Hallomas spirit sources

Can anyone list all the ways to get halomas spirit? I know confessions offer it in some point, but i’d like to know which ones you can get, and how beneficial each is. I can’t find it listen in any of the threads. thanks!

1. Accepting any invitation for you to confess - 1 SoH

2. Preserving newly acquired trust:

2a. - Bury new confession - 2 SoH

2b - Consign new confession (PoSI) - 4 SoH

1. Betraying newly acquired trust:

3a. - Flaunt new confession - 1 SoH

3b. - Gossip about a new confession (PoSI) - 2 SoH

1. Devour confession preserved in previous years - 6 SoH

2. Betray trust by selling confessions kept in previous years - 2 SoH

3. The Gates of Midnight - 10 SoH

Betraying trust (3a,3b,5) has lower yield but higher material rewards. Preserving trust (2a, 2b) allows you to use the high yield option 4 in subsequent years. Option 6 is repeatable only by resetting your destiny at 25 Fate per pop.

ETA: Corrected as per Grenem’s comments below
edited by genesis on 10/26/2015

[quote=genesis]1. Accepting any invitation for you to confess - 1 SoH

1. Preserving newly acquired trust:

2a. - Bury new confession - 2 SoH

2b - Consign new confession (PoSI) - 4 SoH

1. Betraying newly acquired trust:

3a. - Flaunt new confession - 1 SoH

3b. - Gossip about a new confession (PoSI) - 2 SoH

1. Devour confession preserved in previous years - 6 SoH

2. Betray trust by selling confessions kept in previous years - 2 SoH

3. The Gates of Midnight - 10 SoH

Betraying trust (3a,3b,5) has lower yield but higher material rewards. Preserving trust (2a, 2b) allows you to use the high yield option 5 in subsequent years. Option 6 is repeatable only by resetting your destiny at 25 Fate per pop.[/quote]
Is that high yeild? isn’t that only 2.5 echoes, making betraying them last year to the masters more effective, or is there a higher return option?

I am referring to the yield of Spirit of Hallowmas as I thought that’s what your question was about. I haven’t done any comparison based on echoes.

Isn’t #4 better, then? did you accidentally use the wrong number or is there a reason 4 is lower yeild? that’s why i assumed #5 was refering to echoes.

Ooooh. Yes, I did use the wrong number :S Of course #4 is the “high yield” option I was attempting to refer to…

I’m working on making a calculator on these numbers, but I’m really off using my own numbers as best as I can. Did the Notable Londoners contribute any Spirit this year? I can’t remember.

@Parelle: The Notables contributed 4 spirit each.

– Mal

Yes they did - 4 for keeping their trust and 2 for betraying them.

Thanks so much! When I get back to my laptop, I’ll make the corrections.

I’ve tested this out with my data, which matched exactly. The actions are intentionally over-estimated for confession fulfillment, but it was an interesting thing anyway.

I’ve never really gotten the non-RP appeal of betraying a Confession.
Burying & consigning a Confessions nets you an additional 8 Spirit of Hallowmas, something that is rare and difficult to come by.
Betraying a confession nets you a very small yield of Echoes, which you can get all year round.

I don’t care if people betray my confessions, but I would think the appeal of great SoH would outweigh whatever small amount of cash it would give you.

I went for high Spirit but I suppose I do understand that some people might want to try to increase their Connected Masters. Doesn’t appeal to me though :)

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I’ve never really gotten the non-RP appeal of betraying a Confession.
Burying & consigning a Confessions nets you an additional 8 Spirit of Hallowmas, something that is rare and difficult to come by.
Betraying a confession nets you a very small yield of Echoes, which you can get all year round.

I don’t care if people betray my confessions, but I would think the appeal of great SoH would outweigh whatever small amount of cash it would give you.[/quote]
If one betrayal in five gives a point connected masters, and you don’t care about cash rewards, that’s 20 actions and 5 potential grudges per point connected masters. Given how hard this usually is to get, i can understand why anyone seeking vast quantities of this connection would favor betrayals.

[quote=Grenem]If one betrayal in five gives a point connected masters, and you don’t care about cash rewards, that’s 20 actions and 5 potential grudges per point connected masters.[/quote]Yeah but that’s a pretty heft bet for a luck check and Connected: Masters isn’t exactly difficult to get year round either.
It just seems, to me, that a rare thing is more valuable than a not rare thing.

I betrayed someone by accident last night when I was really sleepy and clicked the wrong button! I’m sorry, whoever that was!

[quote=Nigel Overstreet][quote=Grenem]If one betrayal in five gives a point connected masters, and you don’t care about cash rewards, that’s 20 actions and 5 potential grudges per point connected masters.[/quote]Yeah but that’s a pretty heft bet for a luck check and Connected: Masters isn’t exactly difficult to get year round either.
It just seems, to me, that a rare thing is more valuable than a not rare thing.[/quote]
There’s a cap on most year-round methods, and this one doesn’t seem to possess one. also, normally, the most effective method outside of stories costs, i believe, 125 echoes per point connection. Most people who aren’t collecting for it’s own sake will choose to be loyal, i think, since there’s also very little use for the connection, but don’t get me wrong, this seems quite efficient for people who really value masters connection.