First thoughts!

Yes, and I notice when I buy supplies it doesn’t alleviate the hunger – we can’t use them immediately. I’ve more than once bought crisis supplies but have still gotten the starvation/cannibalism option but no option to eat the copies stores I splurged on.

I’m posting this before reading any of the post to give my unfiltered first impressions. It was real fun to discover Tanah-Chook!

What I’ve seen so far is great so know that I am loving it even if most of what I talk about are bugs/improvements/etc.

I’m sure many of the things below are already on your to do list.

UI:

(Leading with this cause it’s a pet peeve of mine; games these days get it wrong so often. I wrote eleven pages of bug reports for Neverwinter Nights 2; at least half were UI things. They really improved the UI down the road though.)

It’s great how pressing a shortcut key again closes the window you were in; so many games today fail to do this. One strange thing: the Gazeteer button at the bottom of the screen opens but does not close the Gazeteer whereas Options are both opened and closed.

Under Options the buttons are Cancel - Accept; not the other way around as it is in other menus (and in Windows and most other programs).

The mousepointer points to the other side then in most games (and Windows). On purpose?

The mousewheel unfortunately does not scroll text in the Gazeteer or elsewhere. I hope this will be added soon!

Cut off text in Journal: “Your acquantaince, the Plausible Surgeon, will serve as ship’s”. The last ‘s’ is only half shown (because the space is reserved for a scrollbar?). This happens on more occasions.

The font looks just a little out of focus to me (maybe more so in windowed mode?). Size: a tad larger would be better for me (I’m sure it depends on screen/window size and personal preference). It would be great if we could set our own preferred size.

Moody’s Light keeps rotating when the game is paused.

Even though there are multiple clues to indicate the game is paused it still trips me up. FTL might go a little overboard with their PAUSED but some kind of text that doesn’t cover most of the screen might be nice. (Having a 28" screen does have detriments.)

It would be very handy to have a shortcut key for Dock (and Launch) so you don’t have to grab the mouse when you are steering into port.

Some kind of indication of what text on a page is new (as often only half changes) would also be nice, maybe a different color for the text or a line delineating the change.

It would help if the logbook (maybe the Gazeteer as well?) could be resized. It’s also very hard to scroll right now. Maybe make arrow keys work in it when it has focus?

That said, it was really nice to find out you can move the Gazeteer across the screen. It would be amazing if you could let us move the other UI pieces around as well.

The blue/purple in the fuel bar at the top of the screen is nearly invisible for me, only by hovering did I notice at first it was there.

The 100/100 under the telegraph has no mouse over text to explain what those numbers mean.

Gameplay:

It seems that your current % goes to zero when docking; I don’t think I read anything about this in the hints.

And this leads to a weird kind of game over: I played for over two hours and then docked at Hunter’s Keep with no fuel drums left. I can’t buy any there; now I can’t retire or even get a proper game over so I can continue with a legacy.

That was my second attempt; in the first I ate my last crewmember literally inside Wolfstack Docks, seconds before the Docks button would appear. In that game I saw multiple sea monsters and pirates, I fought one monster. I chose to continue with the map of the first game and in those two hours didn’t see a single enemy; is this because they don’t spawn on discovered parts of the map?

Typos, etc.:

Talking with Plausible Surgeon the first time, two spaces missing: Aboutsecrets, veryfavourite.

‘How can I go faster?’ in the Gazeteer has a ‘Close Gazeteer’ button and not a Continue button like the other help texts.

Zee-speciments? Typo or intentional?

University: You are now (strong)Naturalist(/strong). (They are html but I changed it cause of the forums not liking them.)

So far, I love it! Some thoughts/ INCREDIBLY minor nitpicks:

• The music came out very, very good.
  • You said Narrative is only 20%, but that’s a very strong 20.
  • It’s a little annoying I can’t scroll on the Gazette.
  • On a similar note- is it just me, or does returning to port with a half-full tank result in my hair-brained captain throwing the rest out?
  • I like that you can’t buy secrets, but I would have liked a narrative reason why the Captain can’t pop down to the Bazaar to rustle up some from Crawcase Cryptics. Again, I understand it would break the mystery gathering aspect, but still.
  • Maybe you could make the menace numbers colored? I’ve been playing FL too long and when I saw Horror reach 8 I panicked. But then, not all players are doofuses, so maybe that’s a low priority.

Hey all, just posting my first thoughts.[li]

First, great job so far. Really loving the general look and feel of the game; it really captures the Fallen London feel. And the music is great.

But, a few problems.

First, I’ve been playing Fallen London for years (from way back when it was just &quotEcho Bazaar&quot )and have always used Twitter authentication to log in. (Back when you used to get a bonus for echoing content to Twitter.) There was no way for me to log in using my Twitter account so I finally had to register my email. (So you know who I am now. :) )

Also on logging in, I couldn’t use TAB to switch between the User ID and Password fields.

Once in I noticed that I couldn’t use the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll through the windows. Dragging the scroll bar worked. Annoying, but usable.

Then, like a couple of people here, I started by taking a load of Tomb Colonists up to Venderbight, only to have the game lock up as soon as I docked. The &quotchoose your background&quot window popped up and I couldn’t do anything except alt-TAB out and force quit. The various menus and such reacted to my mouse rolling over them and highlighted to clicks and such but didn’t do anything.

And Hunter’s Island seemed so much further away when I visited in my Zee Clipper.

Anyway, first impressions. Looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.[/li][li]
edited by PaleoGamer on 4/30/2014

First things first, this is super cool. I killed an eel, butchered it, and found an eolith inside a fish inside another fish inside it. I zailed North and my crew all ate each other. I zailed somewhere else and got murdered by pirates shortly before my crew finished eating each other. It looks like there’s a lot of cool stuff.

That said, onto the bugs…

-I zailed straight off the map. At the northern edge of the map I managed to maneuver my steamer through some ice caps, and then the screen stopped scrolling and my ship went right out of the window. Maybe I could’ve turned around? I still had horizontal scroll and it sounded like my ship was working, but everyone ate each other while I was trying to get it back.
-Choosing a background causes the choices to repeat the next time you dock. This has happened when I made the choice at the beginning of the game and when I made the choice while talking to my crew. When I made the choice while docked at Mutton Island I could leave, but the bug caught up to me when I docked again at Hunter’s Keep.
-The Naturalist has some very strong tags around her (or is it his?) name.
-The very right edge of text tends to get cut off on the Gazetteer.
-After you’ve made your first choice in combat, all the options refresh at the same rate.
-If you run out of fuel at a dock and can’t get more, it seems like all you can do is restart or wait for your crew to starve. This is compounded by the next couple of issues…
-Docking consumes all the remaining fuel in your boiler. Launching and redocking eats an entire barrel as it’s loaded into the boiler and then lost.
-Docking at Hunter’s Keep would occasionally bring up the London locale and shops, forcing you to launch and redock to see the appropriate choices.

And things that probably aren;t really bugs but seemed annoying, weird, or unfun…
-Your zailors go through supplies much faster than the boiler goes through fuel, and once you’re out of food menace events occur pretty much constantly.
-Between the hungry hungry zailors and throwing all your fuel into the zee when you dock, it’s pretty hard to get anywhere. Even going to Venderbight and back costs almost as many echoes in fuel and supplies as you make from dropping off tomb colonists and selling port reports.
-The officer portraits make it kind of hard to tell where you’re going when you’re zailing north-east.
-Some of the placeholder monsters (I found a midnight whale and behemoustache) send you to a Hunter’s Keep event?
-Crabs outside London are a great source of supplies, but often there just aren’t any around. Someone else guessed this might have something to do with legacy charts? Which would explain it for me since I’ve been carrying over my chart fairly often.

Locked up again, this time docking at Hunter’s Keep. I hadn’t picked a background at first and made a couple of runs to Venderbight then went through one after a conversation option with my engineer. Then as soon as I docked at Hunter’s Keep this happened.[li]

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3317209670569184372/6C0880CFC9E50B95E46B7113CACF651600077962/

It says I shipwrecked and was lost with all hands, so maybe that was a random event? But it has happened every time I dock for the first time after selecting a background.

Same as before; things react to the mouse passing over them but won’t react to clicks and I have to force-quit.

I had a lot of fun but I did notice that my peeps resorted to cannibalism really quickly. They missed two meals and the card popped up, then I made it back to London and loaded up on supplies but while I was out another member went &quotmissing&quot. After resolving that the card popped up three times, no pause between, while I was literally doing nothing! Just docked. I imagine my poor captain standing in the doorway still holding groceries and nodding the first time like,
&quotYeah sure missing, anything else?&quot &quotWell actually there’s a couple more…&quot
edited by IndigoInsane on 4/30/2014

[quote=Sackville]
-I zailed straight off the map. At the northern edge of the map I managed to maneuver my steamer through some ice caps, and then the screen stopped scrolling and my ship went right out of the window. Maybe I could’ve turned around? I still had horizontal scroll and it sounded like my ship was working, but everyone ate each other while I was trying to get it back.[/quote]
Hey, that’s North for ya. ;)[li]

Well, I am loving it, though I’ve had a few odd experiences:[li]

-The emptying fuel drums is a real pain.
-Are all our sailors Seekers? That’s the only possible explanation for 8 men being able to eat an entire crate of ship’s rations every 50 seconds. Even if the timeframe is not 1:1, by the game timeline I’ve managed to eat 9 crates of food in less than 12 hours so far. Hunger really needs to be rebalanced.
-Hunter’s Keep: if you bring them news (like they ask you), then the entire island burns down and kills everyone. That seems to either be a bug, or an intentional choice to keep you from farming the island for supplies, but as it is it’s pretty much mandatory to do so, since the cost of fuel (which is constantly lost by docking), and supplies (which apparently have the nourishment value of air) ensure that you are just about forced to always stop there for the free food.

Impressions from my first forty minutes or so of gameplay ever.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how the keyboard controls of the ship work. I know that you use the W D S A keys, like in most games, and I expect that W will make my ship go towards the top of the screen. It does not appear to do so. Then I thought that maybe W made my ship go in whatever direction the pointy part of the ship was facing (highly nautical term, &quotpointy part&quot), but that doesn’t seem to be it either. I did navigate a little, mostly by accident, and I ended up docking at the Tomb Colonies by the simple expedient of repeatedly crashing into the shoreline to help change direction when needed.[li]

I did not have what I would consider enough supplies or fuel on hand when I left FL, but I had purchased all I could afford. I did not see any opportunities for earning even a little money at either the TC or FL. I have 1 or 2 fuel and 2 supplies, and there probably is no way I can make it back to FL from the Colonies on that. This may be more of a problem since I couldn’t steer – maybe the trip isn’t as long when you can.

I couldn’t tell which way was north, but then, I also didn’t look at the chart. Perhaps that clears things up?

IIRC, I had to pay to get the tomb colonists to transport. Shouldn’t there be no fee to pick them up, since they’re asking for a service and there are no ways to make money? It was choose between a job or food. Maybe you’re supposed to choose food? But you don’t start with enough echos to make a very big difference…

Some things kept getting cut off on the right-hand side of my Gazetteer. For instance, the secrets in my inventory were barely visible, and I think I was missing some text.

The battle mechanic was a little confusing, since I couldn’t tell how a battle was triggered at first. Is there any way to trigger one yourself?

When I quit the game (told it to quit and then told the pop-up menu yes, I was sure I wanted to quit), the music went quiet and nothing happened. It took a little while (probably about a minute or so) to close out, but with no response I thought that maybe I hadn’t clicked the button correctly, or perhaps the game had frozen. Maybe a graphic or message or progress bar or something would help with that?

The music is lovely and atmospheric, and the look is very nice. I played with all the lights on (because they were on already, not because I thought it would be scary), and there didn’t appear to be any diminishing of quality. I will try with the lights off next time. The download was easy, and it seems to run nicely on my older (refurbished 2006) Mac running Snow Leopard.

first Thoughts: Some. But it’s really late (or early) here, so I’ll postpone til’morrow. But i’d like to mention a) the repeated background-choice and lock-up bug once more (see first page) and b)…

I’m running into galleys (from the looks, there be rows of oars…) and upon meeting them, I mysteriously have an encounter with a certain yellow-eyed servant in my… caboose? Upon concluding this the galley in question switches to reverse gear - or gets pushed around by my steamer, I’m not certain - and just plays the dead shellfish.

And I also really like the looks and feel so far. And i’m tired. So more later.

Edit: I was wrong about the ‘dead shellfish’ part. That encounter keeps appearing if i stick around those galleys long enough.
edited by Reshemin on 4/30/2014

[quote=Esmerelda Hobbes]Impressions from my first forty minutes or so of gameplay ever.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how the keyboard controls of the ship work. I know that you use the W D S A keys, like in most games, and I expect that W will make my ship go towards the top of the screen. It does not appear to do so. Then I thought that maybe W made my ship go in whatever direction the pointy part of the ship was facing (highly nautical term, &quotpointy part&quot), but that doesn’t seem to be it either. I did navigate a little, mostly by accident, and I ended up docking at the Tomb Colonies by the simple expedient of repeatedly crashing into the shoreline to help change direction when needed.[li]
[/quote]

[/li][li]Hehe, I think you’re trying to make it too difficult ;)[/li][li]
[/li][li]W = forward speed. You can go to power 1 (press W once, aka half-speed) or power 2 (press W twice, aka full speed).[/li][li]S = reverse speed. So, if you’re at full speed and press S then you’ll slow to half-speed. Press again and you’ll stop (slowly, inertia/water etc). Press again and you’ll reverse at half-speed, etc.[/li][li]A and D do the steering. A turns you left (port) or right (starboard), relative to your prow (the front of the ship).[/li][li]
[/li][li]Hope that helps :)[/li][li]

[quote=mejis][li]
[/li][li]W = forward speed. You can go to power 1 (press W once, aka half-speed) or power 2 (press W twice, aka full speed).[/li][li]S = reverse speed. So, if you’re at full speed and press S then you’ll slow to half-speed. Press again and you’ll stop (slowly, inertia/water etc). Press again and you’ll reverse at half-speed, etc.[/li][li]A and D do the steering. A turns you left (port) or right (starboard), relative to your prow (the front of the ship).[/li][li]
[/li][li]Hope that helps :)[/li][li][/quote]

[/li][li]Thanks! :) Yeah, if there’s an easy way and a hard way, I’ll always pick the hard way, thinking it’s the easy way. sigh That explanation certainly makes sense, and I will test it out tomorrow, when I am more awake.[/li][li]
[/li][li]It would be handy if there was a little explanatory bit, like a &quotLearn Your Ship In Two Easy Lessons, by the author of Sea Monsters I Have Eaten&quot or something. Something in your inventory you could use to learn the controls if you wanted, or sell for one Echo if you didn’t want. I am rather dumb, and I would want.[/li][li][/li][li]
edited by Esmerelda Hobbes on 4/30/2014

[quote=Esmerelda Hobbes][quote=mejis][li]
[/li][li]Hope that helps :)[/li][li][/quote]

[/li][li]Thanks! :) Yeah, if there’s an easy way and a hard way, I’ll always pick the hard way, thinking it’s the easy way. sigh That explanation certainly makes sense, and I will test it out tomorrow, when I am more awake.[/li][li]
[/li][li]It would be handy if there was a little explanatory bit, like a &quotLearn Your Ship In Two Easy Lessons, by the author of Sea Monsters I Have Eaten&quot or something. Something in your inventory you could use to learn the controls if you wanted, or sell for one Echo if you didn’t want. I am rather dumb, and I would want.[/li][li][/li][li]
edited by Esmerelda Hobbes on 4/30/2014[/quote]

[/li]You’re not dumb at all, I often find myself looking for the hard way too![li]

When I started the game there was a help pop-up that appeared in the bottom right of the screen and stayed there.
If you clicked on it, there were various written tutorials you can read (e.g. how to control the ship, how to do combat, etc). Hopefully it’ll appear for you too when you next have a go.

The one thing that odds me out is the scale of the map vs. the actual game. (That, and suddenly my zee-voyages in Fallen London seem oddly long. ;) ) I do love the entire thing, though. Huzzah!

I’m ever-so-slowly inching out, building up a small profit while coping with the apparent fuel bug. The profit margins for buying/selling goods between Venderbight and London may be small, but if I build up enough Echoes, I can easily start turning a decent profit. That’ll let me buy enough supplies to start pushing out further.

Most people here have already pointed out stuff I would like to see changed, but I’m just going to add emphasis to two things:
[li]I’m also a veteran FL player and have only ever signed in with Twitter, so the step of registering my e-mail address in order to sign into Sunless Sea was not well-communicated.[/li][li]I think ports should be made MUCH more obvious. I’ve been zailing around like an idiot for ages with no idea where I can land and where I can’t, which led to me becoming quite frustrated that a) I could find very little to do and b) there appeared to be no way to make money so I could restock on supplies and fuel.

Also, the right-facing cursor doesn’t bother me that much, but what does bother me is that the way it’s &quotattached&quot to tooltips means it tends to overlap the text when one pops up.

And finally, lifebergs are scary. ;_;[/li][li]
edited by Eliza Cromlech on 4/30/2014

First impressions: I’ve been playing Fallen London since it was Echo Bazaar and required either Twitter or Facebook to log in and have been looking forward to this game since I learned about the Kickstarter, so I was full of wriggly anticipation. I am uncertain if this game is meant to be a Rogue-like, Call of Cthulu-esque, &quotyou can die swiftly with glory or slowly covered in ignominy all while going gibbering mad&quot type of game, but I’ve managed to starve my crew several times, operated at significantly elevated levels of terror for myself and my crew, and died horribly to an albino moray so far. If that’s to be expected, then I’ll most likely start experimenting more with backgrounds and choices with a bit more of a devil-may-care attitude rather than attempting to sculpt a story for my Captain while playing the beta.

Audio:

• I love the music! [/li][li]Most of the ambient sounds seem pretty decent, although running my ship aground sounds a bit like a tin can … maybe it’s because I still have such a cheap ship though…

UI:
[li]

• The ability to tab from the username to the password box would be quite nice.[/li][li]Being able to increase the size of the ship’s log would make my eyes much happier, plus I wouldn’t feel like I was missing out on story due to text scrolling up so quickly and there not being an easy way to scroll up and down… if there is an easy way then perhaps I need to get my eyes checked, or else borrow my grandmother’s magnifying glass. In case this is affected by resolution, I am playing at 1920x1200.[/li][li]clicking on the lights button does nothing?[/li][li]Both text and icons are frequently cut off along the right margin of the Gazetteer. It makes me feel as though I ought to be able to scroll sideways on a page as well as up and down.[/li][li]Can you dock somewhere that doesn’t actually look like a dock? There were a couple of islands I thought would be interesting to explore but there doesn’t seem to be a way to tromp around on them. Considering the death toll of my games so far perhaps that’s a blessing in disguise…[/li][li]Occasionally, the &quotassign&quot button from the Officers tab will stay on the screen after closing the Gazetteer… opening and closing it a few times and hovering over the buttons mostly seemed to clear that up after a bit of frustrated clicking of all the things.[/li][li]There doesn’t seem to be any text on the Location tab … should there be?[/li][li]The place-holder-y map bits seem pretty clear so far[/li][li]There seem to be half as many female avatar choices as male avatar choices, and no ambiguously gendered choices?

Gameplay:

• Unlike many, I haven’t run into the background selection bug. I’m playing on the Mac client, running OSX 10.8.5 and so far have only selected the Poet background.[/li][li]Those zailors certainly do go through supplies rather quickly! Plus as the crew size decreased, the rate of consumption of supplies doesn’t seem to change. Once your crew is starving, menace events interrupt everything, including buying more supplies to feed to your hungry crew, and then they seem to just starve anyway. It seems to me that either the cost of supplies needs to decrease, or the rate of consumption needs to decrease. Perhaps your Echoes could buy a stack of supply crates, rather than just one at a time. Or something…[/li][li]Combat was a bit confusing at first because I didn’t realize that it was paused and needed to be resumed… also everything refreshes at the same time after your first action. I was extra-dense and didn’t realize that the yellow bars on the side of each portrait represented illumination until the battle was long over and I re-read the little tutorial window.[/li][li]I am intrigued by the Hunter’s Lodge sisters, although the one time I farmed it for supplies with news I seemed to cause terrible misfortune for the 3 sisters… this was extra sad because while docked I ran out of fuel (docking tosses your fuel out?) and then had a starving crew that had to toss their mates over the side until the end.[/li][li]The legacy selection seems to be quite buggy. A couple times I had to re-select my legacy and then it just dumped me back at the beginning yet again with (so far as I could see) no actual legacy being saved. Once I was able to select what appeared to be a quality rather than an officer (gleam? glimmer? something…). Once I was able to actually confer my officer to my heir and once I was able to confer skill to my heir. I haven’t tried carrying over my charts yet.[/li][li]There were more things, but I’m extra-tired due to lateness of the hour. More feedback with more play-time to come!

[li]Very very fast first impressions before I start actually trying to analyze things and before I read what anyone else wrote.[li]EDIT: After reading more, just a sidenote that I love that I’m not the only one who’s been playing Fallen London since it was Echo Bazaar. :)
[li]

[li]Plus side:
[li]*OMG FERRET!!! I know…silly. But if this wasn’t a closed beta I’d have screencapped that lil guy and showed off him and his text to everyone I know. :) I might have to make him the only thing I keep between captains just so I can as soon as it’s more openish.
*I love the atmosphere, music, and artwork. I figured I would, and I’m not disappointed.
*Controlling the ship seemed intuitive once I got started.
*The setup very much makes me want to explore and see what’s out there.
*I like seeing the nods to FL. Another longtime FL player so that sort of thing makes me smile.
*There’s a great feeling when beasties come out of the dark of &quotOooo! Oooo, it’s a thing…probably I shouldn’t poke it…but I want to know what it is!&quot
[li]

[li]Other thoughts:
[li]*Even though the ships controls make sense, I can’t help feeling like I &quotshould&quot be able to control the ship’s heading with my mouse. Might just be me and totally not an option for reasons, just a feeling I kept having.
*The combat seemed intuitive to me…until I clicked an attack and I think I attacked myself? Not quite sure if that was a bug or if I hit something wrong. EDIT: After a few more runs, I see what it was. The text says &quot[my name] is searching for you&quot when I search for the other ship; same with attacks. So I didn’t actually attack myself, the text just confused me. &quot[my name] searches for [enemy]&quot or similar would be less confusing!
*The pointer seems backwards to me - not gamebreaking by any means, just odd.
*Food seems to go super fast. I’m hardly an expert in the game and I’m kind of used to games where you die a lot while figuring things out but it still seems…fast.
*I’m sure I’ll figure it out given time, but more explanation in the help menu might be good since there isn’t a tutorial level, per se? If the idea is die a lot as ya figure things out feel free to ignore this. Between Don’t Starve and The Secret World I can handle lots of deaths. :P
[li]

[li]Overall, seriously, very good first impression. This is the first time I’ve been in a place to be a part of a beta test and I’m very excited. It’s also one of only two games I’ve ever helped Kickstart (because…money…it happens) and I’m very very excited to see how it’s progressed. I will give feedback on the requested big four questions once I’ve played more, promise! :)[/li][li]
[/li][li][/li][li]
edited by DarkGryphon on 4/30/2014

I think the biggest issue with food is that it is consumed at a rate of 1 Supply per 50 seconds, regardless of crew size. Fuel on the other hand is consumed at a rate of 1% per 2 seconds. This means that Supplies are consumed 4x as fast as Fuel, yet they strangely cost the same.

The other thing that’s REALLY been bugging me is the measurements. They should not be in yards unless the Unterzee is a small pond. Hunter’s Keep is less than 500 yards from London, which creates the strange situation where Venderblight, a supposedly distant colony requiring days/weeks to reach, is under 3 miles away.

For the sake of common sense can yards be replaced with Cables? A Cable is 100 Fathoms, or 1/10th of a nautical mile (or 600 feet, 606 if you use the Admirality Cable) which makes the distances seem less, well, insane. After all, why would you need a steam engine to visit the nearby islands or to get to the Tomb Colonies when, by land, it’s a shorter distance than walking across town?

I’m loving the game so far! The controls are easy to figure out, the graphics and music are gorgeous, and combat is pretty easily understood. Exploration is good, the objectives are easy to figure out, and there’s all kinds of fun stuff to do.

Things that I am not fond of:

[ul][li]You auto-drain a barrel of fuel no matter what level it was at whenever you launch. A misclick on my part led to being stranded and dying at Hunter’s Keep because of this. Twice, in fact. That seems incredibly arbitrary, and it’s very frustrating.
[/li][li]Zailors consume supplies at a truly alarming rate, making exploration impractical at best, or impossible at worst. The hunger autofires are pretty frustrating.
[/li][li]Echoes are very hard to obtain, making the above problem worse[/li][li]Very, very few ways to reduce terror that don’t require Hearts at a much higher than normal level, or way more echoes than are practical. Autofires are very common, and very frustrating.
[/li][li]Very few ways to increase hearts.[/li][li]Combat is either over quickly, or is very difficult. It was unusual to see anything that a single salvo wouldn’t outright destroy, and anything it didn’t was very, very difficult to face.[/li][li]Quality challenges are similar to combat, in that it’s very strangely scaled. They’re either very easy, or impractical to use.[/li][li]Autofire hunger cards hitting just as I enter port have killed me twice as well. They shouldn’t take place if there are supplies or the option to purchase them.
[/li][/ul]
edited by ZackOak on 4/30/2014