Feeling bad about my choices...

Art is a nice chap. Admire him.

I feel like I’ve got to know my character more the longer I’ve played. I had an idea of the sort of person she was, but as I played more found myself making more and more ‘in character’ decisions. Her backstory only played out in my head once I’d followed her round the Neath for a bit and then I ‘knew’ why she was as she was (charming, flirtatious, largely magnanimous but with occasional episodes of shocking ruthlessness and borderline amorality. And she went through lovers like nobody’s business).

(She has, of course, been utterly reformed on the latter front by the love of a good man. Of course.)

But there’s a story that I’ve left hanging for months on end because I want to make one choice but I feel quite strongly that it’s something that Eris wouldn’t do. So until I can resolve that in my mind, I’ve just … left it. It shows the power of the game and the world building that it can have that effect, for sure.
edited by Lady Eris on 4/9/2015
edited by Lady Eris on 4/9/2015

I must admit since I learned what the Liberation of Night was I’ve really reconsidered my alliance with the revolutionaries - though thankfully I’ve been suspicious enough to avoid increasing that quality too much.

Hmm, who else to align myself with though? I don’t particular like any faction… I wish they’d add the Closest To The University thing I’ve seen in option requirements but there is apparently no way to get currently.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of ‘theoretical’ Closest To options that aren’t currently available… The University, The Duchess, The Rubbery Men, The Masters, The Widow… shame about that, really. It’s not like it has a huge gameplay impact who you’re Closest To, but it’s a valuable roleplaying-tool. Heck, it actually says as much on the description - “Who do you toast to when nobody’s listening?”

For sure, my character would be Closest To: The Masters, were it possible. He’s a firm believer in allying himself with the strongest - not so much out of admiration, but because he figures they’ll be more useful to him. Hmm. Maybe I should make a new thread…