Getting cards with too low stat requirements.

For the last few days I have been getting cards that require 20 or 30 in a stat while all my stats are 140/130.

The thing that seems to connect these cards is that they all also need Connected: Criminals 10. Mine is 34.

A few examples of these cards: The smugglers’ grave, Drown an informant.

It seems like a bug to me. Does anyone have the same experience?

[color=#009900]It’s not a bug. We’re shifting and increasing the use of these cards. You’ll find that they’re now a relatively effective way of trading in Connected; and the stories on them will be expanding.[/color]

Thanks Alexis!

Their rewards have greatly increased too. I do enjoy getting 200 glim or 250 souls at a go. Good move, Failbetter!

I quite agree! I’m wondering whether there will be options for other contacts than criminals, however?
I’m unable to check Connected:Hell, or Connected:The Masters since I’m pretty actively destroying those qualities…

(Btw, anyone know something I could do to remove the last 1-2 cps I got in connected:Hell? I can’t find many options to cash it in at those values.)
(So far I’ve been robbing the bazaar since it drains on a failure, but casing takes quite a few actions…)
edited by Aximillio on 12/20/2012

I’m pretty sure the cap for the Old Bone Skeleton Key has been lowered from 20 to 15, presumably to make it harder to get the Connected: Criminals back.

On the other hand, the “new” (not a latest addition, but it wasn’t there originally) option on the Smoky Flophouse card (the one where you protect a guy from Jack-of-Smiles) gives a good amount, and some Revolutionaries too. I think it requires the Key to a Smoky Flophouse, but that’s relatively cheap ^^