Getting closer to the Liberation of Night?

I’d like to see Liberation of Night content, but on an individual basis. You want to see the Liberation of Night? You get to see it happen. Don’t want the Liberation of Night? You get to help stop it. A collaborative event would be interesting, but also make me feel like I don’t have much of a say in what happens. It doesn’t really help that I was hoping to see both sides of things eventually.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 3/12/2016

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=Mirrorhouse]It’s very chilling to think about the aggregate effect of everyone advancing the LoN. For most players it’s inevitable you will be contributing to that cause. I really don’t like what the revolutionists are doing but for certain things I do need their items and connections.

Maybe there will be something to offset the advancement of LoN. Maybe we can choose to sabotage them someday. Or maybe I’ll just betray them terribly whenever I get the chance… yes…[/quote]

Knowing what machinations the LoN will accomplish is chilling.
Knowing what machinations the LoN will prevent, even moreso.[/quote]

Please explain.

Do not go gentle into the Liberation of the Night;
Londoners, refute what Revolutionaries say.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though cowled, cloaked Masters rule by might
And for Bazaar transgressions make us pay,
Do not go gentle into the Liberation of the Night.

Stolen without consent by bats in flight,
And still, if our Queen is a pawn to betray,

But even now by gas and glim we have our sight,
And with fervent loving fever grasp and seize the day.
Do not go gentle into the Liberation of the Night.

Blackness foul and never ending is our plight
With innocents tortured if they have their way:

And you, encaverned London, never stop the fight,
Cling to life and love with your fierce heart, I pray.
Do not go gentle into the Liberation of Night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.[li]
edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 6/9/2017[/li][li]
edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 6/10/2017

1 Like

I’d rather embrace Lady black than assist the Liberation of the night. @Trilby, one of the supremacy endings of sunless sea shows what happens if the liberation succeeds, and its not pretty.

Speaking of Liberation of Night content…

There’s a CP counter now! How handy. Maybe soon, we’ll even be able to decrease it!

Edit: Swapped for a screenshot of just the liberation of night increase.
edited by Yeah on 6/10/2017

[quote=folklore364]one of the supremacy endings of sunless sea shows what happens if the liberation succeeds, and its not pretty.[/quote]&quotThe Monkey-Emperor’s Wrath&quot and &quotFear walks the streets of London&quot aren’t so much &quotnot pretty&quot as they are downright harrowing. And it’s not even a complete Liberation, because there’s still light beyond London. There is a certain place in Fallen London where one may glimpse what a total Liberation of Night could be like, and it’s even worse.

But why are they so obsessed with light? If universal blindness would be freeing, why not also a Liberation of Silence, or Numbness, or Tastelessness? Buncha hypocrites, those anarchists.

[quote=Anchovies]But why are they so obsessed with light? If universal blindness would be freeing, why not also a Liberation of Silence, or Numbness, or Tastelessness? Buncha hypocrites, those anarchists.[/quote]Because light is Law, and the Liberation i[/i] brings the death of the laws as enforced by the Judgements - linear time, the laws of physics, the Great Chain, etc.

I’d imagine you’re right to say that a Liberation of Silence or such thing would have to follow for the revolutionaries to achieve their goal, though. In anarchy, there will always be those who enforce their will and become the very tyrants the anarchists sought to destroy, and the Liberation seems to do just that.

Either way, Sunless Skies promises a new look at this …

On the other side, as we’ve seen in Zubmariner DLC, Liberation might as well be inevitable thing that is already happening, regardless of Revolutionaries and their efforts. The way I understood the segment in question, Liberation might as well be more about “freeing” some sort of Anti-Law, than achieveing the state of complete absence of it.

Mass conversion used to not advance the Liberation of Night. I was able to successfully test beetle conversion, which still doesn’t; I don’t currently have enough beeswax to test that mass conversion, however, and I need my actions to play through all the Exceptional Stories I missed over the last few months.

Its hard to say, as the liberation of the night goes on basically removing the judgement from power and removing all light. With their absence well we’ve seen what the iron republic is like, and the endings in sunless sea that show a snap shot london being either trashed, or paralyzed with fear. By the way with the zubmariner DLC are you referring to one ending for the cigarette maker?

YOU ARE SEEN.

[quote=Azothi]Either way, Sunless Skies promises a new look at this …[/quote]Indeed. The premise apparently involves the ongoing disappearance or death of certain stars. Perhaps the culprit is a power aligned with the Liberation, or a separate but ideologically equivalent group.

[quote=Azothi]In anarchy, there will always be those who enforce their will and become the very tyrants the anarchists sought to destroy, and the Liberation seems to do just that.[/quote]In what we’ve been shown of Sunless Skies’s High Wilderness, that exact scenario seems to have occurred. A Judgement dies or disappears, and Queen Victoria seizes the vacant Throne of Hours. Distant, uncaring cosmic entities may seem downright gregarious next to a jealous, capricious mortal with the same powers.

[quote=BlabberingMat]Liberation might as well be more about &quotfreeing&quot some sort of Anti-Law, than achieveing the state of complete absence of it.[/quote]Of course! There can be no Night except as the precursor to Dawn. The suns are dead! Long live the SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN