Getting rid of connection: Revolutionaries?

Hello everyone,

after a long, long time and considerable material expenses, I managed to collect enough to upgrade my Bazaar Premises to a Spire Emporium. However, my connection to the revolutionaries is way too high so the Masters aren’t pleased.

After a week with no luck, I just can’t seem to draw any card which will allow me to cash in my Revolutionaries connections, and I don’t want to lose that hard earned 11 notability. Can anyone help?

I tend to spend most of the time in the Flit, where one can get a card to trade 120 CP of that connection (that’s the first 15 levels). You could also think of annoying them big time, maybe something like getting closest to them and then betraying them.
edited by Rinsik on 9/8/2015

Other ways to get rid of Revolutionaries:

• an always-available way that earns you nothing: get Turncoat up to 4 by earning Boxfuls of Intrigue in Spite, but switching sides back and forth. Get rid of Turncoat by spending 100 CP of Revolutionaries; repeat.

• if you have lots of Church and Urchins you can turn all three connections into research for a scientific expedition, 100 CP at a time (for each)

• burning a lot of actions but at least doing something: convert tons of Luminosity items upwards, but that’ll be something like 10-20 CP loss per action. At least you will end up with a lot of Patent Scrutinizers to sell?

• if you haven’t done the Nadir yet, you can burn up a lot of Revolutionaries connection on getting a Ray-Drenched Cinder from them on your way in

• or you can eliminate all Revolutionaries connections in one stroke if you get rid of whoever you’re closest to right now, then become closest to the Revolutionaries, then betray the Revolutionaries. That will take three draws of a connection card, however, and will also get you… pretty much nothing.

You could wait for christmas instead, pretty sure that isn’t a requirement then

[quote=metasynthie]Other ways to get rid of Revolutionaries:

• an always-available way that earns you nothing: get Turncoat up to 4 by earning Boxfuls of Intrigue in Spite, but switching sides back and forth. Get rid of Turncoat by spending 100 CP of Revolutionaries; repeat.

• if you have lots of Church and Urchins you can turn all three connections into research for a scientific expedition, 100 CP at a time (for each)

• burning a lot of actions but at least doing something: convert tons of Luminosity items upwards, but that’ll be something like 10-20 CP loss per action. At least you will end up with a lot of Patent Scrutinizers to sell?

• if you haven’t done the Nadir yet, you can burn up a lot of Revolutionaries connection on getting a Ray-Drenched Cinder from them on your way in

• or you can eliminate all Revolutionaries connections in one stroke if you get rid of whoever you’re closest to right now, then become closest to the Revolutionaries, then betray the Revolutionaries. That will take three draws of a connection card, however, and will also get you… pretty much nothing.[/quote]

Thanks a lot! I totally forgot about the Affair of the Box, as I mostly built up intrigue by way of conflict cards. As for the Nadir, I am currently closest to the revolutionaries, and I got tons of connection by selling the cave location to them -_-

I didn’t want to wait for Christmas since I’ve basically run through all content, and this seems much more rewarding. I’ll get the other 5 card lodgings at Christmas

Oh, then wouldn’t that make the process simpler? Just draw their connection card and break all ties with them! Kick those bomb-throwers out of your parlour! :) Unless, of course, you want to reduce and not nuke your connections with them.

You can keep ~65 CP and still get the Spire-Emporium, but given that you can get around that much by shooing Rubbery Men away from a well twice, I’m not sure it’s worth finagling a bunch of actions for precision. I’d say just draw the Revolutionaries card and thwart their operation – it’s one of the cheaper connections to lose since it only costs 1 Compromising Document. And hey, if you happen to have a high Daring you can report back on what the Daring cap is for that action :D

That was the whole problem, I just can’t seem to draw the bl__dy card after 2 weeks, even though it’s supposed to have standard frequency