February’s Exceptional Story: Factory of Favours

You receive a scored stone instead of a coin, it should be near the top of curiosity.

Thank you for answering without the humiliation I likely deserved. ;)

I feel let down: this wasn’t about Sinning Jenny’s Finishing School at all!

On a more serious note, I really enjoyed this one. The premise was unique and thought-provoking, the factions were unusual, and the mechanics connected with the story quite well.

By the way, for everyone bemoaning the uselessness of stockpiled favours and sculptures once the story concludes: that is the point of this entire thing.
[li]

I enjoyed this story–to me, this was the best-written Exceptional Story, though not necessarily the most involving. This story’s relationship to Fallen London the game felt comparable to a Darin Morgan episode of the X-Files–weirdly comedic and satirical, which I appreciated. The satirizing of the modern economy (and the gentle tweaking of Fallen London itself, with the characters’ obsessive desire to collect “Favours” and then trade them in) was a lot of fun. A touch of Terry Pratchett, it seems like.

While I liked this story, I spent the whole thing in anticipation of a grand unveiling of some deeper plot and reason for the start of such a ridiculous web of favor and debt trading that never came. There was no real payoff, in my eyes. I went in, I sweet talked some clay men, rats, and a hermit into stopping their swapmeet madness and getting the place back online, and it happened! Huzzah!

I also feel that this story didn’t flesh either the L.B.s or the Clay Men out any more than we already know. This could have contributed a lot to their development as factions in London, but it simply didn’t.

It was cute, it was fun, but there was no substantial additions to canon on 2 factions I think could really use it. Feels like a missed opportunity in that regard, and like it was cut short, as well.

very ho-hum feeling in the end, more like an average day in the life of an Iron & Misery regional manager. Not a BAD thing, per se, but isn’t the player character supposed to be an exceptional individual caught up in a whirlwind of intrigue and adventure?
edited by Addis Rook on 2/4/2018

Afraid I’m going to have to chime in as having been very underwhelmed by this tale. It was odd, but didn’t seem to hint at any particular depth, reveal anything interesting, make me feel like I accomplished anything in particular, or… I dunno. It just felt like a lot of runaround, and without an interesting reward at the end. Thus far, I’d say it’s the least interesting Exceptional Story I’ve played through, and easily the weakest of the season.

My usual reminder to unlock this ES in the next ~24h if you haven’t!

Pardon my ignorance, but isn’t there usually a storylet at the end of the three Exceptional Stories of a season, where you combine all the items?

The season conclusions aren’t released that soon. Bit more patience and it will be here!

For the Season, we should have 3 items, correct? I have 1 coin, and one scored stone. What is the third item received, the locket?

Correct.

[quote=Skinnyman]
The season conclusions aren’t released that soon. Bit more patience and it will be here![/quote]
Thank you very much for your help! I had this vague memory of the Season of -x- box remaining, and when it disappeared, I wondered if I had failed the stories (having one coin instead of three). I appreciate you clearing that up quickly for me.

Good to know, I was worried for a bit that I’d somehow missed an item.

[color=#cc0099]Happy to report the end content for this season is now available![/color]

I’ve done the end content and acquired an item. The accompanying text said I should go to my Lodgings to study it, but I can find no option there to do so.

Hello everyone, I have finally played this story and found that I got to the end without delivering the package. Could someone please tell me what happened if I’d chosen either option (ie deliver it to the rats or give it to the manager)? Would be happy to receive a pm about it. Thank you so much!

Done.

Much obliged!!