First Feast of the Rose - Completely Lost

There is! It’s just the general FL IRC channel, but you should be able to find someone who wants to trade (if not at first, then if you stick around). Connect here, or if you run into problems (it happens) this link also works. Or if you have your own client; irc.synirc.net #fallenlondon

Thanks Spacemarine!

I found a very popular thread here as well: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1467-celebrate-the-feast-of-the-exceptional-rose.aspx

Apologies for being clueless… Apart from the card with options for romantic dalliances I’ve yet to see any cards associated with the feast, certainly none of these ‘lilac’ cards?
I’ve collected in exchange a selection of gifts, but where do I actually exchange these for masquing?

You need Lilac to show up for that, apparently. I’ve not seen her either.

Apparently you can summon her by “Writing a Letter” in your Lodgings if you’ve a Favourable Circumstance to cash in.

Keep flipping cards and eventually she’ll appear.

I haven’t seen her card at all for 2 days, but today I received it 3 times.

[li]
Lilac just informed me that Masqiung gained from Gifts of Scorn is now capped at five. This can’t be right, can it?

[li]
Lilac just informed me that Masqiung gained from Gifts of Scorn is now capped at five. This can’t be right, can it?[/quote]
I’m afraid they made that change just today.
[/li]

[quote=alessandriana]Lilac just informed me that Masqiung gained from Gifts of Scorn is now capped at five. This can’t be right, can it?[/quote]Personally, I now nominate Dancing as the optimal option to grind. Assuming, of course, your Persuasive is in good shape for it.

[li]
Lilac just informed me that Masqiung gained from Gifts of Scorn is now capped at five. This can’t be right, can it?[/quote]
I’m afraid they made that change just today.
[/li][/quote]

[li]
Arrrrgh.

Is the masquing from that capped as well? And how frequent is success?

Quite confused as to how somebody is supposed to ever get the high Masquing that some of those companions require! Even the greatest gift only allows up to 50 yet I think one of the companions requires 80?

Simple - by trading in more than one of the Fate-locked gifts.

Indeed, the 4 top companions actually cost 100 masquing each (deviless, devil, missionary and firebrand).

Am I right in thinking that towards the end of last year’s feast a new option opened on Celebrate the Feast of the Exceptional Rose allowing you to grind Masquing and get those expensive companions without Fate?

No, you would be wrong. Last year the rare success for Dancing wasn’t capped.