Free Mirrorcatch Boxes, Limited in Supply!

I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, but with Monday signalling the end of Knife-and-Candle for now, I’d like to take up the chance for a few people. I have roughly 107 Mirrorcatch Boxes, and I’d like for anyone who wants one to take one before Monday. I only have 8 tokens left at the moment, so that leaves a limited time for anyone who wants one to get one. Simply enter the Iron League and swipe a box from me while you can. I’ll probably do this again after K&C returns assuming that they still play a factor in the newer version of the game, so don’t worry if you’re not able to get one yet. Enjoy!

EDIT: Good news, mirror snatches don’t consume tokens! Keep repeatedly stabbing me for your benefit!
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 4/17/2016

I would like to snatch one of them if any remain. Sorry if this next question is ignorant, but I just joined K&C yesterday. How do I initiate an attack? Do I have to wait for an opportunity card?

No problem, you have to learn somewhere afterall. You can initiate an attack by having A Sense of Urgency that allows you to either change your form (aka different K&C stats) or start an attack. Since it’ll probably be a while until you get that (it usually takes a week roughly) and K&C is going on hiatus soon, you have to either wait for The Western Tower card, The Tower of Sun and Moon card, The Lofty Tower card, A Polite Invitation card, The Soft-Hearted Widow card, An Implausible Penance card, A Little Omen card, or A Dusty Bookshop card. These cards have options that lead to the equivalent of the Sense of Urgency storylet. You’ll know it by the 0 action cost and the needed quality requiring being a member of K&C. After that you’ll be able to choose which attack you want and you’ll have an option to do a mirrorsnatch that requires 1 Favours in High Places. It’s a baroque challenge and mine is at 60, so try boosting yours up be either achieving the Impeccable Egg form or buying a Brass Ring and wearing it to boost it by 5 points. Hopefully luck will be on your side and you’ll be able to beat me and reach your prize. I’m going to see if I can challenge you to a duel with a mirrorsnatch in the hopes of losing just to test if my loss means you’ll receive my box. Good luck, friend!

I’m pretty sure you can’t steal boxes if you have any already.

We can only hope that there aren’t 102 more people in the Iron League with nothing to do.

Ah, duly noted.

102 restless souls that are all able to create a Favour in High Places, get the opportunity to attack me, and have the luck to win, all before Monday. Honestly, I’d be too busy being happy about the wonderful absurdity of the situation to be upset.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 4/17/2016

May I inquire on how you have acquired such an astounding amount of cubic light storage?

Do you lose your form if you lose your last iron token? Earlier yesterday I used an omen card to take bat form, but was then knocked out by a random attack from someone. I bought another token after that, but do I have to wait for another chance to assume a form?

Oh dear, the question is how many people will even get time, the healer, or those cards in such a short amount of time, even worse if you were in the moon league, oh well, may everyone have a box by the end!

I had to leave a moon league duel(the opponent was taking his sweet, sweet time), enter the moon league, waste my only Favour, all for the Mirrorsnatch to fail.

Gladly! During the Cut With Moonlight Exceptional Story, you have the chance to buy Sunlight-Filled Mirrorcatch Boxes which you can then use to obtain a normal Mirrorcatch Box at the cost of the sunlight filled one. With each light boxed used, you received 1 point of A Touch of the Upstairs about You quality. I thought about this for a second, then proceeded to spend a day and a half grinding to purchase the boxes, open them, and access all the story related to them until I had 100 of the quality left. The 107 boxes were the end result of this pointless fun.

[color=#c2c2c2]
[/color]

I had to leave a moon league duel(the opponent was taking his sweet, sweet time), enter the moon league, waste my only Favour, all for the Mirrorsnatch to fail.[/quote]
Yeah, my impromptu session of K&C fun doesn’t really leave a lot of time for others since it will no doubt catch them off guard. I’ve been wanting to do this ever since Parelle suggested the idea to me, but life responsibilities made it into one of those &quotto do later&quot things that you never get done. With news of K&C going into hiatus, I decided to put this out there in the hopes that at least a few people could benefit from it before the whole thing gets put on the brakes.

Sorry about that, someone else also had the unfortunate luck to lose with me. Feel free to retry if you can and still want to. I recommend getting the Impeccable Egg form should obtaining forms not be a lengthy process for you, and maybe purchase a Brass Ring to hopefully offset the damnable RNG. I’ll be keeping my Baroque at 60 onto Monday when the hiatus begins, so hopefully people will still have the chance to snag one before things close down.

Gladly! During the Cut With Moonlight Exceptional Story, you have the chance to buy Sunlight-Filled Mirrorcatch Boxes which you can then use to obtain a normal Mirrorcatch Box at the cost of the sunlight filled one. With each light boxed used, you received 1 point of A Touch of the Upstairs about You quality. I thought about this for a second, then proceeded to spend a day and a half grinding to purchase the boxes, open them, and access all the story related to them until I had 100 of the quality left. The 107 boxes were the end result of this pointless fun.

[color=#c2c2c2]
[/color]

I had to leave a moon league duel(the opponent was taking his sweet, sweet time), enter the moon league, waste my only Favour, all for the Mirrorsnatch to fail.[/quote]
Yeah, my impromptu session of K&C fun doesn’t really leave a lot of time for others since it will no doubt catch them off guard. I’ve been wanting to do this ever since Parelle suggested the idea to me, but life responsibilities made it into one of those &quotto do later&quot things that you never get done. With news of K&C going into hiatus, I decided to put this out there in the hopes that at least a few people could benefit from it before the whole thing gets put on the brakes.

Sorry about that, someone else also had the unfortunate luck to lose with me. Feel free to retry if you can and still want to. I recommend getting the Impeccable Egg form should obtaining forms not be a lengthy process for you, and maybe purchase a Brass Ring to hopefully offset the damnable RNG. I’ll be keeping my Baroque at 60 onto Monday when the hiatus begins, so hopefully people will still have the chance to snag one before things close down.[/quote]

Alas, such things happen. I even had the right form, but the many strings of destiny guid me away from the marvellous shine of sunlight and cubicles containing such.

Having grabbed one luckily I had something amusing happen. It’s possible to send an invite to a Moon League duel, hop to the iron league, use a sense of urgency to gain a form, a dusty bookshop to attack, and then go back to the Moon League. Thing is, transferring from Iron to Moon clears your form, but having sent an invite, if it’s accepted you’ll gain 10 Savage. This allows you to increase your Savage in the duel - all while not having a form! So I obviously lost the Moon Duel, but it was amusing :)

That is pretty badass. I wonder how that would even function lore-wise.

Yep, it’s possible to be in a duel without a form. I once lost a duel by foolishly heading out to zee after making my final move, clearing my form and stats - then being ambushed mid-ocean for a loss.

Though it won’t make a huge difference, you could use any Counterfeit Heads and Giggling Mandrakes on hand to reduce your Baroque further.
edited by Optimatum on 4/17/2016

Does using the mandrake/counterfeit head use them up? Or can they be reused?

[quote=Optimatum]Yep, it’s possible to be in a duel without a form. I once lost a duel by foolishly heading out to zee after making my final move, clearing my form and stats - then being ambushed mid-ocean for a loss.

Though it won’t make a huge difference, you could use any Counterfeit Heads and Giggling Mandrakes on hand to reduce your Baroque further.
edited by Optimatum on 4/17/2016[/quote]

Sadly, I don’t have anymore of those items due to random players stabbing me and looting them. Oh well, them’s the risks of Iron League I suppose.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure it eats them up whenever you use them. I haven’t used them in a while, though, so that could be false.

So far somewhere between 4-5 people have failed in their snatches. Sorry guys, I wish the RNG would be easier on this, but oh well. Hopefully that’ll be worked out some in the future reincarnation of K&C. Good luck to everyone still aiming for a box!

Using the exotica for stat boosts, quirk polishing, or other purposes does consume them, yes.

Also for those trying to snatch, if it’s calculated the same way as other K&C attacks a Baroque of 120 should give you a guaranteed win, being twice 60. So using some Nephrite Lenses yourselves may help, a little.
edited by Optimatum on 4/17/2016

And so the timely, if not violent, tradition of Knife and Candle draws to a close. Blades are sheathed, candles are snuffed, and battle plans look to the game’s future. Thanks to everyone who participated in getting a box, and I hope you are satisfied!