Grinding for clothing

As part of my <strike> atonement </strike> service through my orphanage, I need to gather old clothing, particularly workmen’s cloths and sober dresses (presumably to accommodate 2 or 3 orphans each) I seem to remember that these dropped from a brawl at some point, but my memory is foggy. Does anyone know a better way to acquire these then buying them?[li][/li]

Workman’s Clothes can only be gained from gottery (the shop)
Sober dresses can also be gained from this option, but that’s a rare opportunity.

If you are at zee, you can pirate some ships that are going down, one of the things that is rewarded is sober dresses and workman’s clothing.

I’ve got some Fourth City Rags that I have no need of, wish I could think of a means to get them to you.

[quote=Joy Phillip]If you are at zee, you can pirate some ships that are going down, one of the things that is rewarded is sober dresses and workman’s clothing.

I’ve got some Fourth City Rags that I have no need of, wish I could think of a means to get them to you.[/quote]

Not any more! All those old random-object things now use the Bundle of Oddities system instead, and I don’t think there’s a clothing reward point in those bundles.
Dressing orphans in Fourth City Rags is probably only a good idea if you’re looking to raise a generation of lunatics (with no dress sense)
edited by Spacemarine9 on 9/2/2013

Dressing children in Fourth City Rags? No, sir, I see no proble with this plan. What could possibly go wrong?

[quote=Spacemarine9]
Not any more! All those old random-object things now use the Bundle of Oddities system instead, and I don’t think there’s a clothing reward point in those bundles.
Dressing orphans in Fourth City Rags is probably only a good idea if you’re looking to raise a generation of lunatics (with no dress sense)
edited by Spacemarine9 on 9/2/2013[/quote]

The Zee option now gives Muscaria Brandy through oddites if I remember correct. We’ve recorded quite few on the wiki.

[quote=Aximillio]
The Zee option now gives Muscaria Brandy through oddites if I remember correct. We’ve recorded quite few on the wiki.[/quote]

Actually, I think that only happens for the first time you choose it on a given voyage, and further times give … I don’t remember now :(, but it was direct items, not bundle-quality.
But I remember I only got the bundle after finishing the voyage. But you already knew that.

ETA: seems to be primordial shrieks.
edited by xKiv on 9/2/2013

It seems something of a shame that the bag of oddities would remove variety. Surely they were intended to do the opposite. [li]

Most of the bundle of oddities options give the same value every time, true, (which probably isn’t really intentional, they should probably all give at least a few different things) but there’s a whole boxful of actual possible things you can get from a Bundle of Oddities. It’s just that most of them are only really accessible through Surprise Packages at the moment.

Really though, Workman’s Clothing and Sober Dresses are extremely cheap; 20p apiece. When your Orphanage demands the sacrifice of many echoes and orphans from the Bazaar (and they don’t come cheap!), 20p doesn’t seem like a whole lot.

I try to limit how many materials I buy from the bazaar; this is a game about stories, and I find I get much more involved and often amusing ones by including gathering the materials as part of my quest. It looks like it won’t be possible in this case, however. Ah well.