because I didn’t betray a single real person this Hallowmas! (but all six notable Londoners…)

I only betrayed one, except as far as i’m concerned, i didn’t tell the whole tale, instead simply saying that i heard a confession of a confession, from a liberation assassin that says this, not citing the doctor directly, in other words.

Another confessions bug I have is that I seem to have 0 confessions left, yet prior to that last confession consigned, there were several other names to get to. Now I can’t access any of the four options - consign/gossip/flaunt/bury. Anyone else facing the same thing?

Presumably this is because you sent a minor confession (which caps at 6) and they are accepted when your Confessions are above 6, so you end up gaining Trust with them without getting a confession to spend on them.

So it’s a known bug that’s not fixable I guess? This messes so much with my completionist streak! Haha

I have the opposite thing: 15 confessions and only 11 people on dropdown list. A known bug?
edited by Gonen on 11/8/2015

If you’re using the “Consign a friend’s Confession safely to the Bazaar” option, it will only show you the POSI Confessions you’ve collected. That is the only thing I can think of that might be causing that problem…

RRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiiiiiiight.
That’s it.
Thanks!
Most confusing mechanics ever.

Presumably this is because you sent a minor confession (which caps at 6) and they are accepted when your Confessions are above 6, so you end up gaining Trust with them without getting a confession to spend on them.[/quote]

That is… very frustrating. Bad news navchaa, it will carry over to all future years, too.

I deliberately didn’t send any lesser Confessions this year, remembering that they were capped at 6. So the fact that I have Trust (1) contacts I can’t do anything with is due to sending minor Confession requests last year.