Forum upgrade

Hi all,

We’ve just upgraded to the latest version of Jitbit forum, which for the most part should not make any significant changes aside from some improvements to the layout.

One thing it has allowed us to do is introduce spoiler tags! you can now use [spoiler]spoiler tags[*/spoiler] (remove the * to make them work) to hide content you don’t want people to see immediately.

Hey, who told you that you could look at this?!

Many thanks,

Liam

Hooray! Thanks!

Now new players can worry less about treading lightly in threads. They’ll be able to avoid advanced content bombs better.

EDIT: I edited an old post moments ago to include spoiler tags. The code doesn’t translate to a spoiler box in Preview mode, but it does appear properly as a box when you actually post the message. Sadly, nothing appears when you click the spoiler box. It only refreshes the page.

testing testing

I’ve written the words &quottesting testing&quot within the spoiler box above.
edited by Zeedee on 5/1/2013

This appears to be displaying properly for me. Could you send me a private message with details about your browser/operating system?

many thanks,

Liam

Also, the Fallen London cameos have been added as default avatars for the forum.

[quote=Zeedee]Hooray! Thanks!

Now new players can worry less about treading lightly in threads. They’ll be able to avoid advanced content bombs better.

EDIT: I edited an old post moments ago to include spoiler tags. The code doesn’t translate to a spoiler box in Preview mode, but it does appear properly as a box when you actually post the message. Sadly, nothing appears when you click the spoiler box. It only refreshes the page.

testing testing

I’ve written the words &quottesting testing&quot within the spoiler box above.
edited by Zeedee on 5/1/2013[/quote]
Seems to work for me.[li]

It wasn’t working for me before, but it’s perfectly fine now.

Ooh, strange. I’ve got the same experience as Sara… Nothing happened earlier, but it does work now! :)

Ah fantastic! Well, please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Liam

[quote=Liam Welton]Ah fantastic! Well, please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Liam[/quote]

[li]Are we supposed to get a bullet when we quote people? Just wondering…[/li]

[quote=Aximillio][quote=Liam Welton]Ah fantastic! Well, please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Liam[/quote]

Are we supposed to get a bullet when we quote people? Just wondering…[/quote]

If you want to get rid of the bullet switch to source and delete the [*li][/*li] code.

Hurrah! What more is there to say?

HURRAH!

Right now the forum indexes (indicis?) don’t show which threads are sticky or which threads have new posts since my last visit. Both were there in the old version. Have these gone the way of the dodo?

Edit: the links to the pages of a thread are now only at the bottom of the page; having them back on top again as well would be rather nice.
edited by Corran on 5/2/2013

A shame that the forum now goes by “posted x minutes/hours/days ago”, instead of a precise time. I liked how it did that.

I personally disliked that very much, as I’m in a different time zone.

A few suggestions for your consideration, please:

1. Give registered users the abilities to set a precise time display and to choose their own time zone.

2. Bring back the Clay Man smiley faces! I know we only had one, but it was a good one. Someone also made a sad, teary one. (Saharan, didn’t you use it before? I adored it.) A set of Clay Men emoticons* would increase the joy of browsing this fine forum tenfold – nay, perhaps a hundredfold. Anyone who disagrees might well be a *******. (It’s the k-word.)

3. Place an additional &quotAdd Reply&quot button at the bottom of the page.

*I pledge to sponsor Mr. Arendt’s Clay Man emoticon art project if he chooses to start one. I will give him $5. Hey, okay, it’s not a whopping amount, but he can buy a premium cup of coffee with that kind of money!!

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, making changes to the core forum functionality is complicated given that it isn’t developed in-house at Failbetter Games. Those changes that are possible are often time-consuming and our development priorities are to our games and the StoryNexus platform in general.

I’m going to close this thread, but do please get in touch with any bugs through support@storynexus.com