Goat Farming

[quote=A B Nile]Also, I understand there’s a higher PPA available for doing something or other involving the Big Rat story, but a great many people have locked themselves out of that option already and I’m afraid I’m not clear on the details.[/quote]The details are that when the story moves to the Flit, it becomes possible to Advertise a spot of hunting, which pays 150 ppa plus 3 CP of Running Battle… which can be cashed in on a friendly duel with Captain Vendrick. If Vendrick is dead or upset one could duel Chi Lan, but with 50% risk of failure, Wounds +5 CP when failing, and her refusing to duel anyone with Wounds 3+, it is much more inconvenient. And duelling any of the lesser opponents doesn’t seem to be quite as profitable.

However, Advertise a spot of hunting also gives Scandal +1 CP, and as soon as you account for reducing that menace, the ppa plummets. Therefore this option is mainly good when actively trying to get deported to the Tomb-Colonies, or when getting free menace-reduction from, say, confessions of impropriety or whimsy, or menace-reduction as a minor side-effect from the occasional newspaper interview one would agree to anyway.

I haven’t calculated exactly how profitable it is to combine Advertise a spot of hunting with cards that reduce Scandal by 3 CPs, but with Someone Is Coming from siding with the church against hell, or Counting the Days from An afternoon of good deeds? it looks like ~172 ppa. Which is on par with the University/Flit Investigating… option, which doesn’t rely on cards, and also increases Watchful and Shadowy. But it’s nice to have a reliable option to get something out of Scandal-reduction that would otherwise go to waste.

It’s just an option during the normal cycle in Spite (A Night of Desperate Ambushes). I can’t do it because then I’ll be a turncoat, and I don’t want to switch sides anyway.

I alternated between fidgeting writer and affair of the box for mine, plus selling off miscellaneous other things.

Whoops, must have been logged out, the Guest was me >.<

You mean Turncoat 4? Turncoat in itself doesn’t lock you out, and if you have 4 you can just seek forgiveness to access that option. I just don’t want to be a Turncoat, hence why that option isn’t something I want to do. I can do it, I just refuse to.