Goat Farmer's Browser Extension

Downloaded! Thanks! But it says: There were warnings when trying to install this extension:
This extension includes the key file ‘C:\Users\thispartismyname\Desktop\thispartismyname\flgf-extension-chrome\flgf-extension-chrome.pem’. You probably don’t want to do that.

Um, it should not matter for the user. It just warns that the private signing key is included (normally it shouldn’t, the author should not let it leak).

Thank you, Good Sai! This is truly extraordinary! Thank you!
edited by AgentBlueSky on 12/17/2015

Excellent little extension, and simple to use. Thanks!

– Mal

A̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶e̶f̶o̶x̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶~̶s̶i̶g̶h̶~̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶.̶

{Update}

Fixed. Thank you so much!

Prost! to An Individual!
edited by AgentBlueSky on 12/30/2015

Thanks for flagging this. I’m a bit swamped at the moment but I’ll investigate as soon as I get the chance.

This seems pretty useful, though I’m using Firefox myself. I’ll definitely have to check it out once it’s working again on my browser.

Edit: Tried the download link, and it says: &quotFirefox prevented this site from asking to install software on your computer.&quot
Is there a manual installation method we should use?
edited by Kittenpox on 12/17/2015

Yes, quite annoying. I just wrote them a nasty feedback about it. The arrogance of disabling something without allowing the user to override! I do not need diapers from snot-nosed IT developers who probably never programmed in machine code in their lives. grump

– Mal

For the time being, it’s possible to re-enable the extensions that Firefox disabled without so much as a by-your-leave by going into about:config and setting “xpinstall.signatures.required” to false. They’re apparently going to remove this workaround in a future update. Presumably because they have drastically misunderstood the primary reason people use Firefox.

Quick update for you guys. Firefox has updated to use a system similar to Chrome where I’m going to have to cycle the extension through their system to get a signature. In theory this should be a fairly simple process. I’ll hopefully have a fixed version available on Saturday or Sunday.
edited by An Individual on 12/18/2015

Great work, this is great! I installed in FF with no problem.

Further update. I’ve submitted the Firefox extension for review. Unfortunately they’re taking these reviews fairly seriously so it could be up to 10 days before it gets approved. I’ll post an update once it’s cleared.

On the plus side, I’ve decided to stop resisting posting these things in their respective add-on stores so no more jumping through hoops with the Chrome installation. I’ve updated the first post to include links to the Chrome and Firefox add-on pages. You can start using the Chrome page right away. Unfortunatley, the Firefox page will continue to block you’re installation until it clears approval.

[quote=An Individual]Further update. I’ve submitted the Firefox extension for review. Unfortunately they’re taking these reviews fairly seriously so it could be up to 10 days before it gets approved. I’ll post an update once it’s cleared.

On the plus side, I’ve decided to stop resisting posting these things in their respective add-on stores so no more jumping through hoops with the Chrome installation. I’ve updated the first post to include links to the Chrome and Firefox add-on pages. You can start using the Chrome page right away. Unfortunatley, the Firefox page will continue to block you’re installation until it clears approval.[/quote]

No worries. Glad to hear things are moving along (even if that’s at their own pace.) Besides, I’d rather there be a thorough review process albeit a slow one, rather than them having a flimsy review process that increases the risk of any addon I use being malware.

I look forward to being able to try the Firefox extension sometime in the next couple weeks! ^_^

Looks like the 10 day estimate is just a safe number in case you submit a large extension. The Firefox extension has been given the green light and you can now install it from the Mozilla add-on page here (also linked in the first post).

Note that you will have to restart Firefox for it to work.
Nice to have it back!

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]Note that you will have to restart Firefox for it to work.
Nice to have it back!

– Mal[/quote]

I didn’t have to restart it when I installed it just now. However, if you have Fallen London open when you install it you’ll have to refresh the page for the extension to take effect.

Thank you! I am further along toward an Ubergoat than I thought, although it’s still a daunting goal. Still, it’s nice to be able to see where I stand financially.

I’m using Chrome, and I can’t seem to set the ‘To Target’ value. I tried on Firefox too, and it won’t work their either. I can set reserve values, though.

Thanks for the extension. I’ve meant to install this for a long time and was surprised that I could affort an Übergoat right away if I wasn’t such a horder.

I noticed two small issues you could fix if you feel like it:

1. If item names are very long (&quotBottle of Fourth City Airag: Year of the Tortoise&quot) there is a placement issue where the &quotReserved&quot-label displaces the &quotSell&quot-button
  2. If I reserved a certain number of an item and sell the excess, the &quotReserved&quot label + button vanish. Everything is good again if I reload the page.

I’m using Firefox 43 if that’s important.
Again, excellent work, thanks for the add-on.

this looks like a pretty excellent mod, i have a small request

A Mass Reserve setting function would be neat. I’d like to reserve 1 copy of every single item i have, because collecting is nice. doing this manually is a bit of a pain

And also, having set all of these values, it might be nice to have a mass-sell button, that would sell off all unreserved items in the inventory. And/or, an individual extra sell button for each item, that would automatically sell all unreserved amount of that particular item (or at least prepopulate the quantity field in the sell dialog, with the correct amount)

great work though, ingenious
edited by Nanako on 2/16/2016
edited by Nanako on 2/16/2016