Hallowmas 1894

[color=#cc0099]Delicious friends! We have heard whisperings of Hallowmas and so we wanted to let you know a few things, ahead of our official announcement.[/color]
[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]
Firstly, those currently preparing for Hallowmas, know that it will again focus on Confessions, but function entirely different from previous years.[/color]
[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]
And secondly, we will be making an official announcement about the festival after 11th October, so keep an eye out around then.[/color]
[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]

[/color][color=#cc0099]The Feast of Masks will take place from 24th October until the 7th November. But be aware, this festival of confessions and betrayal is unlike the ones that have come before it, and you may find that not everything will be revealed at once.

New for Hallowmas 1894

The Hallowmas of 1894 will include some new features, such as:
[/color][ul][li][color=#cc0099]new confessions from prominent Fallen London characters[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]an entirely new way to trade confessions[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]certain companions will be involved[/color][/li][/ul][color=#cc0099]Fallen London is a city of a thousand stories, and gathering secrets will attract certain powerful entities of the Neath. Will you honour the trust of those who confess?

Confessions at the Feast of Masks

Don your mask and collect confessions. Then it’ll be your choice to trade them to friends, factions, or other prominent people of the Neath.

At the end of the festival, Mr. Huffam will still be about looking to interview festival-goers. While the Spirit of Hallowmas is absent this year, you will still discover a Hallowmas epilogue and special epithet.

Destinies

The ability to acquire or change your destiny will be the same as previous years. This can only be done at certain times of the year, so be sure to take advantage of the chance![/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 10/18/2016

Time to dust off all the hallowmas masks and the starveling cats, I presume.

Quite possibly not to the latter- I can’t speak for the former, but absintheuse just told us that the function would change and deliberate menace increases was one of the things the devs displayed dissatisfaction about in the past- though not constantly or dramatically.

Quite possibly not to the latter- I can’t speak for the former, but absintheuse just told us that the function would change and deliberate menace increases was one of the things the devs displayed dissatisfaction about in the past- though not constantly or dramatically.[/quote]

How about making it easier to get a freaking Tomb-Lion, if they want to change that mechanic? It is more annoying and difficult to get one of those than every other monster combined.[li]

When is Hallowmas?

Hallowmas in the past has begun towards the end of October and lasted a bit into November, but who knows if that’ll change this year.

Considering it is a Halloween celebration I doubt it will change too drastically

Considering it is a Halloween celebration I doubt it will change too drastically[/quote]
Well, starting and ending sooner is entirely plausible, so that it ends at november first, as opposed to later. But yeah, late october early novemnber.

They were probably a bit upset with us for breaking the holiday last year. I’ll be interested in how the mechanic changes, but tentatively the famous Soup-Place-Where-Food-is-Prepared will do a land-office business again this year.

– Mal

Last year’s was my first Hallowmas in the Neath and I very much enjoyed it - I wasn’t even aware that we really “broke” the holiday by confessing so much. Anyway, I am so looking forward to this Hallowmas and hope they have come up with some great new mechanics.

@Robin Alexander: yes, it went smoothly, but I don’t think FBG expected (or intended) so many people to get over 1000 points. Since they didn’t even have any special rewards for more than 500.

– Mal

It will be interesting to see what mischief the Mayor gets up to during this rather tricksy holiday.

Given an option briefly appeared a while back needing Sinning Jenny’s Confession, I’d say she’s certainly going to make an appearance.

What was the option? How far back was this? Because I never saw it?
edited by Anne Auclair on 9/30/2016

Quite new to Hallowmas-could someone please give me a rough idea of what may happen, what there might be to gain and who is likely to be in trouble?

Hattington, we’re all going to be newbies this Hallowmas since it’s going to be completely revamped ;)

As stated in the OP, in about two weeks we might learn more! :)

I’m rather looking forward to this, given I’m not very fond of highly social activities. Also because it might be my character’s last celebration before going NORTH. (Seems to be the only way to get away from people! ;) )

Most likely, the only thing being revamped is the confessions. As such I’ll weave you a tale about the other parts. I believe there is a 5x standard frequency card added to the deck where you can buy blind fish or aquire a bundle of oddities in the 1-200 (approx) range. You can also get a destiny now, and in previous years this gave a pittance in spirit of hallowmas. well, not precisely a pittance, but not a lot.

Is there anything we should do to prepare? Get quirks to a certain level, stockpile items, etc.?

For past years, the only big one was having a Starveling Cat.

What was the option? How far back was this? Because I never saw it?
edited by Anne Auclair on 9/30/2016[/quote]

Here you go. It was a month or so ago.and appeared under Matters of the Heart, of all places. The first unlock was not having Sinning Jenny’s Confession; the second was &quotProposing an Exchange with&quot someone.
edited by Optimatum on 10/1/2016