Grinding Connected: Revolutionairies?

Those filthy bourgeois are Master’s lapdogs. Nothin’ unprovoked about social justice.

If you can tolerate one point of suspicion per action and are able to get your watchful below 95, giving lectures in the Forgotten Quarter, according to the Wiki, gives 15 points of Connected: Revolutionaries, as well as a similar boost in Bohemian and Society connections. Especially with the suspicion point boost and under 95 watchful requirement, I’m not sure how effective this method is in comparison to others, but it doesn’t require Fate and also provides some other potentially useful boosts. It’s something to consider, certainly.

EDIT: Let me note that I am, indeed, loyal to the Masters. Sorry mates, but I’ve always liked them. Regardless, I hope I could be of some help ^^
edited by Curses on 6/30/2012

[quote=Curses]Let me note that I am, indeed, loyal to the Masters. Sorry mates, but I’ve always liked them.
[/quote]
The pig is loyal to the farmer until he’s led to slaughter.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet] Curses wrote:

Let me note that I am, indeed, loyal to the Masters. Sorry mates, but I’ve always liked them.

The pig is loyal to the farmer until he’s led to slaughter.[/quote]

Led to slaughter, possibly. But with The Masters, I can be sure to be led to slaughter with [color=rgb(153, 0, 204)]style[/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]. And possibly by bats. Or mauled by everyone’s favorite some-what tyrannical police force, the Raggedy Men. Or beaten to death by Jasper and Frank. Or maybe even [/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]by being eaten alive by the beloved Mr Hearts[/color]. Really the surprise is half of the appeal :)
[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
I’ve simply always found them intriguing. I knew it was a terrible idea to bring up politics when trying to help. Bleh.
[/color]

[quote=Nigel Overstreet][quote=Curses]Let me note that I am, indeed, loyal to the Masters. Sorry mates, but I’ve always liked them.
[/quote]
The pig is loyal to the farmer until he’s led to slaughter.[/quote]

Unless the pig drank Hesperidean Cider?

Hesperidean Cider? Well we’d have to be talkin’ about one charming motherfuckin’ pig.

That was my first thought as well. Alas, it is impossible for me to lower my Watchful below ~118. It may be a good option otherwise, however.

[/b]Hesperidean Cider? Oh, yes… this does befit our self-styled ‘Masters’. They make you starve yourself, Comrades, starve yourself and your family - they pay you a pittance for your unquestioning obedience. They tell drive the worker to turn against her own class, to attack the strikers like a mad dog.
They make her act against her own economic interests in the vain hope of being tossed a scrap of favour like one would toss offal to a pig - but, the puppets of the Establishment say, but what about the Cider? Surely, the Masters will give us immortality if we only keep our heads down.
Hah! Comrades, have you actually done the maths? A single jug of this Cider costs more than a common worker can hope to earn in her whole life! It’s nothing but another form of opiate, another imaginary flower to decorate your chains! Comrades, I tell you - after the victory, I will personally see too it that every household will be given its very own jug of Cider! … sooner or later. Probably. The stuff can be mass-produced, right?[b]

[/b]… anyway, yes. Victory is within our grasp!

(That’s roughly how I imagine the speeches go, anyway.)
edited by Cedric Appleby on 6/30/2012

Pah! Revolutionaries. You think you’re freedom fighters because you killed a few bankers that got up the next day. The Bazaar is filled with secrets, ant not even the wisest among us can understand it. The only…er…people? who can are the Masters. What would you have us do when they are overthrown? Feed the Bazaar some fungal crackers and sing it a lullaby? The whole lot of you are naive, misguided people who do more harm than good.

One last bump! Seems 50 points of connections take me about two weeks, on average. I can’t believe I’ve been on this for a month now. This is hopefully the highest in the Neath now, right? Pretty please?

"My Connected: Revolutionaries has increased to 200 - [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]A Demagogue[/color]! "

Seems that’s the last title - at least, it hasn’t changed, and I think 150 is the usual ‘cap’.

I’ve decided in the interest of SCIENCE, I will go ahead and see how much the Polythreme action gives.

If anyone has anything higher, they are keeping it pretty well hidden. It doesn’t show up in any kind of search, so I’m pretty confident you can call this your own.
Thanks for finding out all of the descriptors, by the by!

So far the only ones I can’t find are Docks at 150+ and Tomb Colonists & Urchins at 100+
Well, that and Connected Masters at 12+, but that’s along row to hoe.

Ok, doing a full spying on Polythreme routine gives 10 CP of Revolutionaries. It also gives 51 Memories of Distant Shores (Like any other spying/guidebook option when you have 13 in the quality)

Hi! I’m sorry to resurrect this thread, but with the recent (… well, by now, fairly old) changes to the Flit and certain basic game mechanics, it appears the optimum solution has changed. I do want this to remain a usable resource, after all, and I’d very much like someone to double-check my assumptions in the first post.

Updating this is a good thing. My comments:

[ol][li]To get the maths right for the options in the Flit, we really need to know the failure penalties – how much Suspicion is gained and, especially, how much Casing is lost. We can’t just half the change points where the challenge has a 50% chance of success, because you don’t lose all your progress when you fail. I checked the numbers for a lot of stuff like this when I was writing my Connections guide, but didn’t bother with these because lectures are so much better.[/li][li]Ablution Solutions are a terrible way to reduce Suspicion. I think it would be better to assume the use of social actions, which reduce Suspicion by 1.5 per action if you take it in turns. That allows you to alternate between three lectures and two social actions, for 45cp in five actions – 9cp per action. It’s probably even better to put on some Suspicion-reducing clothing, raise your Suspicion all the way to nine, and then escape New Newgate, which gets rid of all your Suspicion in a random but usually small number of card draws.[/li][li]For completeness, there’s a card in the Cave of the Nadir which gives 10cp or so.
[/li][/ol]
edited by Flyte on 7/22/2013

Thank you very much! I thought the gain from (1) was rather small, but apparantly, not so. The approximations are still very rough, but the options are definitely better than I made them out to be. Still not as good as some of the others, though.

I didn’t put New Newgate in there yet because this is very demanding on “real-life time”, but I’ll think about including it for completeness’ sake. Clearing Suspicion over the social action is definitely better, making the lecture far better than even the Fate-locked storylet. Thank you!