Goat demon hunting maths

I get Inside Information. It costs you 2 actions to get it, but it saves you around 2 actions averaged over the long run (remember to include increased suspicion from exiting heists with lower catlike tread, after all) and ensures you net card draws from the heist instead of it costing you card draws. It also greatly reduces the number of times that you’ll need to use a luck option, this means that you have high catlike tread so you can risk highly profitable snaffling whenever possible. It also takes your risk of prison down to almost zero (in hundreds of heists, I have never failed one). There’s reasonable disagreement on this, but increased snaffling opportunities tip the scales, in my opinion.

Inside the heist, try to get to 5 progress with 2 or more upcoming draws to maximize chances of drawing the prize card.

Snaffle even if you already have 5 progress as long as you have the catlike tread to absorb a loss, since it’s profitable in and of itself.

If you find yourself at 6 progress, go ahead and get one more progress to get to 7. It’s more profitable on average, but not by a lot.

I can probably think of some more tips later.

Thank you for your advice. The inside information sounds like a good idea. I’m glad heists give an epa of 1.8, I had read several comments saying that the enigma chance had dropped to 5%. When did all these grinds get nerfed? Was it recently? I didn’t see them get announced.

Most certain more than a year ago and Enigma during heists it is at 5-10%. Probably after 300-400 heists you can get closer to the real value.